C.R. England Employee Reviews

C.R England
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 17, 2017
Not a forever job or career but they do offer a great driving school. And they do prepare you for another driving company that has better benefits and monthly raises and bonuses.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
FUN work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2017
Everyone is great. The staff really puts in to help you achieve your goals here. From the day you get here it's been a great experience for me. Which helped me to do a great job on getting my cdl license.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Takes to long to be a solo driver
Fun place to train
Driver (Current Employee) –  ItahOctober 17, 2017
Is a great place to learn your truck driving career very fast paced but can leave you in the dark if your not a fast learner so be prepaired to learn fast
The school at cr england is very good. Its fast but you know what you are doing when you are done.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2017
I like Salt lake City very much. The here are easy to deal with and try and help you. The people are always wanting to help you and are nice. Great place to work are go to school.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Have not found one yet
Fun work place
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt lake cityOctober 17, 2017
Just started with the company haven't started any tips yet with the company looking forward to exploring the highway with the company thinking it's going to be a good company to work for
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Truck Driver
Professional Driver and New Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84120October 17, 2017
This is the worst company you could ever work for as a Truck Driver. They preach a good speech and sell that they are ethical, that they care about their employees and treat Veterans with care.

I think they are completely delusional because they do the exact opposite of what they say they are going to do.

They hire inexperienced drives and the rest of you are in danger by having them on the road.

They need to be put out of business, this is how bad they are.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Best training ever
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 16, 2017
Great place, friendly environment. Best training I ever had hands down. A lot of room for growth and stability and a good company to retire at if you choose too.
Nice friendly trainers, free lodging for the duration of training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Missouri (MO)October 16, 2017
Training is intense so really be prepared to learn. The rooms are nice. Though there's not a ton of fun to do in the school, they offer shuttle service to department stores and it's only a short walk from there to lots of restuarants.
My point
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 16, 2017
Awesome place to get obtain you cdl. an they work at a steady place and does not rush you. I think c.r. england is the best place to receive you training
straight forward and to the point
driver in training (Current Employee) –  salt lake utahOctober 15, 2017
General fast paced school. it still makes room and time for slower or less knowledgeable people to fully get what they need to get their career started. every thing about this school is focused on getting you done. and with the safety factors all in place within the training.
Pros
any dummy can learn it if they want to.
Cons
no free Beer.
large company more about the money
Owner operator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 13, 2017
your just a number easily replaced. if you lease a truck you get over charged for it and all that goes with. they are more interested in training new drivers then keeping good drivers.
Pros
Cons
no personal care
Fun workpl4
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 13, 2017
Good environment & good view of the mountains lol fast pace 2 weeks & done recommended for quick start cool teachers & instructors in Salt Lake City, Utah
Fun balanced workplace
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2017
I would recommend my friends to come here and apply...if you have a family gel friend ECT this is not the career field for you..I would also recommend bringing up to 300 to 400 dollars to get you by....the food is good and the get dorms are nice and they do take very good care of veterans....I'd do it all over again
Pros
Free bus rides to walmart and some
Cons
Being away from family gf
Great opportunity
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2017
I came here with absolutely no experience in trucking. The instructors were informative and took the time to make sure you understood how to do all the necessary requirements for operating a CMV. I highly recommend CR England to anyone wanting to enter this field that has never driven a truck before. You will become the driver you want to be.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Away from family
Quite fast paced
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake Valley, UTOctober 13, 2017
Very fast paced . Need more time to practice backing or more instructiors. Driving was good got time on how to turn and accelerate....................
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
The company is a great. I really got all the information I need to be successful. It took hard work to get the job done. I thought it wasn’t going to be what I thought but it was.
Pros
Fast training
Cons
No pay
Fun in fast paste work place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
Cr england is a great place to come get your cdl it is fun in fast paste enviorment great instuckters it has many fun things u can do here while u wait on your trainer they have a movie room a game room in so on if u are looking for a place to get your cdl i would pick no other place then cr england
Pros
U can get your cdl in less then 11 days
Cons
Low pay
Fast training.. low pay.. dorm room sucks
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
32,000 a yr average.. Can get cdl in 7 days.. Dorm room worst than jail..showers heads don't work properly...no food given...unless you do this review ...bus ride was not on time
Pros
fast training
Cons
low pay
They have a good school but lied on the pay you would make
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
The told me that I would start off at 40-44 cents a mile but it's actually 28 cents a mile and you split that when you do teams so 14cents. The recruiters lie.
Pros
One free lunch after this review fast school
Cons
Pay
Earning truck driving experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
It is a good place to work as far as you are learning how to drive the truck properly and respect the Federal, State and local laws. You will know new places in USA, meeting new people and making money.
Pros
Helping the economy through the transportation
Cons
Accident's risk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8