C.R. England Employee Reviews

A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Fast paced and motivated staff
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2016
Each day was a new challenge, with constant pressure from management to beat new and increasingly challenging goals we were forced to run a tight ship and meet any deadlines at the expense of our entire team. I liked working in such a cohesive unit but the weak links seemed to make things especially difficult and strenuous during low financial periods. Every one had pressure and drive to impress, but the emotional stress was evident. it wasn't necessarily the place to make friends, the bonus structure within the operations environment seemed to pit departments against one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming in every morning to a clean list of on-time loads, tracking production and making home time promises to my drivers, I really enjoyed the momentum of starting out on top each day.
Pros
Ability to move up, work with anyone, nice facilities and updated equipment, benefits (401K, health, dental etc)
horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
I dont even want to do the review for the company! They treat you as if you don't even exist but to solidly work, and as breaks are mandatory that is the only time you will get to yourself. They never give you days off and they always mess up your paychecks and you will always be missing miles on your checks, you will also notice that getting a raise never happens with them unless you decide to train someone. Oh and did I mention they stick you with students that don't even know how to really do the job yet and expect you to learn from them.
Cons
pay sucks
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
CR England
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
This is not a company you want to work for. They have a very high turn over rate for a company like this. It is a high stress environment when it doesn't need to be. the management is more concerned about numbers than the well being of its people. Many of the good employees a leaving the company due to its not favorable work environment. A large portion of a employees income is paid out in a bonus system that is based on other peoples actions not your own. you can have a good month personally and still have a poor bonus due to the action of others.
Pros
in house resturant and bank.
Cons
very expensive healthcare plan, very hostile work environment. high stress with little rewards.
Starting point, needs work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
The company is a great place to work. Instructors are great and very knowledgeable. It is very fast paced, but very educational. You can finish the course in just over a week. During the backing range the north side needs some shade as you will burn easily. For the tuition price you would expect them to provide free meals, they do not. The only other bad thing around us that there is some favoritism for certain instructors even if they did wrong. Management doesn't want to work with you to place you with other instructors.
Pros
Fast paced, very knowledgeable, quick way to get A cdl
Cons
Favoritism for instructors, no free meals
I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
Great training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2016
For those that have there clp this is a fast paced company to get your training and then your cdl. They help you get used to your long days as a driver by filling your time with classes and training courses. This is not a company for the feint of heart as they are a zero tolerance company for drugs, alcohol and stupidity. You follow their rules and give your time to the training they provide, there isn't any reason you wont be hired or pass your test for that matter.
Pros
Experienced instructors
Cons
Stupid people that prevent you from getting your training done in a timely manner, not always enough drive time for training.
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Good Company, Lots to do, Room for advancement and higher pay
Training Field Operations Instructor (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
Big Company, some flaws within the environment they are trying to create. Nonetheless, they are trying to create an environment that is fun and enjoyable. I give them credit for that. Most of the personnel have great work ethics and care about others. Good Place to work.
Pros
Fun, Exciting, Different, Pay Increases
Cons
A lot of your time is going to be held to push out the constant workflow, However, the more you work, the more you make
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
Safe and great workplace safety is always a must
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake city utAugust 26, 2016
Overall great place so far wish they didn't required so much training because that just puts you farther away from making good money but at the same time I do understand why. Dorm rooms are clean everybody is very professional instructors are the best I learned alot even tjough I had my class a for three years I still learned more so don't go in thinking you don't need it because you do.
Pros
Professional people
Cons
Doesn't pay alot starting out and training to long
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage

2.8