C.R. England Employee Reviews

very fun and great people to be around with very positive attitudes
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2018
At first I was very nervous because I was messing up bad my first day of driving and it was hard to get to know all of the parts that you needed to know. But the instructors are so great at teaching you to drive and excellent at showing you how to get to know all the parts on the truck. I really love the fact that they'll let you know when you're doing very bad and they won't give up on you. My experience here was amazing all you have to do is pay attention,put a lot of effort,practice,and never give up and you'll have a great experience as well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shorts breaks
It’s a great program to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2018
Great job and schooling and I don’t know much about C.R.England yet until I have finished my final contracts of twelve months. That the little I have known within 12 days.
Cons
Enjoying my new work environment look forward to a future
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed the review driver's training help me out with the new automatics you have I look forward to a career in retiring year God bless CR England more will be revealed
Very interesting
Truck Driver Class ATruck driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake UTFebruary 22, 2018
Very interesting . Everyone here is pretty cool laid-back very helpful. We are surrounded by genuine and caring people. The moto of “great employees only” not only acts as a core value, but truly encompasses our expectations of each other. As a team, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day, and to push each other to go past our comfort zones.
Professional enviroment and very friendly and helpful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2018
Everything is so far as my recruiter described it to be thank alot for helping me reach my goal of recieving my cdl now its time to start my journey i hope this career opens new doors for me financialy and advancment wise thanks again.
Pros
Free shower towels
Cons
No cons
Great many trucks to train with.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
If you want to get well trained and obtain a CDL license fast and start making money as well as gain OTR driving experience with a trainer to mentor you, CR England is the right place to go to.
Pros
Great many trucks to train with! Knowledgeable instructors.
Cons
In winter, it can be really freezing out in the Backing range.
Productive , fast pace
Company Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
I was looking for a employer and stumbled upon c r England,

Great company to be employed by
Great peers to work with
Excellent career
Newer equipment
Pros
Toll passed
Cons
Minimum wage pay
England is a very professional company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
I believe that anyone wanting a good career driving a truck should check out CR England .the people are very friendly and very knowledgeable on the proper training .
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
The people are nice and helpful, you get to meet alot of new people and once you start working the pay is pretty good. They try to work with you and make sure you do the best you can as a driver.
Very diverse work environment
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
From students to admin and instructors, the environment has a diverse environment. The facility in Salt Lake City has almost everything needed for a short term stay.
Horrible company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
typical day, driving.
learned, do not be a truck driver
management is abusive
workplace culture is cut-throat
hardest part, losing money
no enjoyment
Pros
Cons
Low pay, abusive management, fraudulent lease program
Fair company
Students (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2018
Came in for training to get my cdl classes were good sometimes had to train ourselves because of no enough instructors I’ve got my cdl waiting on a trainer so I can get more on the road driving
Pros
Ready to go
Cons
Not enough instructors
fun work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTFebruary 20, 2018
C.r. England has a fun work environment with helpful instructors and staff. Drivers are experienced and helpful on and off the road. Driver managers take care and find work for the driver.
Class time
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2018
I came in for the quick class however most of our class time was cut off due to lack of staff. We thought each other. When working in the trucks the instructors were good but sometimes the trucks were bad and could not properly practice. But all in all I passed first time through so I guess it got the job done.
Pros
Meet new friends
Cons
Lack of staff
It works if you work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2018
If you are willing to put in the time and work to learn this industry then this is a great place to start. It is definitely like being shot out of a cannon, but if you come with the attitude of starting a carrier you will be fine.
Pros
Free CDL, short class time
Cons
Being away from home
Life sucked at C.R. England
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 19, 2018
C.R. England asks that you sign a 9 month contract for training and job placement. If you quit or are fired before the contract ends, you will have to pay $5,000.00. If you go with another trucking company during your 9 month contract, you will have to pay an additional $2,500.00. After school training ends in two weeks, you will go over the road for two months without pay. You will have to drive for 12 hours everyday during your training over the road without pay. You will get a bleep trainer that will treat you like bleep, and will brag about how he is making lots of money off of you. You will maybe get one day off every month, if you are lucky. I don't recommend anyone to go with C.R. England. You will want to quit, due to the bleep up life that you will have there. Then you will owe Eagle Atlantic (C.R. England's school) thousands of dollars for breaking the contract. I recommend that you pay a local truck-driving school instead or go a different route in getting your CDL Class A license. Trust me, C.R. England is not worth your time!!!
Cons
Not a place for truck drivers
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2018
Long work days always gone never close to home
Never complete a job assignment always t-call a load
Had to work with team driver
Ways difficult working with management
Pros
Did earn a pay check
Cons
Not much home time
Rushed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2018
I was rushed to get my license by there School all new equipment that could barely may pass an expection and whenever it was time for me to get on a truck they rush rush rush and didn't worry anything about safety really
Productive enviorment
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 16, 2018
It's a great place to start working,the staff here actually care they are willing to start you off some where and stay with you the whole way, if I where you I would choose c.r.england.
Pros
Good company over all.
Cons
Non.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2018
The recruiter was off on what he explained about training. The schooling itself was off due to being short handed staff . But if you apply yourself and want a CDL and career this was the quickest path to getting started.
Pros
Fast cdl
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.