C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search
School
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
Fast paced but worth it always busy don't have time to be bored dorms provid7ed for sleeping store on site shuttle is a big help wonderful time here enjoying it
Great work place
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 25, 2017
It is an awsome company to work for. I think all the staff is great. They do an say what the do. Nice school training. They teach you hands on. I would like to stay with the company.
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
This has been the best and funnest experience ive ever had i have not one complaint. The instructers are the best very educational. The rooms are great theres more then one shower its great.
Pros
The best trucking school
Cons
The wait line for a trainer
Nice people to meet everyday
Student (Current Employee) –  New MexicoJuly 25, 2017
Should've brought more than 7 days worth of clothes. Place is awesome. Bus runs to Walmart every hour. Laundry room is always available. They also had good fitness center.
Pros
They help you on your weak points & help
Cons
Buying your own lunch until u pass
Extremely great pay and fun job!
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
The company has a sound hiring and training set up. They are big on safety and you getting your miles or hours. The best part is if assistance is needed you can always contact someone no matter the hour of day!
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
I appreciate and really enjoy the work experience. It is a opportunity of a lifetime. I am very happy I chose C.R. England for my new career. It's a great place to start a great new limitless career.
Good place to start career
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 25, 2017
Good opportunity to begin new career good management room for advancement. I like to be able to see the country side while i am driving i can say that i have the best office in the country
Pros
Good place to learn new skill
Cons
Not good pay
Love the school
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
I went to the school I can say that I like it so happy they were able to teach me how to drive a 18 wheeler.
I can say that when u do complete the class u will have to wait for a trainer then u hit the road
Pros
Love the job
Cons
Awesome company to work for with great benefits
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2017
I had a great experience working here and the pay is great they treat you like family like anywhere else you have to work hard and deliver on time I would recommend working here
Pros
Good pay
Cons
None worthy of mentioning
very professional and a great place to learn
former student (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2017
My experience has been great, the staff is very helpful and friendly.the environment is safe and productive and has very high regards for the students.i recommend this program to anyone wanting to earn their CDLs
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
non
Fast paced, team feeling freindly staff
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 24, 2017
The staff and instructors were enguaged and dedicated. If you want to be a trucker it is a good route. When you show up to the school dont fall victim to the negativity, ask questions and be positive.
Pros
Fast learning
environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 24, 2017
In my opinion C.R England is a great school. it requires patience and it will pay off in the end. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the instructors are awesome.
A Mistake by going to CR England
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2017
I completed Everything at CR England with flying colors, on my second month on a truck , with a trainer I became ill, I ask to go to hospital they refuse they drop me in the middle of Elburn Chicago
Toxic environment.
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 18, 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with drivers whom you can't manage because you are over stepped at every angle. You are always feeling that your job is on the line. It doesn't matter how hard you work. Very little positive comes out of there mouth. Always negative.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
bonus structure, management.
training on a big truck
truck driver student (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJuly 18, 2017
I went to school to train to drive an eighteen wheeler cross country all over the united states for about 2 months for 10 hours slept for 10 then drove for 10 hours
Pros
got to see the country
Cons
thats all you did drive and sleep
Average
Commercial OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2017
Great to get your cdl but pay is too low and they leave you parked more than 18 hours a week to give you a new assignment and there is little communication between every dept.
Pros
Trucks
IT department that was not orginized
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 17, 2017
During my time and C.R. England, there was a lot of turnover. There was a team that was very old and did not want to move forward. There was no on-boarding training or direction.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
healthcare benefits were outrageous
Always work available
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 16, 2017
Dispatch daily with various routes available. Qualcomm system for communication and logs. Helpful HR and driver services and are almost always available with just a phone call.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
difficult to get reimbursement
Great company for starters
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2017
I think C.R. England is one the greatest trucking training school. Anyone that wants a career in trucking this particular company will be great in offering the best training available. All though after you get trained you have to watch out for them trying to force you in being a trainer. For those who want to go solo this would not be a good company to work for in long term.
Stop complaining and learn the trade
Driver (Current Employee) –  CA - CaliforniaJuly 13, 2017
I was recently hired on to a Wal-Mart dedicated account with c.r. england. I am an experienced driver of 10 years and have had many jobs including 1099 contractor positions (stay away from those). If you have hopes and dreams of running your own truck and authority be prepared to spend 20k in cab card, permits, business license and dba, if ya and insurance fees. First of all, I know how bad it sucks to make low pay. I made .29 per mile with Schneider and was stuck in Laredo tx numerous times, 3 days at a time waiting on freight to clear the border. Also made .25 per mile with Werner and went 300 miles there 250 miles here and wound up taking more advanced then what I would make just to pay bills. The fact is that you are not experienced and not very valuable. Those trucks you are driving can be a tool or a deadly weapon. They can wipe out 10-15 cars in one shot if you don't pay attention. 10 years 0 accidents. No violations with a perfect pap report. Show everyone why you are valuable. Anyone can drive these things but only the good ones can maintain an above average driving record. Don't be late to appointments and don't complain but know your limitations. If this job is not for you then move on to something else but don't make other drivers look bad because you can't manage logs and driving. Good luck and drive safe
Pros
Sounds good so far
Cons
We shall see

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7