C.R. England Employee Review

View all C.R. England reviews

Review a
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2014
I've went to England truck driving school, and all in all I had a really good experience. They hired me on right after my training was completed. I did notice that there wasn't to much concern about home time during the over the road training but I was happy to have a job so I paid it no never mind. Once I completed my phase 2 training I went out solo OTR and I was really enjoying myself. I was asked several time to take on a second seat driver but I wanted to get the miles under my belt alone. I really didn't want to take on another personality while going out on my own truck for at least 3 months but I was was intending on linking up with a driver who started training after I did and we were going to go teams. I answered a messaged on my quilcom machine asking me to pick up a phase 2 trainee in Houston and at first I was reluctant to do so, but did anyway. I felt a little pressure as a solo driver to get loads in on time as expected, but nothing compared to once I took on a second seat. I wasn't use to driving during the hours of 3-5am but one instance I had to drive due to a layover at a drop-off that had us there for 13 hours. I was tired and to make a long story short I swerved to avoid hitting an animal in the road and ended up on the median which by the way was muddy do to rain so I got stuck. England didn't take to kind to this as I was terminated due to the cost of what it took to pull me out. I really didn't get it. I was due to make them more money then what it cost to pull me out, but they felt different I guess. But that's not the part that disturbed me. It was  more... how I was treated after getting terminated. All of a sudden I couldn't get anyone I had contacted several times before on the phones or email. They tried to charge me for a lumper fee and expected that I just wouldn't say anything and regardless of me not receiving a citation from police, they still considered this and accident even-though there was no damage to vehicle or state property. Oh well I'll just seek employment elsewhere. But England has some kind of a stronghold on other companies, and me being an honest person can't seem to find work because of this incident. I know that I'll be picked up sooner or later, but it's pretty disturbing to find out that once you are no longer with England for whatever reason they seem to want to make it difficult for you to find employment with any other company. I've been told by potential employers that I should not disclose my reason for no longer being with England. But first of all I am honest and second, how am I suppose to not mention England when they are the only company that I have experience with in order to be qualified to work for anyone else. I don't have any I'll feeling for CR England as most of the people I've run into do. I just want those of you who are considering going to England please realize that you are nothing more then revenue to England and you are expendable for pretty much anything. And no matter what they are still in your pocket. The tuition cost is minimal it's the interest that's gonna cause you problems. But if you are desperate to drive trucks as I was your gonna sign that contract without even realizing that you are signing a contract with a very high interest rate. I'd like to mention that one company told me that I couldn't be hired by them because of this contract. So please be aware.  less
Pros
Very good School
Cons
They don't really care about your personal life outside of the job duties

Other C.R. England Employee Reviews

Just finished schooling
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 15, 2017
I have yet to get with an on the road trainer, so I can't say mich abiut the company itself. The schooling has been great: fast paced, thorough, great instructors. I've heard some negative things about the on the road trainers but as I have yet to experience this, I cannot confirm or deny.
Pros
Thorough schooling
Cons
Unless you have your personal vehicle at the school, you cant really go anywhere. Makes it feel restrictive.
Good starter company if you want a fresh start.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 15, 2017
They need to revisit their SOPs and update then and all management needs to geton the same page. Management is really hard to get a host of. The don't follow up very good either.
Pros
Great if you need a new start up job
Cons
A lot of other company's pay way better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8