C.R. Bard

C.R. Bard Employer Reviews

Intensive workload, but you will learn a lot
Purchasing Team Leader (Former Employee), McAllen, TxOctober 2, 2014
Pros: new products and new projects
Cons: not too much opportunity to be promoted within the company
It is a great company growing a lot in national and international markets
Good
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Employed in the packing area. People were nice to work with, you worked in a small team environment on different packing machines.
I learned how to load and pack out in just about every area in the packing department.
Management was professional
Co - workers were productive and good people
Depended on the area of packing you worked in
Knowing that I could fill in anywhere because I had learned other jobs
I was a temp but enjoyed my time there
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), covington georgiaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: come to work, get to work right away
Cons: temp job
Basically very simple job. Receive orders, pick items from inventory, pack orders, label and ship via FedEx. Compensation for full time employees was decent, Temp agency took about $6/hour of pay. Management was great, culture was great.
great place to work
QA Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCMarch 6, 2014
Cons: excellent benifits
I was a lead Chemist, and worked well with my employees. I tested lab samples in wet chemistry and anylitical chemistry.
One of the best plants in Moncks Corner and a company of choice.
Human Resources Director SC, GA, Mexico (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: best company one could ever hope to work for in the medical field
Cons: needed to get more prduct for moncks corner vs. mexico
CR. Bard was and is a outstanding company producing a quality product and maintained a even more outstanding workforce. It was a pleasure to be a member of a top level leadership team. More importantly one found great pride in working in the medical field and that your products were helping to save lives every day.
Great Place to Work
Corporate Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Executive management and senior management place quality ahead of profits. The company stock has been increasing for t he past 10 years.
A great place to grow with
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Covingto Ga.December 28, 2013
A typical day would at work was loading and unloading trucks, staging product, putting the product up using RF scan guns. as well as shipping out the product. It was a team effort all the way around. our team leads stayed on top of everything that was going on, and would help out when needed. There was over two hundred people that I worked with, but mainly with a certain group of people I worked with. The hardest part was at times it was not to fast paced. that's when I would go help out in other area's to stay busy. The people I worked with was by far the most enjoyable of part. We worked as a team, respected each other, and got the job done at the end of the day.
Flexible hours
Dipper (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary
Made medical equipment for hospitals per customer specifications
Very productive place to work with a lot of great people!
Medical Assembler (Current Employee), Queensbury, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: paid 30 min lunches, positive environment, best benefits available.
Cons: strict on temporary employees
This job is a very nice laid back type of job. You are put in your own section of the mill and you work away for 8 hours a day. Every job there is full-time, I was asked if I wanted overtime over the weekend almost every week. It was mostly voluntarily overtime, but when people didn't sign up or the teams numbers were down it would be forced overtime, which is okay when you see your paycheck. The pay there is very decent. Unfortuntly, the only way of getting into Bard is through a temporary staffing agency, so EVERYONE starts off as a temp. now. The contract with the agency is three months, so after the three months they will look into how you performers and possibly be permanent. You are not isolated in your work, it is a open environment with many employees which are nice, so you can talk all day to them and will not get yelled at by management. Most of the managers there were good, some were strict because they are forced to be strict because they have to keep up with the numbers, if not, goodbye manager. If you do get the job be very carefull, as a temp they will let you go for anything! be there on time everyday and just do what your told, do anything out of there policy and you will be fired, we have all seen it happen. You do not get any warnings. Unless you are late they have a three strike policy for that. It is a job to look forward to!! You can apply through Intregrated Stafffing in Glens Falls, NY.
Productive and a good environment to be employed at
Hematuria Winder (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: they waited so long to make me permanent
Cons: i learned a lot from here and i didn't want to leave.
A typical day at work is winding wire around 48 catheters on every rack. I learned to wind wire and stamp appropiate names on each catheter. My co-workers was very supportive and friendly. The hardest part of my job is getting the job done in a matter of time, when someone is absent for that day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and meeting new people.
Demanding and rewarding work environment
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 12, 2013
Bard is a demanding work environment, where difficult deadlines are the norm. The work environment is friendly.
productive and relaxed
Team Member (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 24, 2013
I worked with a great group of people however they laid off simply to hire temps and not pay benefits
Started as a temporary employee and was hired full time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Billerica, MAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: small yearly raises
Fun energetic workplace oversaw Northeastern Territories worked closely with sales reps through out the United States. A lot of responsibility handled with ease.
fun and productive
Machine Operator/Stripper/Dipper (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: people benefits pay etc
Cons: management
i have really not complaints execpt for mangement wise they expect things to go there pace based on the book but when you are doing the work they are way more things you have to do to insure quality work
Forklift Operator / Lead shift Manager
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Covington GaAugust 30, 2012
I enjoyed working with the company, but the managers showed a lot of favoritism with different employee.
Great work enviroment
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Covington, GAAugust 2, 2012
There was always something new to learn and interest tasks to master.
C.R.Bard, Covington GA
Quality Engineer- Intern (Former Employee), Covington, GAJune 27, 2012
Quality Engineer - intern:

Responsibilities included but were not limited to:
- Warehouse planning
- Recommending efficient use of High Jump
- Reviewing the existing plans
- Minimizing packaging Errors & Bottlenecks
- Production Planning & Scheduling
- Researching and Recommending strategies to capture more demand
- Improving performance Metrics of employees
- Optimizing Workforce management
Great place to work, making medical devices that save lives every day.
Facility Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJune 3, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: corporate america
Great company to work for. Good Pay and benefits. Busy 24 hour operation with room for career advancement. As part of the management team we had a spirit of continous improvement.
A very good company to work for.
Telecommunication Administrator (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 2, 2012
I was a lucky person to have been able to work for the company for 42 years. When I got to learn the job; I was able to manage myself because my managers know that I would do what needed to be done to get the job completed and was left alone to do so. My co-workers and the rest of the employees on the most part were great to work with and were nice folks. The hardest part of the job was to be let go after 23 years.
Good Company ..
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), New Providence, NJJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: nice facility, gym, free coffee, nice people
Cons: it layoffs for outsource of finance department
Bard has created a nice work environment. IT is in the process of farming out its work, cost cutting, and laying off employees as many companies are doing. If you are in other departments of the company the jobs are very secure and it is a nice company to work for.