C.R. England

C.R. England Employer Reviews

If you like trucking and live in WVC they are hiring recruiters
Recruiter (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2014
Good fellow employees that made working their fun at times.
got the run around
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: getting to drive
Cons: driving for cr england
long hr little pay they alway had problems trying to move on

I learned how to drive a 73' truck and trailer safely

management very poorly manage and poor communication

alway needing to find equipment

when we got out on the road a lot of miles to go and a short time to get there
only good thing you get is cdl
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 12, 2014
after you obtain the cdl they will get rid of you as quickly as possible so they dont have to pay the cost of the schooling
Not a good company to drive for
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: health care paid for and could not use for 3 mo later
not a very good place to work this company is only concern with moving freight with no concerns for its student drivers at all and has false advertisement i drove for this company and i am now includede in a class action law site against this company for paying less than the min Federal wage as a student my trainer stole over $300.0 worth of my personal – more... belonging i was paying for health insurance for 3 mos and still had no health insurance – less
good company for beginning commercial drivers
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2014
Good company to learn or refresh how to safely and professionally drive a tractor trailer
Great Friendly people
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Colton, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: starbucks, lunches flexible work schedule
Cons: most lunches are at your desk, easy to skip breaks to get work done
Team work, Lots of laughing, Great support, awesome co-workers.
I have learned a great deal about transpertation from being on the maintenance side to being on the planning side. Its a great experince and so much room for growth.
THe hardest part of the job is keeping up with high demands. Its very busy and can get overwhelming if you are not a focused – more... mulitasker.
Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the constant learning opprotunities. – less
fun environment
Production Manager/Driver Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 4, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: work load
CRE has amazing employees and they make going to work enjoyable. It is a very high stress, fast paced environment and they tend to ask too much of their staff in the operations division. Fortunately, they give a lot of activities to try to help balance the work/life balance and get everyone's families involved.
Poor
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2014
Cons: mistreaded as a person
England is not a company I would recamind anyone work for they do not care about there employs
Walmart DC yard+ Cr england
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good crew
Cons: low payrate
did not receive back pay of serveral thousand dollars. other than that i had no issues with this company.
Being a national trucking company you get the opportunity to meet a lot of people from all over the counrty.
Advancement Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2014
Very productive atmosphere
The most enjoyable part about the job is meeting drivers from all over the country.
was convient if you lived in sterling, IL
Company Driver (Former Employee), Sterling, ILJuly 29, 2014
the job was great , but I personal couldn't enjoy being there because I am from Chicago and couldn't get home as much as I wanted and it was the winter time so that made thing worse , having to sleep in a truck everyday was stressful due to cold conditions
Very workable job a lot of hours
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), South Holland, ILJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
Pre-trip
Drive a few hours then enjoy a 15min (half-Hour Break) drive a few more hours restroom snack run. Drive couple more hours take a lunch reach destination or truck stop Post-Trip shower sleep.

Break
Lunch
Post trip
done
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2014
good place to learn to drive a truck.they a very high on safety.
They Tend to be a bit unrealistic when scheduling Ded. Route times.
Company Driver (Former Employee), Out of Cheyenne, WY.July 22, 2014
Pros: i was employed
Cons: too many to list... really..
a typical day at work...
Well while you are working.. you wake up to the sound of the Qualcom chirping at you with route assignments for the day. You then make your way back to the yard to pickup the assigned trailer, then you make your deliveries .. usually 3 or 4 Deliveries per trailer.
what I learned....
How to Drive a Truck.. in downtown traffic..and – more... how to get grey hair in 3 month's.
management...
Well lets just say they are Quite UNREALISTIC and INCREDIBLY Demanding most of the time, and it appeared to me they had real difficulty with the "Time & Space Reality" Thing..
My co-workers....
Mostly Good Folks.. Hard working.
The hardest part of the job....
Driving in the Large Cities and Putting up with the politics from management. The Pay .. Bad Eats..
The most enjoyable part of the job...
Doing something Completely New.. Seeing New Places Etc. My Co-Workers. – less
Good Company
Lease Operator (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great driver manager
I miss this job, this was my first OTR job I had and I kick myself in the butt for leaving this company. I had a great driver manager that kept me rolling and got me home when I needed. I had to make a change in jobs to be home more due to personal issue at home and I know I did not leave on the best terms because I was hit by another driver in a truck – more... stop that destroyed my truck and after I was towed to the repair lot I got another job with another company and did not go back. The accident was not my fault but it was gonna take a while to get me back driving and thats why I left, it was the biggest mistake in a job I ever made and I regret it. – less
good place to start
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2014
Pros: truck up to date break down they send somebody out immediately
Cons: no home time i was out there for at least 4 months
The school in salt lake was alright except for the crowed room and the prices of the food there other than that it was alright
great starter company
C.R. England (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: not enough pay, tough hrs for families
Great Job to get your license from great training, but not when it comes to compensation. Get your train gin and find better pay.
Beautiful main office facilities
New Recruit - No job offer (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: extensive, detailed orientation
Cons: only interested in leasing trucks or team trucks
I was intentionally misinformed by the recruiter what the requirements were to be a solo driver. They did not offer me a job because I would not lease a truck from them and would have been required to be in a team truck
Not a good first choice.
Over The Road Engineer (Former Employee), Palmyra, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: warm beds to sleep in, great price for the chiropractor, great dental plan
Cons: prescription plan is terrible, hours are terrible. good luck making it home for your kids birthday.
A typical day depends on whether your a Dedicated Route Driver or a Long Haul Driver.
Dedicated Route Driver:
Wake Up
Get Dressed and go Kiss your loved ones goodbye.(There usually isn't any time for breakfast or being social with them.)
Drive to work, stop along the way for coffee and some sort of breakfast.
Get to work 30 minutes early so you can – more... login to your driver account and give your truck pre-trip inspection. Call or text your DM and get ready for your load assignment for the day.
When you pick up your trailer or drop it off, inspect it thoroughly for damages and anything that needs replacement.
From there its a safe race. Get as many loads done in a day as safely, quickly and efficiently for the next 14 hours.
Your DM will run out your hours and push you to go for one more load.
The difference between this and over the road or long haul is that instead of waking up in your own bed and your own home, you wake up anywhere in the country in your truck.

I wouldn't pick this school first. Two weeks is not enough time to learn everything you need to know. And for paying as much as you do, you should eat least get three squares a day with the room they provide. But you'll make it out by the skin of your teeth if your lucky. – less
Great place to train.
Driver (Former Employee), Colton, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good equipment, it is a life style and a career.
Cons: tough job being away and on the road. it is a life style and a career.
Seem to focus on trainee's to run the fleet. The company seems to focus on new cheap labor rather then retaining drivers. Home time is not a priority and all policies benefit the company not the employee, typical of cooperate america.

1 2 3 4 5