C.R. England Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
The driver training is great,lot of useful information.The instructors are very patient and kind,even on the testing day the instructor was very pleasant to work with.....thanks for the great experience CR England.
Pros
Great instructors.
Cons
No compensation during school.
Hostile work enviornment and poor management skills
Road service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
They do not care if you have a family. If you work here you may as well live there. They pay you sick leave but do not allow you to use it or they reprimand you for it. Moving up on the company is nearly impossible unless you are family.of long time family friend. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Gym and eateries on site
Cons
Cant use the bathroom without being questioned as to why you werent at your desk for 5 minutes, they treat men way better than they do women, women do not make it far in the company especially if they are outspoken and honest, Hr department works for thw company not the employees
Work is fun but poor Managment!!
Trucker Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Clark, NVSeptember 28, 2016
It's a good place to get experience the driver manages give you a lot I miss leading information to you.. as far as work goes is fine depending which fleet you're on the people that I work with are really nice the driver managers are very poor in managing their drivers how they run us..how they give us miles The DM's are very inconsiderate about all the drivers safeties they just want to get their load delivered on time...and then when you say something they punish you by not giving your miles...or they sit you around with no work...and when you complain to upper management they really don't care...
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very little Home time
Great School
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2016
They Have A Very Good School called PREMIER Truck Driving School. The Instructors are Very Good They Break Everything Down To You In A Way That You Can Catch On, Their Very Paitent At No Time Did Any of Them Ever Yell Or Insult Anybody. Everyone So Far Are Nice People I Haven't Met Anybody Unfriendly Yet. The Only Bad Thing Is That They Dont Provide Any Meals For You So If You Come I Insist You Bring Plenty Of Snacks Or Money Because Your First 3weeks You wont Be Getting Paid Or Fed. They Do Give You A Free Room. The Headquarters Here In Salt Lake City Utah Is Amazing. I Say If Your Looking For A Great Start Up Company Come Here.
Pros
Great School, Great Teachers, Free Room And Board.
Cons
Pay (Lack Of), Hometime (Lack Of), You Have To Provide Your Own Meals.
Great Training Facility
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2016
I really enjoyed training at this facility. The staff is fantastic, very friendly and very informative. James is a fabulous back up instructor and Andrea was my awesome driving instructor. The head hancho Ryan is a really great guy, it was a pleasure meeting him, and I feel very safe with my career riding in his hands. There are many other great individuals that I have not listed but all are great. Carl is not an mean person in my opinion like everyone says, hes just by the book and doing his job. Im glad I had him grade me on my final CDL testing. If you want to get your CDL in ten days this is the place. But dont forget to bring plenty of lunch money or you will starve. The preferred food of choice is Ramen noodle..lol. All the rumors about CR England dont pay jack, is jack. Ive seen drivers pay stubs, they make up to 2500 per week, and CR pays every week. They havent laid any one off in 96 years. So that tells alot. If you want to come here and get your life on track, as Ross and Liz say, get your nose to the stone, and dont come here wining . Come here prepared to do things the CR way because if you dont, it just wont work. Especially when it comes to backing and shifting. Danny is definitely the man on that. Anyways. I love it here, I paid attention and passed all my testing on the first try. You can do the same. So get out of your construction job, and come make some steady money, with CR England.
Pros
CDL in 10 days
Cons
Eating Ramen Soup
Production is good
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 27, 2016
Trainers are great. Teachers were awesome. Lot is keeps up. Like driving for C R England. Just got here so don't really know about the loads or drops.
Pros
Great teachers and instructor's
Cons
No free food
Long wait period, overall good school program
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake city utahSeptember 26, 2016
Good school, long waiting time, rooms kinda packed, usually 8 to a room, and haven't started phase 1 yet, still waiting for trainer
was helpful
Driver Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
The staff and instructors were patienced and explained things in laymen terms for us to understand and grasp ahold of overall it has been a good experience
Pros
staff were helpful
Cons
dorms were noisy
Fun place to meet new people and start your career
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
My experience at C.R England as a student wasn't bad at all. My instructors were very informative and cared enough to want u to succeed. The only down fall was the living arrangement with 7 other guys.
Pros
The Rec room as awesome
Cons
You have to pay for your own food so if you broke and you cant buy food you wont eat
Just starting
Student Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
Just getting hired. Seems like a good company. The instructors are capable and mostly fair.
They seem to legitimately be concerned about safety. I'm optimistic about my beginning career.
Stressful, terrible management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
I was busses out to their school in Utah, if you can fly do it. The instructors were very nice, and taught us well. However when I got out with my trainer, the company couldnt get me routed home to transfer my CDL. Ended up footing the bill to fly home from Chicago. I never went back.
it is what you make it
driver (Current Employee) –  slc, utahSeptember 23, 2016
There's good and there is bad. The program is made with good intention but some of the staff isn't willing to help. Some of the staff is. Its just the luck of the draw.
Pros
quick course. stay on site
Cons
kind of feels like jail only you have the option to leave
Poor pay with much deceiving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2016
was deceived many times and not paid for all miles driven. I was told that I'd be able to go home once a month at least. I was only able to go home once every couple of months.
Pros
job security
Cons
does not pay well, does not get you home but rarely
Premire Truck Driving School
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 22, 2016
Probably one of the fastest ways to obtain your class a CDL & get driving with a reputable company. The instructors all have lots of practical miles under their belts.
Pros
Fast paced and lots of useful knowledge. No room for BS.
Cons
I wish the recruiter would be factual on time away from home.
Driver in training
Driver Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 22, 2016
Learned a lot in class instructors where very helpful with all the training meet a lot of great people would recommend this course to others can't wait to start my new adventure in life.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
A little more one on one
Good place to get CDL
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Good training nice training facilities. Staff is nice. Be better if meals where provided. Place to make friends. Extre practice at backing range.
Good facilities
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Good trainers and fair. Sleep conditions are good. Trainers give time for backing practice. Able to get my CDL. Friendly staff.
Pros
Place to sleep they want you get your CDL
Cons
Don't provide meals
Pretty good company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
A cool and fun place to work.
The people are great and understanding.
The training was great driving range was very nice.
The training trucks were up to date
The instructors were very helpful and communicated with you very well.the
Pros
Free training, & giving a place to stay
Cons
Food is expensive 😭😭😭
Driver Trainer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Don't really know a whole lot about the company as of yet. I am a trainee so far my experience has been very positive. I especially enjoy the trainer Carl he is very thorough and I have learned a great deal about truck driving. You see my only last experience was riding a bicycle in Jamaica and picking bananas for a living but now I'm going to grow up and be a real truck driver watch out folks here I come
I'm having a pretty good experience. Some of the instructors need people skills and the students need more instruction
Driver (Current Employee) –  SalSeptember 21, 2016
I've had a pretty good experience here at the school. Need more instruction from the trainers in the pretrip inspection that was my weakest
Pros
Paid schooling
Cons
Away from home

2.8