C.R. England

C.R. England Employee Reviews

Unless your last name was England, you do not get a chance or related to one
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee), salt lake cityJune 29, 2015
Great company to work for as long as you had an open mind. The job itself was very demanding, 8 hours in your chair, only could take 15 minute breaks twice per day with your lunch. Most of us had to eat at the desk because there was no loyalty among anyone.
Good company to work for
company driver (Former Employee), salt lake city, utahJune 27, 2015
Pros: Miles on the road
Cons: Home time
A typical day at work. First we would go pick up the load at the receiver get loaded get the bills and every thing and start heading towards the receiver. I learned everything I need to know to be successful truck driver.
Decennt company, just hard being away from home
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Burns Harbor, INJune 23, 2015
Cr England is a decent company overall. I learned a lot so far from working, still learning a lot too. The management of the company is alright. The hardest part of the job is being away from home from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in different states and seeing different things.
Able to obtain CDL
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Over the Road, Headquarters in UtahJune 23, 2015
CR England is a good place for a single person. Due to all the hours on the road it does not provide for quality home life. The training is a bit force and not complete. Again, it is a good place to get your CDL, fulfill your commitment and move on. They have a lot of people leave their company even prior to completion of their commitment due to lack of home time.
Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 17, 2015
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
I enjoyed working at C.R. England mostly for the experience and the opportunity.
CDL Class A OTR Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, INJune 16, 2015
Working at C.R. England was a good opportunity for me to travel a meet new interesting people and being part of a team once again. It helped me to really understand the real life of a trucker on the open road.
Great people
QA ANALYST (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Good coworkers. Most departments try to have fun around holidays. There is a cultural attitude among several departments. You decide if that's good.
You are almost guaranteed to get your CDL
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 15, 2015
Pros: You get your CDL
Cons: Barely home with low pay
You get your CDL, you get extra training, then you can go solo or teams. You get lost into the company. They also place you where ever they want you due to you under a contract. They also don't give you a copy of your own contract.
All ways away from home
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2015
I was gone 5 months without once getting any home time. Every time I requested to get some home time, it was like a ball being thrown around.
Driving isn't for everyone
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: driver trainers
A typical day was driving 9-10 hours a day. I learned how to drive an 18 wheeler (big rig). I have mixed feelings about the managers here. co-workers hmm, when it came to my classmates we got along great, when it came to the schooling it was fantastic, when it came to going on the road with a driver trainer it was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had. The hardest part of the job was being away from family for 3-4 weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going across this beautiful country and seeing new places while meeting new people.
Driver Apprentice-Over The Road
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, family, benefits, not fun at all.
Very monotonous, and nothing challenging other than completing runs within allotted time. Coast to coast driving, very limited time off for the home visit per month.
The Refrige Specialist
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2015
Great company. Not sure if they moved completely away from company drivers and r all lease now but I doubt it. No major complaints from me during my time there. Lots of coast to coast runs and good pay.
OTR Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2015
53' Reffer Trailer Driven all 48 States Rain,, Shine ,Sleet,Snow all depends on road conditions,loved the job.Drop & Hook never no touch freight.
Constant steady work
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2015
I would drive across country in an 18 wheeler delivering various products. Mainly food products. I was mostly driving by myself.
I didn't like working there
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2015
I started with CR England to get my Commercial Drivers License. Once I got my CDL I began driving over the road for a month. I asked for home time for almost two months before i was allowed to go home. This is not a job for someone with kids and a wife.
bad enviroment
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2015
was not thrilled about working there. i should have listened to all of the reviews before i started and maybe i would have been happier.
Not a reasonable place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), over the road out of salt lake city, uthaJune 2, 2015
Pros: Medical, and dental
Cons: Care for drivers well being
Payment was poor worked 60hours and drove about 3000 plus one week being that the company pays weekly and made about $300 when i said i was going to quit i gave notice and worked about 30-40 and drove about 1800 hours and got paid 800.
The company plays with your money and management was poor and had a lack of care for new drivers and communication was poor.
Very informative, interested in safety. excellent equipment
Lease Truck Operator (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Will drive the latest and best equipment, well maintained to DOT specifications.
Went through training facility in Burns Harbour , IN. Later transferred to West Valley City, UT facility. Very good school to go to and learn how to drive a truck.

Used the newest and best equipment, very stringent school, only about 1 in 3 students graduate.

Learned about OTR trucking and use of Qual-Comm communication system.

Hardest part of job was CR. England (forced dispatch) policy. When you were told to switch a load, if load was late you would be charged with a late load on your record. That is not right. I didn't refuse any load but got charged for a late load that was already late several times.

Despite last statement, CR. England still rated me as an acceptable driver with a good record. Thank you CR. England. (never refused any load) period.
Professional Long Haul Truck Driver
Profession OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2015
Pros: Travel and Adenture
Cons: Long periods away from home
While being truck driver can be interesting employment, with many rewards, you must be with an organization which values it's employees, which C. R. England does not.
A never ending avalanche of high expectations and low pay
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee), McCarran, Nv.May 28, 2015
Pros: They have a shower.........
Cons: Everything else.
When you are with this company, you are a truck number and a 70 hour clock. Hometime means very very little to the DM's and Load Planners I work under. I have had 6-8 instances of the load planner specifically dispatching me in the OPPOSITE direction i requested days before. Do not mention any plans you have outside of the job to the planners. They will delight in screwing you over and causing you to miss the plans. Very poorly managed account, Fleet KK Wal-Mart Dedicated in McCarran Nevada.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more

C.R. England Salaries