C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Productive and great workplace
Receiving Clerk / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 24, 2017
Loved the work flow and environment, Management was great and on point. The hardest part of the job, was the workflow but other than that it was by far one of the best work experience I ever had. Close knot team, incredible loyalty and focus on teamwork and personal growth.
Pros
Incredible perks, work environment and company offers great benefit
Cons
It was a temporary position
Busy!
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 24, 2017
The office was really nicely set up where all people were centralized in one big room. This made the job more enjoyable as we were able to talk to each other over coffee or other snacks. I started each day with setting appointments and tracking loads using our computer system. After this initial period of the day had passed, my job duties were to handle in bound calls, build loads, give rates and set more appointments. In performing the above mentioned tasks, I was able to speak with customers and carriers to better understand their needs so a more cost effective solution could be discussed. Developed so many long lasting relationships. Many still continue to this day!
Pros
Business Casual & M-F
Cons
Time Management
Fast paced and work with great coworkers
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2017
As a customer account manager, the day flies by. You take care of many customers and their transportation needs. Its your responsibility to help them grow by aligning the correct methods of transport to their specific shipments. No two days are the same. Management could be more helpful as an overused phrase in the office is that our job is "like drinking out of a fire hydrant." Coworkers tend to unify to help one another because of this mentally. Once it clicks, you impress yourself daily at what you can help achieve.
Pros
Benefits and PTO are acceptable
Cons
Not a great work/life balance
Great enviorment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 21, 2017
received and filledcustomers orders worked on fast moving lines the management was good and worked with employees employees received a lot of free produce
Difficult Workplace and Poor Management
Ocean Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
First week in CH Robinson at Atlanta Branch demoted my manager to Senior Ocean Import. Very stressful place to work, lack of communication and skills. Individual comes and goes when and please. Very unfriendly place to work at and lack of management presence allowed then to stuff work down peoples throats without giving them any indication that they were increasing your workload but not going to compensate you for this.
Pros
Management, pay
most employees are not valued
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
CH Robinson recently lost the top spot as number 1 3pl and the reason being is unhappy employees. Many employees are unhappy with pay and will gladly leave to do the same work for another company. This is the sort of company where knowing someone will help you get raises and promotions not work ethic. If an employee complains about a team member's lack of work ethic nothing will be done about it. Management will sweep it under the rug and feel the issue will resolve itself. This creates a tense work environment and many employees leave because of subpar management.
With pay they are very very cheap and the offerings are well below market salaries. Depending on the city you live in you'll be scraping by paycheck to paycheck. Any talks of raises will be answered with a firm no. Management is very desensitized to the need of financial stability of everyday people.
The Job culture is very much "boys club"
Pros
Cons
pay, management, advancement
CHR Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 16, 2017
Desirable for entry level because of the ability to get a lot of learning experience in a short period of time. Management is disconnected from operations.
Pros
Okay pay for entry level
Cons
Management, work life balance, culture
great place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2017
A good place to work, work life balance is great and compensation is high. Dosnt have job security for contract positions though. I enjoyed working here, they have great infrastructure too.
Fun, exciting, energetic work environment
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my years with C.H.Robinson. Salaries and bonuses were always appropriate. Our office was clean, bright and cheerful with music playing over PA system. Employee appreciation was considered important.
Pros
High Salaries, Corporate Sponsored Events
Very Poorly together
Account Coordinator/Operations (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 13, 2017
Not at all organized or put together. Two faced managers and not at all for the benefit of the employees at all. Not loyal to what they promise employees.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Overworked to the point each person is working as 5 people
nice location
Indexer, /Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
job was located in a nice close by area. sat down allday indexing 1425 documents during the entire time u there besides the two 15mins breaks and the 30min lunch
overview
Custom Entry Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2017
Work and personal life balance is great.
However, depending on the department management is not great.
Favoritism and gossip is a major problem at this company
Pros
fair pay
Cons
bad management
great Place to learn the business
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 5, 2017
CHR hires most people right out of college. It is a great place to learn the 3PL business. If you do well career opportunities are available. Moving to a smaller company is also a great career move after a few years.
Positive Environment
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 2, 2017
Great place with great people. Flexible schedule. The work was easy to learn and teammates were available to help with any gaps. I was only part time, but would recommend full time to someone eager to get into Logistics.
Productive and fun work environment
Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 2, 2017
Competitive workplace. Hours are pretty straight forward for when you come into work and leave. Show up, hit the phones, call it a day. Most of the managers push you to improve. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry clients every day. Most enjoyable part of the job was the success, and the people in the office. Most of the employees were laid back and fun to be around.
Great people to work with
Operations Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 1, 2017
Working at C.H. Robinson can be fun, inviting and relaxed but we definitely have a lot that is on our plates to manage on a daily bases. I began my career as an appointment scheduler which quickly lead to taking on high value loads. Roughly 5 months later, I joined the load building team which consisted of building loads manually into the database for several different customers. approximetly 6 months later I was promoted to an operations representative working with one customer but additionally helped on other accounts. Currently, I work as an Account Coordinator, I lead a team of four people on the overall operations processes for the customer with a specific large customer and handle many day to day tasks which include; tracking & tracing, situational problem solving, conflict resolution, multi-tasking, attention to detail, spreadsheet analysis and updating, and project development. Hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to continue taking on more tasks to improve other aspects of the business. The most enjoyable part of the business is customer satisfaction, our team of 9 has earned 3 major awards as a group from the customer. The atmosphere can vary, we have sales teams that can be loud at times when we have wins, it tends to get a little rowdy at times but manageable.
Pros
Flexible with schedules and time off.
Cons
Low capacity for growth and promotion.
Great workplace culture
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 31, 2017
CHR is a fun place to work and has great workplace culture. They are always doing something fun to up the moral. The best place about the job were the people. The worst thing was the management. Not all managers were there to help build and advance your career, but instead to keep you in the same place working extra hard without the incentives.
fast-paced, high energy workplace
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 31, 2017
Decent place to work when just launching your career in logistics/ supply chain.

You learn a good deal about all facets of logistics. Meaning LTL, TL, Intermodal moves, air moves, ocean moves etc.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Stressful due to being very fast-paced
Difficult Fast Paced workplace
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
CH Robinson was a very difficult and stressful place to work. The office I was at in Toledo, OH had several individuals that could do whatever they pleased. The lack of consistency in this office, led me to not want to work there. The lack of management presence allowed then to stuff work down peoples throats without giving them any indication that they were increasing your workload but not going to compensate you for this.
Great Company
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work, good place to start. It is a fast paced, fun environment. Flexible when it comes to needing time off. The culture is good and the management is a young group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.