C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,270 reviews matching the search
You can make your own way
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 21, 2017
You will struggle at the beginning, but if you do everything right the way they tell you. It will be alot better with in 6months and you will be making great money .
Pros
There. Is many options for you to do
Cons
You need to get at least 6months experience to ne better
Typical trucking job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMarch 21, 2017
Nice way to see the nation. Able to work by yourself or with a partner. Fast, easy jobs. Direct routes. Great communications with dispatch. Able to make own routes at times.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Too much wait time between loads.
Great school
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2017
Simple fast pace school...you need to stay foucus to stay ahead...push yourself you should have no problems...teaching is great the driver instructors are go...
Pros
Easy fast course
Cons
Slow get a trainer to work...
Okay experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahMarch 21, 2017
The course is fast paced, really meant for people with a natural sense of trucking. But if your dedicated you can learn the basics. Instructors need to be on one accord, but overall you can pass if you apply your self. Pay could be better but you do crawl then walk. I'm over satified.
Pros
You can learn basics
Cons
Too many to a class hindering practice time
You're nothing to them
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 21, 2017
At C.R. England you are a number. They believe that they own you and that you can work for 6 months at a time (away from home) without a day off. They lied to me every step of the way.
Get your foot in the door.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 17, 2017
If you're looking to start from nothing and make the bare minimum of the trucking industry then this is where you start. You sign a contract of 6 months with being a veteran and 9 months without.
CR England low pay and unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  nationalMarch 17, 2017
CR England is a very unprofessional company. It pays very low. Dispatchers keep you at truck stops or yards for long periods of time waiting for new loads
Pros
See the country
Cons
low pay and unorganzed
Awesome
Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2017
Everyone is very good here thanks to everyone that got me through it all very good school and trainers this is a very good company highly recomended I can't wait to be out on the road and work here
Pros
Good people
Came here for better pay
student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2017
Place is nice. most of the people are nice. Wish they had a fund for people that came here with no money to eat. For example if the company drivers donated $5 a month to help there fellow new drivers, that would be great!
Pros
I am glad it is only 10 days of school!
Cons
I will be starving for 10 days!
Fast paced but well done
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2017
A quick CDL program designed to get you in the road and earning money quickly. Several amenities available and room provided. Patient, experienced instructors.
Pros
Fast, free room
Cons
Loud environment
Beautiful area great training very nice people
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2017
Great class show you everything you need to know about trucking and safety the classes can be long but it's worth it and the teachers are very helpful
Pros
They give you rides anywhere you have to go
Cons
Having short break in class then back too work
Great place to learn
Phase 1training (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2017
C r England salt lake facility Is great place to learn. A better way to get your cdls with more knowledge n experience! From the class room all the way to the road Instructor n backing it hands on experience n fast learning
Pros
Hand on trainning
Cons
Short period of time fast learning
A big save for me!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2017
Great place and great people ! Very knowledgeable and helpful staff. Good food and bank plus store on property with shuttle service to nearby grocery stores .
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
fast pace with pool tables
new driver (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 15, 2017
I came across country to make a better life for myself. And Crengland has provided that from the start. Its a fast pace school that will give u skills that last for a live time.
Pros
fast pace learning good teacher. great aditutde. alot of local restruants
Cons
the long bus ride to salt lake city
Decent place to work , work out room and arcade in lunch room .
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 14, 2017
Working for cr England was actually a great experience for me and I hope I'll be able to jump back on the wagon . Trainers are a bit grouchy when you need some help but who wouldn't be when you aren't getting ur full 8
Pros
They work on your driving .
Cons
Starting pay was bad
So far so good
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2017
I'm new at this company but so far so good. I love the facility and personally I think it's the best facility of any trucking facilities. The staff is great and I love the new trucks.
Great place to start driving, and become a driver trainer.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 13, 2017
I worked on a Walmart dedicated dry/refrigerated fleet. I started my day at the Walmart DC picking up my load, continuing on to make several delivery stops to Walmart stores in Nevada, California, and Oregon. Occasionally there were loads that were picked up from vendors on behalf of our customer after the initial delivery route had been completed.
Driver Managers, office staff, and fellow drivers consider each other family, and work closely together to get the best results for the customers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with being away from family and working long hours, but that is tied to the trucking industry in general.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the feeling after making all my deliveries safely and on time, and having a safe and reliable place to stop for the night in my truck.
You get what you put in, if you work hard and do your job to the best of your ability anybody can be successful with C.R. England.
Pros
Steady work, Good pay, Safe docks at Walmart stores.
Cons
Away from family for a week or longer at a time, long hours.
The beginning
Professinal Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2017
I have to say they're more upscale in comparison to other companies. However, their driving program is accelerated; do not do it if you have a second thought. You will lose your money and potentially hurt yourself.

However, it is a matter of them finding the right mentor after trucking school.
Pros
Facilities, equipment, loads/work
Cons
Student driver program, time to transition from student to professional driver, safety program
Great company, but restructuring.
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2017
I learned a lot and worked my way up from the shop to management. The pay was good. Being salary you were required to work seven days a week leaving little time for family. Family is important to me. I prefer a healthy work life/home life balance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Salary, forces to work 7 days a week, over 65 hours a week, little time for family
Awful workplace
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 11, 2017
These people are disrespectful and want you to quit they dont ccare about you all you are is a driver making them money to your small paycheck and its a company that is ran by family who dont give a dang there word over you and if you dont do that you are threatened to turn truck in dispatch is god awful and fedup to even talk to this company is a company to stay away from
Pros
Nice terminals
Cons
Dispatch pay trucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7