C.R. England Employee Reviews

Starting point, needs work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
The company is a great place to work. Instructors are great and very knowledgeable. It is very fast paced, but very educational. You can finish the course in just over a week. During the backing range the north side needs some shade as you will burn easily. For the tuition price you would expect them to provide free meals, they do not. The only other bad thing around us that there is some favoritism for certain instructors even if they did wrong. Management doesn't want to work with you to place you with other instructors.
Pros
Fast paced, very knowledgeable, quick way to get A cdl
Cons
Favoritism for instructors, no free meals
Safe and great workplace safety is always a must
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake city utAugust 26, 2016
Overall great place so far wish they didn't required so much training because that just puts you farther away from making good money but at the same time I do understand why. Dorm rooms are clean everybody is very professional instructors are the best I learned alot even tjough I had my class a for three years I still learned more so don't go in thinking you don't need it because you do.
Pros
Professional people
Cons
Doesn't pay alot starting out and training to long
CR England
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
This is not a company you want to work for. They have a very high turn over rate for a company like this. It is a high stress environment when it doesn't need to be. the management is more concerned about numbers than the well being of its people. Many of the good employees a leaving the company due to its not favorable work environment. A large portion of a employees income is paid out in a bonus system that is based on other peoples actions not your own. you can have a good month personally and still have a poor bonus due to the action of others.
Pros
in house resturant and bank.
Cons
very expensive healthcare plan, very hostile work environment. high stress with little rewards.
I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
Good Company, Lots to do, Room for advancement and higher pay
Training Field Operations Instructor (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
Big Company, some flaws within the environment they are trying to create. Nonetheless, they are trying to create an environment that is fun and enjoyable. I give them credit for that. Most of the personnel have great work ethics and care about others. Good Place to work.
Pros
Fun, Exciting, Different, Pay Increases
Cons
A lot of your time is going to be held to push out the constant workflow, However, the more you work, the more you make
Great training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2016
For those that have there clp this is a fast paced company to get your training and then your cdl. They help you get used to your long days as a driver by filling your time with classes and training courses. This is not a company for the feint of heart as they are a zero tolerance company for drugs, alcohol and stupidity. You follow their rules and give your time to the training they provide, there isn't any reason you wont be hired or pass your test for that matter.
Pros
Experienced instructors
Cons
Stupid people that prevent you from getting your training done in a timely manner, not always enough drive time for training.
They get you your cdls
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2016
The course is very fast. It's a good school but you have to learn quickly or you will be left behind. They teach in a very basic way and they try to keep everyone on the same page. The instructions are pretty rood and think they could be better for the ones that just don't get it. Overall it's a good school and they will definitely get you your cdls and get you a job and don't let Dutch retire he is great at teaching the trucks to people.
Driver Trainer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Don't really know a whole lot about the company as of yet. I am a trainee so far my experience has been very positive. I especially enjoy the trainer Carl he is very thorough and I have learned a great deal about truck driving. You see my only last experience was riding a bicycle in Jamaica and picking bananas for a living but now I'm going to grow up and be a real truck driver watch out folks here I come
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
This place is the worst company off all time
Student (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJuly 25, 2016
I hate this place with a passion they are a bunch of liars telling stuff about the company but to find out it's a different ball game they sucking you in with good things they promise but it's a lie avoid this company at all cost... If you don't you'll see why I said this and then if you want to go home good luck if you can't buy your own ticket you'll be stuck here like me no way to get back home...
I really enjoyed working with most of the people.
Invoicing Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2016
I would enter information into the system so vendors could get paid out. I would assist vendors with C.O.D payments for work that was performed on C.R. England units.
I learned that no matter how big the company is they will let you go and tell someone else to pick up the slack.
Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was that the rules changed everyday. I really did enjoy going to work and being there with my co-workers. I loved my job.
They have plenty of work but the pay was not competitive
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CitySeptember 12, 2016
I drove about 2500 to 3000 miles a week with a mixture of live load and unloads and drop and hook.
you will always be busy and dispatch was reasonable.
I was out 3 three months at a time with 3 days off.
if you want to make money here you will have to be an independent contractor or a trainer.
Pros
good training program
Cons
little home time and poor pay
The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Unpleasant & Unfortunate experience with CR England
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2016
Typically for me @ CR England was an adventure, it is the largest refrigerator trucking company in the country. I've learned that before working with a company make sure to research the company. Unfortunately my employment with CR England was short & resulted in litigation...
Pros
Was able to travel the country
Cons
Things ended up litigation
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage
Over all pleasant
Driver student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2016
Over all pleasant but be ready to listen and pay attention. When they say fast paced they mean it. Rumor mill is rampant don't lay stakes in rumors ask the staff not the students for confimation on any level. I really wish that they would allow you to delay testing if you know you won't pass the test.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
If you don't get it you miss it.
Mother was boss and had flexible hours
Clerical, customer service, and management duties (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2016
My mother was in need of help so she asked me. I would go in and take care of paperwork and perform clerical duties. There was very flexible hours and worked well with my busy high school schedule. I learned how to keep things organized and how to do things timely. I loved the co-workers and worked well with everyone. My job was not what I loved which often made it hard and tough. The most enjoyable part was that I was around my mother and the flexibility of hours.
Fun place to meet new people and start your career
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
My experience at C.R England as a student wasn't bad at all. My instructors were very informative and cared enough to want u to succeed. The only down fall was the living arrangement with 7 other guys.
Pros
The Rec room as awesome
Cons
You have to pay for your own food so if you broke and you cant buy food you wont eat

2.8