C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Difficult Fast Paced workplace
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
CH Robinson was a very difficult and stressful place to work. The office I was at in Toledo, OH had several individuals that could do whatever they pleased. The lack of consistency in this office, led me to not want to work there. The lack of management presence allowed then to stuff work down peoples throats without giving them any indication that they were increasing your workload but not going to compensate you for this.
Great Company
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work, good place to start. It is a fast paced, fun environment. Flexible when it comes to needing time off. The culture is good and the management is a young group.
Fratboy atmosphere
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
Sectioned off office between those who make money for the company and the call center. If a rep doesn't like you you could be fired just because. Also they don't follow proper procedure within the human resources department.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Payrate too low for what were required to do
Good place to start a career and learn how to work in a corporate environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 19, 2017
Great place to start a career. You will learn the ins and outs of working for a large corporate business structure. Best advice is to get years of experience to build up your resume but leave once you feel you have a strong enough resume to find another job. Job advancement opportunity is decreasing as the company is focusing on restructuring to protect their interests against competition moving in the industry. If you are willing to put in the hours and work hard you will do well for years. If you are looking for a job just to get insurance and other benefits this is not the place to pursue a job. You get compensated on your work performance. Very competitive working atmoshere and you must be able to handle stress at a very high level.
Pros
You get compensated based on your job performance.
Cons
High Stress, Long Working Hours, Short Breaks, Little Vacation Time.
Productive and Supportive work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 19, 2017
I worked at C. H. Robinson's Headquarters in Eden Prairie as a Summer Intern and I absolutely loved the team I was working with. Everyone was so helpful and accepting of the fact that I went into this internship not knowing (anything really) about the industry. Because I am an intern, I get a smaller workload, but I do see that working here entails a lot of focus and time management. The team I worked with had so much energy and they were all sort of like a family. I went in to work everyday knowing that I would be greeted by my team, invited out to lunch, and asked if I needed any guidance or had any general questions. I think CHR is a great place to grow, as most of my team members have been working there for many years and seem to really enjoy it. I would recommend CHR, especially to anyone who is in College or just getting out of College!
Pros
Great coworkers, Laid back meetings, Food Trucks onsite weekly (during summer)
Cons
A lot of work
Flat Structure, Fair Work
Consolidation Pricing (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2017
I found this to be a difficult place to advance not necessarily because of the aspect of the work, but because of the structuring of the company. The hours were fairly standard, but there is no flexibility in terms of work/life balance - all hours and days are in the office, 7:00/8:00am to 5:00pm with virtually no exceptions.
Good Company
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
I've enjoyed every day that I have worked for C.H. Robinson. Overall, it is a fast-paced environment, but that helps facilitate competition to better achieve success.
Pros
Casual Wear In Office
Cons
Long Hours
Competitive environment, fast paced work flow
Carrier Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
This company is young and hungry, even though they have been around for 150+ years. Type A personalities a must. Competition is a way of life and you need to be mentally prepared from the word go. Atmosphere is relaxed to attract employment.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Perks
Cons
Ebbs and Flows can be drastic
what you make of it
carrier accoutn (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2017
working here is what you make of it, it is s stressfull industry. your sucees varies on the relationships you make wiht customer reps in your own own office.
Cons
stress, culture
Fast pace
Carrier Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2017
Good way to get experience in the logistics industry, introduces you to a lot of things that college and education cant teach. Very fast paced and competitive
Fantastic Entry Level Opportunity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Interested in logistics but not sure where to start? C.H. Robinson has many opportunities for the recent grad as well as seasoned professionals. Must be able to multi-task in a high pressure environment. Teamwork is huge here...no islanders.
Good culture, for the most part
Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 7, 2017
If you're a core contributor in IT, great culture. If you're a change agent in leadership, it can be a struggle if you aren't in the right group. Overall, a good culture and they do some fun things and there's a ton of opportunity to give back to the community.
A Fun Place to Work
CSR/Dispatch Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It is a bit segregated by race and by level of education, and a bit fratty, but if you can get past all of that you might enjoy all that the company has to offer.
Very high paced environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
Typical day goes by extremely fast. The job is very cut-throat and competitive. Management gives guidance and pays somewhat fairly, but employees are definitely overworked at times.
Summer Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2017
A good entry level experience into the world of logistics. Overall, this wasn't a bad job for someone who had no logistics experience. Managers were very good and helpful if needed.
Pros
Atmosphere, room for growth
Cons
Pay, Boring
Stuck in old ways of doing things
Capacity Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 1, 2017
Management is not moving along with corporate realignment and stuck in the old ways of doing things. Likes to threaten taking business away to get your mind to doing something else that doesn't generate cash. They do not hold themselves accountable for bad business practices.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Operations Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 30, 2017
The typical work day was sitting at the computer doing research, but the light hearted nature of everyone there made this rather menial job fun. The manager was good at control the office.
High energy and Fast Paced
Quality Control Manager/ event coordinator/ sales (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 27, 2017
This company is the one you want to work for if you like it fast, lean, and mean! There is always room for growth, they are always pushing you to become the best you possible. There is money to be made in logistics and advancement to be had! The environment is laid back for organized. The people are energetic and willing to put their full foot forward to do a job right!
Pros
Fun, laid back, good money
Cons
you work a lot! you will dream of this place
Great place to start your career
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 27, 2017
I worked for CHR for 3 years and in 3 different roles. Each day was high-stress, high-volume, and it was difficult for me to relax once I got home. I did like the demand that the job placed on me initially, but once management was not able to meet salary requests it was time to move on.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
High stress/anxiety; low pay; poor management;
Fun environment
Global Forwarding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, MOJune 25, 2017
I'm a liaison between companies and truckers.
Great company with an even better environment.
This is a growing company with plenty opportunities to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.