C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Terrible HR/Recruiting Leadership
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 13, 2016
I do not recommend CH Robinson for talent acquisition/recruiting professionals. They promoted several terrible leaders in 2014 that have little to no knowledge of recruiting and have a terrible disregard for employees & people. They also pushed out many talented recruiting professionals. The VP, HR is also very cowardly.
Pros
Flat organization.
Fast Paced and room to grow
Quality Control/Sales/ Account Management/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 5, 2016
CH Robinson was my home for 11 years - there was always an opportunity to better myself and my career within their network. CH Robinson was goal oriented and let you pursue that goal with your own drive. CH Robinson does an excellent job at promoting you and your future. They work with you to find your path to betterment and better money. The benefits were outstanding. The pace was always very quick and there were times when I wouldn't be able to keep up but knowledge soon took over and the pace lessened and the job was manageable and fun. This is a great place to work and grow!
Fast paced logistics broker
Logistical Scheduling Broker and Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 4, 2016
Operations:
-Schedule an average of 90 pickup and delivery appointments per day for carriers (semi-trucks, TL).
-Obtain appointments via 10+ customer's different scheduling websites with various formats.
-Ensure accurate times/dates for pickups and deliveries to prevent fines and layovers.
-Answer incoming calls to dispatch truck drivers and solve re-scheduling conflicts.
Pros
job security, solid management, organized, beer on friday
Cons
understaffed, low wages, negative atmosphere
Hard to advance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2016
good place to work, good people and coworkers, they treat the staff well for a young person that loves to drink, I had a great time, but advancement is nonexistent
Productive and professional work place
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 18, 2016
C.H. Robinson is one of the largest and best 3rd party logistics companies in the world. I have learned so much about the supply chain industry and am forever thankful for the experience this company has provided me.
Work/life balance
Carrier Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2016
Not good. Carrier sales expected to never leave their desks. No career path. You will do the same thing from the day you start until the day you leave.
Pros
People, commission
Cons
Work/life balance
Great Place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at CH. I enjoyed that management cared about what was going on in our lives. I enjoyed talking to the drivers each day. I decided to go in a new direction due to pay issues and I felt very robotic some days.
Great skill building Bad office Culture
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 5, 2016
I learn a great deal concerning task management but the office culture is a lot of blaming and unfair treatment on advancement. Advancement wasn't based off skill but favoritism.
they worry about your lights being on then quality
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILAugust 30, 2016
managment is not up to that level require.. they never hire not a place to put your mind to it. they dont appreciate. schedule is from 2;30 to 1 am but they dont let you go till 5 in the morning
Time at C.H. Robinson
Carrier Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that are built and the many people I have come into contact with over the years. Those relationships has and continue to shape who I am as a worker here. It is a place that is good to work and the relationships last outside of work going to different training session. Even hanging out at different places for different occasions.
Pros
Good Lunch and breakfast
Strong and Stable Company - Great Company Culture
Global Forwarding Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2016
CH Robinson is a great company with integrity, and a powerhouse in the logistics industry. Has all the tools and resources available to be successful and ship anything anywhere.
Pros
Brand recognition, global presence, capabiliites.
Cons
Commission Structure / Compensation Plan
productive and fun enviroment
Shipment Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  okc okAugust 17, 2016
Great company to work for! I love the energy and the employees as well. management was awesome. 401k match 4%, pto and holiday pay. good health insurance
Productive workplace
Load Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
A typical day involves interacting with freight carriers to gather information for tracking.

I have learned to prioritize my daily tasks.

my co-workers are friendly, very helpful and very open to new ideas and suggestions.

The hardest part of my job is going back to fix mistakes that others have made on a daily basis which gets monotonous. I believe I do so much more than my job description.

the most enjoyable part of my job is finding solutions to issues that are very beneficial to account managers and customers.
Pros
casual attire, easy to get days off
Cons
no higher level position in our branch
Fantastic job
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2016
Great job to work for and to get experience under your belt . They now have a training program and everything is well taken care of now .
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no training
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2016
In my opinion Towards the end of my time at Ch Robinson i felt drained , i was pushing myself to go in everyday and was relieved when i was let go, at the beginning it was ok, but you get tired of being belittled by callers all day, ive worked at a call center before this and it was nothing compared to the treatment the truckers gave you at Ch Robinson, it would leave me feeling mentally exhausted not wanting to face another caller. the way management handled the procedures was horrible they didnt even know what was going on yet expected one as a employee to get it and not get it wrong or face the consistences, they have no sick days only PTO and are expected to schedule your sick days in advance, this is hard on parents and students and for that reason i saw alot of employees be terminated, you had one call out day a month as long as pto was available and if more than one was used you would be written up
Cons
no sick days, stressful calls due to grumpy drivers, high expectations
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2016
Excellent people to work with. Always something different. A lot of accounts but always thrilling to handle them and make sure everything is correct.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Long hours at time.
Great Place to work
Shipment Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2016
This company is very professional great place to work and you can advance to a new position in under 6 months and you will get a pay raise with your new position. They promote within the company.
CH Robinson
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 16, 2016
A very good company to work for. The days go by quickly and you work hard with a great group of people.Very good compensation and supportive people.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Poor Management
CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. very professional & challenging
Operations Representative I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2016
CH Robinson Worldwide could have work more on promotions for CSR and focus appreciation acknowledgement. The turnover was high for CSR and Sales departments.
Pros
Plenty of Cultural Activties for the employees very high technologies enivorment.
Cons
Not enough time in the day for all the work!
Learned a lot of new things
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the new things I was able to learn. Worked with a proprietary compensation system as well as Peoplesoft.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.