C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Pyramid scheme
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2014
Management sits around making all of the money contributing no value and doing nothing but telling employees they aren't good enough. Also, mgt loves to steal credit of their workers accomplishments telling branch mgr they did something.
Little to no training. No room for advancement as again management is making all of the money doing nothing so no need to leave.
False promises on raises and bonus pay structure with fine print allows money to be pulled at anytime. This keeps the "managers" overpaid.
Pros
learn how to not run a company or manage
Cons
everything listed in review
Accelerated Work Environment
Capacity Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 21, 2015
Diverse work space with supportive colleagues. Ability to constantly evolve and further develop my insight of continually evolving supply chain solutions.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Lack of Career Growth
Good Company to work for / Poorly managed branch
Punching Bag (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2015
While at CH Robinson, I did learn many new things. But on my own. The training consisted of "I will show you once, and you better know it right away." The group I was placed in was belittling and rude, the "management" is way too young to understand that coworkers should not treat others disrespectfully. So needless to say, nothing was ever done when these situations came up (which was daily). I agree with a previous statement made by another person stating their review. "It was like being in the movie MEAN GIRLS!"
I feel as though I could have learned much more given the opportunity and time. This branch SUCKS at training new employees. The hours were long, and you were looked down upon if you actually took your lunch break, or when you left at your scheduled time to end your work day.
My suggestion to the branch manager - Don't put 20 something individuals in charge of anything or anyone.
benefits
Cons
everything
Poor Executive Direction
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  USADecember 27, 2013
The branch itself was excellent overall and I would have been happy to finish my career there. Unfortunately, Executive direction is poor at this point. They have lost what made CHRW great and have single handedly thrown their competitive advantages out the window opening the door for competition to take chunks of business. The company is now about numbers price rather than relationship and service which is very disheartening as a shareholder.
Pros
branch management, team atmosphere, scale
Cons
executive strategy and long term direction
Good work environment but unclear career path
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
CH Robinson is a strong company with many resources but each branch/division appears to have unclear goals.

Everyone I worked with is very friendly and willing to help out

Management cares about their employees but employees do not have clear career path
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
Good for getting your feet wet
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2015
Great company if you want lots of Logistics experience right off the bat. Pretty much a baptism by fire your first day on the job but you'll earn your chops fast.
Pros
Lots of experience, great people to work with, not much supervision
Cons
Work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, no clear message or vision, low-cost transportation provider
Stable and flexible company
Problem Resolution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2015
CH Robinson provides their employees with the benefits of being a stable company that provides flexibility and opportunities for growth both personally and professionally.
Challenging and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
I started in the dispatch department. Giving the drivers pick up and drop information of freight. Eventually I was promoted to accounts receivable.
I placed business to business calls regarding invoices. I was a very good experience. Resolving problems with people over the phone was a good feeling.
Everyone had a team work mentality along with working on their own. I was able to get help if needed but was counted on to get the job done.
Problem solving was the best experience I earned at the company.
benefits
Cons
very competitive
Productive and hard worker, attentive to details, and team player
Problem Resolutions Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2012
Supervised 24 billers, processed problematic invoices in a 48 hour timeline, reconcile accounts and payroll submission.

I learned to be independent mentor to others and team player.

The management team was very optimistic. Management highlighted details and implelemeted in a timely manner to better serve the company.

The co-workers outside of the group acknowledged my work ethics. I enjoyed sharing my knowledge to assist them with growth.

The hardest part of the job was traveling to our sister office in Iowa.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a team working productively while providing accuracy with limited errors.
Pros
benefits, paid time off, summer & holiday events and yearly bonuses
Cons
no cons
Good place to learn but not stay
Transportation Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2012
Typical day at work. You must be seated, logged in and working by 7:30am. While working at CHR for almost six years I believe I can step into any logistics role and excel with little to no on the job training. Since all the the employees must take a personality test we were all "Type A" personalities and got along very well. I also made some good friends while working there. The hardest part of the job is cutting carrier's rates making it hard for them to stay in business while seeing a 20%+ profit margin on a load. The most enjoyable part of the job is the completion of a large logistic project or securing the first load for a customer.
Pros
health care, 401k, profit sharing, training, employee stock purchase, corn hole
Cons
10+ hours daily and weekend shifts, management, compensation
Good work environment with constantly changing processes
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 25, 2013
Days were very busy with two lines and two monitors being utilized at all times. Organization was paramount. The toughest part of the job was learning the freight market. The most enjoyable part would be the relaxed environment with some very good people that were friends both in and out of work. Management was constantly changing protocol and positions which made it difficult to really sink your teeth into anything for an extended period of time. The constant internal changes were confusing and to most co-workers, unnecessary.
Pros
free lunches, dress code, benefits
Cons
constant changes internally didn't nurture a business growing atmosphere.
The commodities broker never sleeps...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 15, 2014
While employees are well compensated in their positions, the job is unforgiving and relentless. Being continually the "middle man" between sellers and buyers puts the employee constantly at odds with both. In one's off hours, it is expected that problems and issues will be resolved at any time of day or night. The industry is highly competitive and stressful, with time constraints and logistical issues continually being consistently problematic.
Pros
high salary, good benefits
Cons
work is almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including on-call time.
Standard Recent Grad Job
Transportation Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2013
I respect everything I leaned at CH, but did not enjoy the majority of my time here. The stress levels are extremely high and it is tough to pursue your own business at times (customer sales). Your entire career at CH depends on who's assistant you end up being and what other accounts they decided to put you on.

The job instils great work ethic and did a great job at teaching me how to make tough decisions. Overall I put this job right in the middle of the pack. Do your research before you jump in to a career in the 3PL industry.
Pros
good benefits and time off
Cons
stressful, misleading, terrible pay considering the amount of work
Productive and Exciting
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Everyday it was a problem solving day. Many things will happen on a day to day basis when being in a 3PL company. It was the duty to make the distributors and freight line as happy as possible while being as efficient and effective as possible for your branch.
Pros
culture was fantastic
Cons
compensation and advancement in company
Good place to start a career...
LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 28, 2013
...but not a great place to have one. While you learn a lot about the transportation logistics industry, the long hours and low wages makes this a not so great place to work.
Pros
fun and energetic work environment, good benefits, job security
Cons
stressful at times, little opportunity for advancement, compensation is based on branch performance rather than individual
Stable company with lots of opportunity and pay increases IF you do SALES.
Transportation sales rep (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 19, 2012
Decent pay, good benefits, time off, etc. There is always something that you can "do" because you manager will always tell you to find new customers if you finish your immediate tasks. Management is definitely in your business and frequently reviews you. There are bonus and substantial pay increases if and only if the branch you work in is having a successful year. You really have to be a successful sales person if you expect to advance financially.
Pros
plenty of work to keep busy with, benefits.
Cons
micro management, always blame employees for things that go wrong.
Logistic Industry, fast paced environment, room to grow.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2012
I enjoyed my time at CH Robinson/TMC. I learned a lot about the transportation industry and myself. I made a number of lasting friendships at C H Robinson/TMC. The work environment was team oriented; while they took pride in giving back to charity. I was inspired to continue my education while working here, to ensure advancement. This was one of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
team environment, opportunity for advancement and benefits.
Cons
fast paced environment, ever growing and ever changing.
Fun,fast paced work environment. Good job work/life balance.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 11, 2015
This is a very fast paced job that can be very stressful and challenging. It is a great office environment for a corporate company and carries a work hard, play hard mentality. You will learn many different skills along the way here such as account management, sales, negotiation and supply-chain management.
Work a lot, make a little.
Transportation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 22, 2013
The overall work environment is fine, although it varies depending on the location. My personal experience is that they let you do your job without question, as long as you are hitting, or get close to your goals. The problem I have with this company is they do not reward based on results. Their metrics are objective and they always say that next year will be when you get your big raise. They start you off at the lowest possible salary.
Pros
young semi-professional environment. cooperative
Cons
very low salary, hard to move up.
relaxed work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
very fast-paced job; autonomous; hardly any work-life balance- always have to be available for customers; fun office environment; mediocre management