C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

I really enjoyed working with most of the people.
Invoicing Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2016
I would enter information into the system so vendors could get paid out. I would assist vendors with C.O.D payments for work that was performed on C.R. England units.
I learned that no matter how big the company is they will let you go and tell someone else to pick up the slack.
Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was that the rules changed everyday. I really did enjoy going to work and being there with my co-workers. I loved my job.
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage
Mother was boss and had flexible hours
Clerical, customer service, and management duties (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2016
My mother was in need of help so she asked me. I would go in and take care of paperwork and perform clerical duties. There was very flexible hours and worked well with my busy high school schedule. I learned how to keep things organized and how to do things timely. I loved the co-workers and worked well with everyone. My job was not what I loved which often made it hard and tough. The most enjoyable part was that I was around my mother and the flexibility of hours.
An educational first stepper to the Wild life of trucking
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
A typical day Starts with unlimited sky and road. Only one thing to focus "Drive Drive Drive". IT was a good sight seeing of the Highway life in US. The Management was poor as relative to many company that I've worked befor. Most of my co-workers were nice and hard working people. Many of them were having a hard time to deal with the stress load. Most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing and understanding the planning and Designing of Good Country of USA.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
They are trying to make it better
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2016
It’s not a perfect company! But what company is? The reality is upper management is well aware of all the issues facing the company including employee satisfaction. They spend a great deal of time trying to identify and fix the issues. A lot of other companies simply don’t care. Their hearts are in the right place, however it’s a larger company and not everyone has the same mindset. As a result change is slow in coming. However, I appreciate their continued efforts to make things right for their employees.
Worst place to work for....bar none!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
No integrity what so ever. Corporate environment is completely messed up. No one knows what anyone is doing and the communication is not just lacking.....it's non-existent!

I had a recruiter tell me that England really stands for "Everybody leaves in 90 days". If you want a short term place, with no communication and no one that does what they say they will do....England is your place. Two major thumbs down!!!
Pros
Cons
No integrity, No training, no communication
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home
Great job until they cut my pay by 60% after 5 years of working for them
Senior Corporate Recruiter and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
Not a fan of this company. Lots of empty promises and fluctuation of pay. The upper management only cares about filling their pockets with silver lining. I watched about 30 people go through the horrible lay offs and the bad company policies. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Taught me about mass recruiting
Cons
standard call center environment, horrible upper management
Great Training
Commercial Driver in Training (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 2, 2016
I love driving , very peaceful for the most part. There are natural stresses; rush hour, weather, night driving, weird people on the road.Each individual helps each other out. Can be tough in winter conditions.
Pros
Set hours within delivery time frames, freedom for the most part.
Cons
low initial pay, weather delays mean loss of pay (cant drive = pay delay from waiting)
Only started with them so I could get my CDL
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 31, 2016
The whole company is awful. You're put in trucks that barely work, loads that keep you from making decent miles, and you're lucky if you make more than 400 dollars a week. The trainers don't have any clue what they're doing, and half of them will try to force a female trainee to sleep with them, and driver managers will treat you as a lesser driver and not give you hardly any loads. Overall, I would rather work at McDonald's than work for them again.
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8