C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

This place is the worst company off all time
Student (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJuly 25, 2016
I hate this place with a passion they are a bunch of liars telling stuff about the company but to find out it's a different ball game they sucking you in with good things they promise but it's a lie avoid this company at all cost... If you don't you'll see why I said this and then if you want to go home good luck if you can't buy your own ticket you'll be stuck here like me no way to get back home...
Fun Work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2016
Driving across the United States was a very beautiful job the management wasn't that great didn't really have co workers I knew as I was on the road the hardest part was driving in snow which I was safe at but you have to drive very slow and careful but I enjoyed driving and seeing all the states
Pros
All the breaks i want
Cons
Alot of driving and sitting
Freedom
Licensed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2016
Made good friends, got to know and see the United States. Gained good experience over the road while it lasted. Being my own Boss was nice
Pros
Life changing
Cons
Driving in the snow in Colorado.
Independent working enviorment
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2016
Employment at C. R. England was a good because I got to see a lot of country around North America. I enjoyed being my own boss and working alone.
Great place to work if you don't like money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 10, 2016
See the previous post for a good overview of the type of company your dealing with. Just filling up space to have enough to get out of this required review.
Unprofessional Employees
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 9, 2016
There are a lot of issue with the pay. They promise you something but they wont give it to you. It is a good company to start with, but I would recommend to stay there more than 6 months.
na
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 7, 2016
mostly driving for 10 hours a lot of traveling loved the deferent scenery. learned how to read a map properly. management could be better.
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
Not a Company to make money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJuly 5, 2016
Low Rate per mile of the market. Do Not Expect Home Time.
Too many Lay-overs with no pay.
Ask for home time and they are going to put you farther home and when they wanted.
Pros
Tractors in good condition.
Cons
No family time.
I really enjoyed working with most of the people.
Invoicing Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2016
I would enter information into the system so vendors could get paid out. I would assist vendors with C.O.D payments for work that was performed on C.R. England units.
I learned that no matter how big the company is they will let you go and tell someone else to pick up the slack.
Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was that the rules changed everyday. I really did enjoy going to work and being there with my co-workers. I loved my job.
The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
worst company to work for
driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2016
The pay is the worst in the business. An management sucks no home time and if you ask for home time good luck getting it. The pay is below min wage and you will go broke being on the road. If you want to loose everything you own go to work for them.
They were a scandalous company.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 25, 2016
We only got home about every 6 weeks. They put us on DSL runs that were not capable of completing on time. Our DM was incompetent.
Pros
we were our own boss. LOL.
Cons
We would be stuck on the East Coast of days with no reimbursement.
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
I would give a D (grade)
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
CR england is a poorly managed company, I drove over the road, I envoyed exploring America, been to 44 states. However the salary is low, and the company reputation is horrible.
Pros
Cana easily advance
Cons
Low salary, poor management
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage
Poor pay
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2016
Learned how to operate a semi-truck. everything about the company was horrible would not recommend this company to anyone.
Mother was boss and had flexible hours
Clerical, customer service, and management duties (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2016
My mother was in need of help so she asked me. I would go in and take care of paperwork and perform clerical duties. There was very flexible hours and worked well with my busy high school schedule. I learned how to keep things organized and how to do things timely. I loved the co-workers and worked well with everyone. My job was not what I loved which often made it hard and tough. The most enjoyable part was that I was around my mother and the flexibility of hours.
An educational first stepper to the Wild life of trucking
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
A typical day Starts with unlimited sky and road. Only one thing to focus "Drive Drive Drive". IT was a good sight seeing of the Highway life in US. The Management was poor as relative to many company that I've worked befor. Most of my co-workers were nice and hard working people. Many of them were having a hard time to deal with the stress load. Most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing and understanding the planning and Designing of Good Country of USA.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
They are called something else now, and has new owners.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 27, 2016
The review that I would have for this company is possibly no longer valid. However, the community was what I valued the most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8