C.R. England Employee Reviews

A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!
Good company to start your career or jump back into the saddle...
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
Great equipment, dedicated drivers have a fairly good salary, but would be a great job of we were paid more... Overall I'm going to park it here for a while.
Pros
Good Equipment and you are home almost every weekend.
Cons
Better mileage pay and more miles.
horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
I dont even want to do the review for the company! They treat you as if you don't even exist but to solidly work, and as breaks are mandatory that is the only time you will get to yourself. They never give you days off and they always mess up your paychecks and you will always be missing miles on your checks, you will also notice that getting a raise never happens with them unless you decide to train someone. Oh and did I mention they stick you with students that don't even know how to really do the job yet and expect you to learn from them.
Cons
pay sucks
it was a fun and productive place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I love my job I just did not want to be over the road that long. the pay was not the greatest. The people I worked with were great and taught me a lot
Pros
was paid weekly, they offer great benefits.
Cons
over the road too long, didn't pay enough, communication skills were'nt great
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 13, 2015
Upper management do not listen to onsite managers - leave managers out to dry for issues beyond their control.

The company spends too much time making IT solutions for employees them doing what could make employees happy.

Wants to improve driver turn over, but doesn't do anything to not make lower level managers have ability to treat driver like more them 3rd piece of machinery to make loads deliver.
Pros
N/A
Cons
High benefits costs, no room to advance, low pay, just all bad
Great School
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2016
They Have A Very Good School called PREMIER Truck Driving School. The Instructors are Very Good They Break Everything Down To You In A Way That You Can Catch On, Their Very Paitent At No Time Did Any of Them Ever Yell Or Insult Anybody. Everyone So Far Are Nice People I Haven't Met Anybody Unfriendly Yet. The Only Bad Thing Is That They Dont Provide Any Meals For You So If You Come I Insist You Bring Plenty Of Snacks Or Money Because Your First 3weeks You wont Be Getting Paid Or Fed. They Do Give You A Free Room. The Headquarters Here In Salt Lake City Utah Is Amazing. I Say If Your Looking For A Great Start Up Company Come Here.
Pros
Great School, Great Teachers, Free Room And Board.
Cons
Pay (Lack Of), Hometime (Lack Of), You Have To Provide Your Own Meals.
Fast paced and motivated staff
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2016
Each day was a new challenge, with constant pressure from management to beat new and increasingly challenging goals we were forced to run a tight ship and meet any deadlines at the expense of our entire team. I liked working in such a cohesive unit but the weak links seemed to make things especially difficult and strenuous during low financial periods. Every one had pressure and drive to impress, but the emotional stress was evident. it wasn't necessarily the place to make friends, the bonus structure within the operations environment seemed to pit departments against one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming in every morning to a clean list of on-time loads, tracking production and making home time promises to my drivers, I really enjoyed the momentum of starting out on top each day.
Pros
Ability to move up, work with anyone, nice facilities and updated equipment, benefits (401K, health, dental etc)
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
CR England
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
This is not a company you want to work for. They have a very high turn over rate for a company like this. It is a high stress environment when it doesn't need to be. the management is more concerned about numbers than the well being of its people. Many of the good employees a leaving the company due to its not favorable work environment. A large portion of a employees income is paid out in a bonus system that is based on other peoples actions not your own. you can have a good month personally and still have a poor bonus due to the action of others.
Pros
in house resturant and bank.
Cons
very expensive healthcare plan, very hostile work environment. high stress with little rewards.
Work is fun but poor Managment!!
Trucker Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Clark, NVSeptember 28, 2016
It's a good place to get experience the driver manages give you a lot I miss leading information to you.. as far as work goes is fine depending which fleet you're on the people that I work with are really nice the driver managers are very poor in managing their drivers how they run us..how they give us miles The DM's are very inconsiderate about all the drivers safeties they just want to get their load delivered on time...and then when you say something they punish you by not giving your miles...or they sit you around with no work...and when you complain to upper management they really don't care...
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very little Home time
Hostile work enviornment and poor management skills
Road service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
They do not care if you have a family. If you work here you may as well live there. They pay you sick leave but do not allow you to use it or they reprimand you for it. Moving up on the company is nearly impossible unless you are family.of long time family friend. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Gym and eateries on site
Cons
Cant use the bathroom without being questioned as to why you werent at your desk for 5 minutes, they treat men way better than they do women, women do not make it far in the company especially if they are outspoken and honest, Hr department works for thw company not the employees
Starting point, needs work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
The company is a great place to work. Instructors are great and very knowledgeable. It is very fast paced, but very educational. You can finish the course in just over a week. During the backing range the north side needs some shade as you will burn easily. For the tuition price you would expect them to provide free meals, they do not. The only other bad thing around us that there is some favoritism for certain instructors even if they did wrong. Management doesn't want to work with you to place you with other instructors.
Pros
Fast paced, very knowledgeable, quick way to get A cdl
Cons
Favoritism for instructors, no free meals
I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
Great training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2016
For those that have there clp this is a fast paced company to get your training and then your cdl. They help you get used to your long days as a driver by filling your time with classes and training courses. This is not a company for the feint of heart as they are a zero tolerance company for drugs, alcohol and stupidity. You follow their rules and give your time to the training they provide, there isn't any reason you wont be hired or pass your test for that matter.
Pros
Experienced instructors
Cons
Stupid people that prevent you from getting your training done in a timely manner, not always enough drive time for training.
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.

2.8