C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,297 reviews matching the search
Great school!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Magna, UTApril 21, 2017
I got my class A license with this company in a easy two week program after that i was on the road with great trainers across the country learing everything on how to be a good driver.
Driving as a career
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 21, 2017
Controlled by a computer, you drive and sleep, drive and sleep, etc.
I learned how to drive the truck and it was much easier than I expected, The management was not readily there to help and very difficult to contact except for Human Resources. The hardest part is not being able to have the days requested off in the time requested unless you worked a couple of years and/or know someone.

The most enjoyable aspect of this job is being able to travel and seeing beautiful sceneries at times.
Pros
Not hard to do
Cons
No life outside of driving
Do not sign up
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2017
Got conned into leaving a job of 4 years and my family. Left to Salt Lake City by bus which took 20 some hours to get to destination. Arrived and had to wait hours to get a room. Finally get my room and it was nothing but a barracks of 4 - 8 people. Go looking around to find food. Only thing there was a over priced restaurant, and a make shift convenience store (overpriced as well). No pay the first month almost, they try to run you as if you were in the Army. Bedtime at certain hours, wake up 05:00. If you fail to show to class they kick you out. pay sucks, work/schooling environment sucks. If you sign up your gonna live off of peanut butter and jelly and roman noodles
Pros
CDL
Cons
All of it
Stay away!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2017
C. R England = Company Rpes Employees Not Gonna Last Ninety Days.
Joke of a company, home time gets denied. Refuses to pay detention pay, truck gets broke down for multiple days and no layover pay. Runs you hard but refuses to increase pay, management only cares when it is convienent for them. They tell you it's ok to get log violations and overweight loads because it pays them more, but hurts you in the long run. This company is a joke and will always be a joke in the truck driving world. Words of advice go to a real company and avoid the bs they have.
Cons
Director of sales and sales managers were Great!
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed future truck drivers get set up for driving school, making sure they had all the documents and guidance. Expectations about the school they were going to and the hotel they were going to stay while in school.

The hardest part was that once the person who had been cleared to go to the school , and company paid for their greyhound bus some of them did not show up to school. If they did not show up , we did not get paid the commission. I had a great time building relationships at work with co-workers aswell as management.

The most enjoyable was when the person who did show up and received their license to drive called me directly thanking me for all the help and being with them threw the entire process making them feel special.
Pros
Management and Co-workers
Cons
Commission
Any excuse not to pay for detention, quick loads with penalty for being late regardless of weather or maintenance issues.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84120April 18, 2017
By far the worst experience of my life, no support from management, no detention pay, 14 cent per mile, high insurance cost for a non smoker with no pre existing conditions, unpaid time off, will never get you home on days requested or holidays. Overweight loads, get punished for asking for loads to be re worked, if you do get ticketed you pay your own tickets. Absolutely no support what so ever, you are on your own.
Pros
None, work anywhere else
Cons
Worst otr environment possible
i did not like them , at all
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 15, 2017
i would not recommend cr england to any one yes they put you through school however they pay you close to nothing and try to run you hard, i am a hard working person but need to make the money i deserve to make due to the job
Poorly designed
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAApril 14, 2017
They are horrible with pay they keep you out on the road for to long barely let's you go home trainers don't do their job well you learn on your own...
Great steady work and travel opportunities
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 13, 2017
The training and accommodation to learn with supportive mentorship and organized feedback was diligent. Some leaders lacked professionalism. I expected to have made more money and advancement in opportunities.
Pros
extra time on breaks
Cons
too much confusion with moneies owed and credits received for passing inspections
Good place for new driver to get experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2017
Good equipment. Pay not very good. Home time not very good. People in the office do not understand trucking and what is happening in the field. Good place to learn how to drive, Just don't stay for a career.
Pros
Pretty trucks and trailers
Cons
Not good pay
Lot of support while you gain your experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2017
Good company to get started with and they help even starting your own trucking company. Not a good choice of a career for the family person. However, if you are committed to becoming an over the road truck driver there are a lot worse companies to go with.
Pros
Support, training, financing
Cons
on the road a lot if you want a decent living.
This company is,awesome
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nampa idahoApril 10, 2017
This company gives you the tools to become a professional commercial truck driver not a buckskin belly with a rubber as- hole truck stop cowboy chewing at the rope waiting for a load or backhall in 120 degree atmosphrre temp on a 140 degree black top while your driver manager is out on the lake having a blast and your the last thing on his mind big baller you ain't giing to move till you appreciate the training you just got and the experience to really MOVE loads no qustions asked while getting layover pay for sleeping in your bed at home doing your RE set. That's right rookie the only planning you did was put yourself on that black top no one else to blame rookie . This requires a lot more thinking than a roll of the dice . Hang in there rookie don't take gambles with hundreds of thousands of dollars of someone else's equipment and and consumer products . 600 miles in a shift max load 10 mpg keeps you out of sight out of mind .
Pros
Becoming a pto
Cons
Getting caught up in anothrr truckrrs mix
low pay never home
Student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2017
low pay, cannot go home for family emergencys, death etc. expensive to live and eat over the road. if your someone who likes to be home at night this is not the job for you
Pros
driving truck
Cons
never home lousy pay starting out
Great starter company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2017
Solid company just didnt agree with thier policies for new drivers pay.. Other then the pay it was a great comlany.. I learned alot and travel all over.
ok company nice equipment
perfessional driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2017
had a very hard time getting me home for home time and the pay wasn't very good a driver but pretty good as a trainer , the school have cool teachers also.
slave Master
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2017
If you have not worked for them for 9 months or more, they will sue you for $ 7,500 + you can not work in any other company for 9 months from the date of signing the contract .
Stay away from this company
Pros
nothing
Cons
slavery
Premier Truck Driving School - Rather Unpleasant
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 6, 2017
Short story: I spent a month and a half at their school in Burns Habor, IN and never even got a trainer. The school fell through on all the promises it made. I ended up learning a lot more about thermal underwear, how to survive for weeks at a time on microwave noodles, and how to walk 8 miles to the grocery and back, than I did about driving a truck.

Long version: The school is poorly organized, and the conditions of the hotel are wanting. My room was consistently 58 degrees, even with the heater on. As for the school, there was no shelter from the elements on the range. We were consistently exposed to sub-freezing temperatures, snow, rain, and wind, and we were expected to stand out in it from 7am to 5pm every day. School curriculum was jumbled and students were expected to self-teach new material with little to no assistance from instructors. Study sheets distributed by the school were missing crucial information. The HR people are somewhat of an inconvenience. It's like no one is on the same page, everyone is frustrated and irritable. All my concerns and questions were turned against me. Honestly, they made me cry more than once during my time there.
Also, I just want to clarify, the instructors themselves, out on the range, were wonderful. They were sweet and funny and they took the time to explain things to the students, when there was time, but there were just too many students per instructor, leaving us with short shifts in the truck and not a lot of time to learn (plus some students hogged the trucks). The bus drivers were nice and sympathetic and one even knew
  more... us by name. But they were a small comfort compared to everything else.
There's a LOT more I could say about this place but it would be moot. I could complain all day about my experience here. Let's just say it wasn't a good one, and I don't recommend this school to prospective students.
Thanks for reading.
Pros
Kind inctrustors, Friendly bus drivers, Shiny new equipment, Automatic and Manual trucks
Cons
The program itself, the cost, the contracts, the run-arounds, the hotel, the location
Cut-throat CYA and unwilling to compromise or make changes
OPERATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 6, 2017
They preach transparency, and fair treatment of all however they then turn around and do the complete opposite of what they ask of you. MAJOR disconnect between mid-level managers and executives and the little people absolutely suffer. Those in their ivory towers refuse to accept reality and do not want to hear the truth of why they are struggling. The culture is terrible and will run anyone away. Zero support for managers and leaders and top level management doesn't even make attempts.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Terrible benefits, culture is terrible
Falls short of their potential
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2017
Could be such a great company if they stopped trying to assembly line manufacture new drivers. Instead most new drivers are being trained by drivers without any experience themselves, resulting in increasing the dangers of the highway
One of the worst driving jobs ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
Never let you go home, even for legal matters. Only way new drivers can make any money with them is being forced to train other students. Use to force students into leasing trucks rather than allowing them to become company drivers first to get experience. If you don't train, then you get extremely poor load assignments with extremely low mileage and long waits in between those assignments. Majority of their trainers, do not attempt to train their students, but rather use the students to get long load assignments and drive on the students clock illegally. Those trainers would not teach beginning students ANYTHING during the time the students were with them. Fortunately, I can say that I had one of their best trainers during my first phase of training. I learned more in a 3 week span than a lot of my classmates did over 45 - 60 days out with their trainers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7