C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
Good place to start but know what youre getting into
Phase 2 lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2016
Im currently in phase 2 and i great routes i get miles and i travel. The pay is rough but what can you really expect just starting out. It gets better though as you move up with the company. My dm is awesome im in fleet c7 and after my first month i got a truck not recommended but its how the game goes. My advice stick with company through your contract at least. Then see where it goes but do not i repest do not comoaby hop.
Pros
Cdl, advancement, paid training
Cons
Some people youll meet and money in first 6 months
Good company, lacks organization
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  NevadaDecember 28, 2016
This is a good company, but like many privately owned companies, lacks organization. This isn't (I don't think) because they aren't aware of these issues, but because there seems to be no real motivation to fix them.
They seem overall to have a very "old school " approach to their people, which can be both refreshing, and alarming at the same time.
I don't regret joining the team, nor would I hesitate to recommend this company.
Pros
Seem to care about their employees
Cons
Lack of organization and accountability at lower level management
Not as good as they make it up to be...
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2016
This company does not do everything they say they will do. It's hard to go home when you request home time then when you finally get home it's hard to get back on a truck. I personally was home 3 weeks and had to call human resources to get back to work. They are not professionals when you have to call for help they have attitudes and it's horrible. The contract is just a no no no. Worst decision I made to start off as a truck driver.
Pros
You get your class A license fast
Great trainers
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2017
The trainers here take their time to show and thoroughly explain the process of shifting, turning, and backing. From the experience that I've had with some of the trainers here, I realized that the best are chosen for this job because some of the students here aren't "cut out" for this line of work but the trainers still do their best to train these type of students to give them a shot at a better future. Much respect to the training crew.
Pros
Hands on training
Cons
Not enough practice on the road
Good school for fast pace learners.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2016
If a person wants there CDL fast ,this is the way to go . In about two weeks each individual would eventually have enough training to pass the federal state required tests. Students will be in a contract for the schooling and more than likely get the job. Jobs here at C.R. England are almost guaranteed because of equal opportunities and non discrimination. They hire any and everybody the same way. Everyone has a chance to become something as great as a licensed professional truck driver.
Pros
You get your CDL fast and get hired to work for C.R. England.
Cons
Going without pay until you pass the tests and get hired.
Friendly management/trainers but could improve training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Overall the training here is sufficient. Some of the people doing the training are not very good teachers, but a couple of them are excellent and dedicated beyond expectations. On the whole, I would recommend this company over others I checked out. Just make sure you take charge of your training and don't hesitate to ask for help until you get what you need. Judy is the best.
Pros
Open backing range for after hours practice
Cons
Some instructors who seem indifferent whether you understand what they are teaching
Drive drive and more drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Pay wasn't the best but it is a more training school for new CDL drivers who want to get miles in to find a better company. After a year or so i met some people who made great money. As long as the wheels turn you're making money. I had a good experience with the trainer I personally had made it fun and helpful as i learned everything i needed. Only downside is home time which if you're going over the road you should expect that and pay (.14 cents a mile after a month of training at 10$ an hour)
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay, home time
Overall a very good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2016
Very productive learning enhanced by the instructors vast knowledge, it was very easy to grasp what was being taught in training. While the business hours can drain you mentally and physically it isnt very hard to stay engaged so long as you apply yourself. Patience and staying honest with yourself and your abilitues is key in becoming a driver for cr england
Pros
Knowledgeable instructors, frequent use of the machinery amd classroom resources
Cons
Short breaks, lack of sleep, pay for food
productive in learning how to drive and operate
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
this is a great company. they offer great school and training. cr England has fine staff of instructors. I would recommend anyone to go to cr England to schooling and training. I promise you will be successful in this career of choice and you will be happy. I learn all sorts of manuvuers of how to operate a truck and trailer.
Pros
free lunches as promise also a successful career
Cons
they have great benefits and home time for your family
The CR England Schhol
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2016
The biggest problem with this that I can tell just going through the school but not have started work is that your always being told something different. Other than that it is all good experience. Make sure you bring more than enough money then you think u need. You have to pay for food, bedding, washing your clothes (including washer and dryers) and all personal stuff.
Pros
Get your CDL fast with the benfit of having a job after training.
Cons
10 day fast paced, and long hours.
Worst Mistake I Ever Made
Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 23, 2016
This was probably one of the worst companies I could've started with in the transportation industry, they do not care about the drivers, home time is almost non-existent (My first time getting home after my training was 4 months and that was after weeks of begging), You will make almost next to nothing financially because they pay $0.12 cent per mile split all teaming. There are a million things wrong with this company and to explain just how bad it is in a simple phrase.

I would've been better off working for SWIFT.
Pros
Cons
Very Poor Training, Mistreatment of Drivers, Poorly Maintenanced Equipment
Inclusive, articulate, professional
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2017
This is not a joke that the school I was before was so bad, where the trainer keep going for smoking breaks every 10min before I know the day is gone and they never give proper training so I decided to change to CR, i surely see the difference, where so many time the trainer was so focus and serious until I understand what he's saying, giving me a proper guidance, because of this I have bring in 2 of my friends to attend the school
Pros
Training
Cons
Accommodation
I found communication was unsatisfactory
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Communication within the company was lacking and not helpful from about 90 percent of the employees. I learned that I work well with others and enjoy working without being micro managed. For about 3 years I trained new drivers how to drive truck. The most difficult part of the job was receiving permission to fix something on my truck to allow me to get back on the road.
Pros
Wage, road time, teaching new drivers.
Cons
time away from family, no time for school or extracurricular activities
Training instructors very unprofessional
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Great training course! Enjoyed training at CR England. My driving instructor was awesome! All the other instructors were very unprofessional. They said they cared about us passing but joke and make fun of themselves during class. They preach safety all the time, but are EXTREAMLY unsafe on the backing range! I would recommend this course to anyone in a hurry trying to get a CDL in a hurry.
Pros
Awesome course
Cons
It's not payed training.
It's a place for self motivated individuals.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 14, 2016
C.R England is a place that gave me my start so for that I'm grateful. However, like any line of work; your overall success depends on your determination and your ultimate goal. They have instructors that could do a lot better with curriculum and how they give the information, but nevertheless they give you all the necessary tips and instructions to get passed. So before coming make sure your mind is made up about this and humble yourself because the willingness to be taught is the key to learning! So with that being said I wish all future students good luck.👍
Good place to start, not so much for experienced solo drivers
Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INDecember 13, 2016
My biggest complaint is getting the proper compensation every week without having to contact a DM or manager. Management is nearly non existent when you have an actual problem they need to take care of. Unless you have a dedicated run, forget running regular as a solo driver. This place is great for a new, inexperienced driver to be trained and get the experience needed to start a CDL career. However, if you are looking for a paycheck you don't have to fight for every week, and regular home time, this isn't the place.
Pros
training program
Cons
payroll and compensation, frequency of work available
Fast paced, knowledgeable training staff, great place to get your CDL
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 13, 2017
Amazing facility. Very fast paced learning but the instructors work with you to help you learn and understand. You will have to put in your own hard work and study and practice but they provide all the tools for success. Help you to get your CDL and provide you a job right after. Very thorough with paperwork which equals to everything you do being in compliance and started off on the right track. Great environment and staff that make you feel like family. Highly recommend coming here and working! I'll be recommending aby one interested in getting your CDL to come train and work for CR England!
Pros
Great training, great facilities, all the tools for success
Cons
Away from home
Beautiful terminal in Salt Lake City
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
I've made mistakes in my life before, but this is probably one of the biggest mistakes of my career. I was treated like a number. For a solo driver, it was frustrating to get a load out of Laredo, because everything went to teams and instructors first. I had a lot of down time. And the pay barely covered my truck expenses. I always had money issues.and I literally lived in the truck because I couldn't afford to go home. And when I did go home,I would receive calls even before my hometime was over. I could go on and on. This company was definitely not for me.
Pros
Beautiful terminal
Cons
Low pay, too much deadtime, not enough miles
I came to get a CDL and they helped me acheive that goal! :)
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
C.R. England has you training and learning to actually drive these beasty trucks within 3 days of getting to school! There was challenges but you can't give it up! Practice! Practice! Practice and same goes for studying. If you want it, you have to put your nose to the stone as one Teacher / Instructor said to me. Good Luck! ;)
Pros
Your in a truck withing 72 hours, hands on training!
Cons
Cons like anything are going to occur, it's situational, however I can honestly say Cons here were far less than Pros!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Utah Test and Training Range, UTNovember 30, 2016
It was a very large facility great equipment dorm rooms were a little small and overcrowdedCould use a better cooking kitchen for the students for the long hours that they're in class and for better focus
Pros
Trucks very clean love that they have to get washed, Instructors very thorough in getting students through the training
Cons
Need to work a little more on patience and staying focused profesionalism and patience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6