C.R. England

C.R. England Employer Reviews

Very good organization
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Their training was good. I learned a lot about the trucking business. A typical day was 10 to 11 hrs on the road, with time for a few breaks of course.Being by yourself most of the time, you don't get much time to chat with your fellow co-workers. You also have almost no time to get a life.
not a good company
Truck driver class A (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: bad company
this company is only out for themselves and not there drivers they want you to get the freight delivered no matter what and they don't want to hear any excuses either. The expect you to drive in bad weather or drive over your hours too.
good starter job
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXJanuary 20, 2015
a typical day would be fast but not allady. I leard that the customer is all ways right. The management team is also a good part of the Ruby Tuesday team.
crenglad
truck driver (Former Employee), utalJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: bad emploer
never work for them again they wont let you take time off when you need it they wont let you stop when need rest ,they dont care if i get time to take showers just over all suck
The company is ok but is definently better out there.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2015
Pay 25 cents a mile for solo drivers and 15 cents a mile for team drivers. There are local, regional, dedicated and OTR positions.
Was a good startup company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Was a good startup company, but it could be better...no home time somentimes at all...afther months of being over the road in difrent states. Also it had good points as well i.e. by tiching you how to drive a truck properly. You could advance in the company and have a lot to chose from.

Thank you.
Dont get suckered into a llease
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2015
Too long away from home. Driver managers have little concern for your well being. Lease operators that don't train other drivers most likely never make enough miles to make lease payments.
Owner Operator Leasing Your Own Truck
Truck Driver Class A (long haul) (recertification) (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: owning your own business given wise driver-management by the leasee.
Cons: it's truck driving. no, you will not be at home. you have a truck to pay out of debt. the wheels have to roll.
CR England is a great company if the driver desires to invest in his own private business by leasing with the option to buy the truck through CR England Lease Program. Be prepared to be ultimate long haul truck driver. Professionally driven company. Safety oriented and proud of it. I have great praise for the Richmond, Indiana trucking school owned and operated by CR England.
Transport freight to various customers nation wide.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great place to earn a commercial drivers license
Cons: this company in my opinion is a truck leasing company.
A great place for a person to learn to become professional driver. I learned how to drive a big rig truck and obtained commercial drivers license. Management was poor in my opinion, in my brief employment with this company. I felt company only wanted a person to lease a truck and or drive with little home time.
Hardest part about the job was being away from home.
I enjoyed the driving and the office view everyday was different
can be exciting
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: gets to see the world
Cons: billion dollar company with no core value
pre trip inspection of vehicle, trip planning, driving eating ,rest break and post trip inspection is what I've learned. management to me sucks, the hardest part of this job is learning the Qual com on the truck. most enjoyable part is seeing the world and meeting different people
O'Reilly
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good company, good benefits, chance for advancement
Typical day at work including answering phones and helping walk in customers find products.

Learned a lot about car parts.

Store level management was mostly good.

Co-workers are friendly and helpful most times.

Hardest part of my job was being on my feet all day and the occasional hard to find part.

Most enjoyable was the satisfaction of finding parts for customers (especially that hard to find one). Building a relationship with my repeat customers.
horrible place
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: got my cdl
Cons: never made money
ran for multiple months and never got paid,all i got was my cdl. thats the only thing that made it alittle better
95% of the time I absolutely hated this job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: genuine opportunities
Cons: employer interested in making money off of you, any way they can.
Paid by the mile. When you add up all the hours you work, divided by the actual pay, new employee drivers make significantly less than minimum wage. There at least 20 other big reasons I hated this job. But there were a few perks--about 5% of the time I saw absolutely fantastic American scenery, e.g. Lake Cour de Lane (sic?), Triangle Lake in NV, or the Columbia River.
Not a good place to work for compulsive lying from beginning.
truck driver (Former Employee), colton , caDecember 28, 2014
Pros: getting my c.d.l and traveling country.
Cons: lied about home time and making half of money promise and trainers are lunatics.
I was lied to by recruiting to start off. My 1st trainer owner operator stole my money by cheating my training hours. My 2nd trainer should of been in a mental institution everybody wanted too kill his pets back home instead of driving no experience at all. It's alrigth to get your c.d.l bad management always putting your truck driving career on the line overall unprofessional company. Be careful with pay promised not true.
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Trainee) (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2014
I enjoyed working as an OTR driver. Training was amazing and very helpful.
The place to get your CDL.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 17, 2014
Excellent place to train your CDL . Hardest part is being away from family (you are in the truck for weeks or months alone or with a teammate.) Your 10/14/70 can turn into working for 12 hours in a 16 hour period with trip planning and doing paper work, but you want to save all your hours for driving. That is where you are making your money. You get paid by the miles. My suggestion is to get a teammate so most of your time is driving and not waiting and yard driving (unloading and loading) at the shipper or receiver, and doing macros (paperwork and trip planning).
CR England
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 16, 2014
I received a Class A in 17 days! Not enough trainer Drive time as I had hoped for.
Home time issues
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good equipment
Cons: minimal hometime
Enjoyed truck driving and other aspects of the trucking industry. I liked the freedom of the open road and was pleased with the quality of the equipment. My biggest problem was trying to get home time, I worked three months before my first day home and it was very hard to get home time after that.
Gives driving skills and opportunities
CDL Class A Driver and instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2014
With CR England I was treated very well. I was able to be a independent truck driver with my own truck and dedicated route. It gave me a new career to becoming a successful long haul driver
It's a start.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: traveling while you get paid!
Cons: living in a truck, but it does grow on you.
This company is great if you're looking to start a career in the field of big rig driving. They help get your license and train you for those ruff situations. Plus this company does OTR (over the road) driving, so it's a great way to see the states if you already haven't.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more