C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
Worst place to work for....bar none!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
No integrity what so ever. Corporate environment is completely messed up. No one knows what anyone is doing and the communication is not just lacking.....it's non-existent!

I had a recruiter tell me that England really stands for "Everybody leaves in 90 days". If you want a short term place, with no communication and no one that does what they say they will do....England is your place. Two major thumbs down!!!
Pros
Cons
No integrity, No training, no communication
They are trying to make it better
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2016
It’s not a perfect company! But what company is? The reality is upper management is well aware of all the issues facing the company including employee satisfaction. They spend a great deal of time trying to identify and fix the issues. A lot of other companies simply don’t care. Their hearts are in the right place, however it’s a larger company and not everyone has the same mindset. As a result change is slow in coming. However, I appreciate their continued efforts to make things right for their employees.
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.
Great job until they cut my pay by 60% after 5 years of working for them
Senior Corporate Recruiter and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
Not a fan of this company. Lots of empty promises and fluctuation of pay. The upper management only cares about filling their pockets with silver lining. I watched about 30 people go through the horrible lay offs and the bad company policies. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Taught me about mass recruiting
Cons
standard call center environment, horrible upper management
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Only started with them so I could get my CDL
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 31, 2016
The whole company is awful. You're put in trucks that barely work, loads that keep you from making decent miles, and you're lucky if you make more than 400 dollars a week. The trainers don't have any clue what they're doing, and half of them will try to force a female trainee to sleep with them, and driver managers will treat you as a lesser driver and not give you hardly any loads. Overall, I would rather work at McDonald's than work for them again.
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home
A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
call center atmosphere
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 23, 2016
Being on the phone non-stop. I learned how to process application. Do the back ground on in coming drivers. Including work history. Made transportation arrangement for out of State applicants. Didn't get the full training from my department manager. Got along with co-workers in all departments. Being on the phone all day. Not always getting able to get verifiable driving experience from some of the applicants. Getting to know new people.
Pros
Having a store and lunch room on location.
Cons
Recruiters taking your applicants from you.
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Great Training
Commercial Driver in Training (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 2, 2016
I love driving , very peaceful for the most part. There are natural stresses; rush hour, weather, night driving, weird people on the road.Each individual helps each other out. Can be tough in winter conditions.
Pros
Set hours within delivery time frames, freedom for the most part.
Cons
low initial pay, weather delays mean loss of pay (cant drive = pay delay from waiting)
Great training for beginners
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2016
They give you the basics and if you are lucky to get a good trainer that cares and you have desire you will get the rest. Fleet managers need to ride in a truck for a month to get the feel for the problems many of their good drivers have to deal with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Good entry level training
Cons
Low pay, bad after hours help, too many mechanical break downs
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses
Good experience and I learned a lot
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2016
I had a good overall experience and learned a lot but the pay they offered was not fulfilled. I spent many hours and even days in-between drop offs and pick ups and my pay check reflected that. Plus the after hours people were of little help.
Pros
Got payed every week
Cons
Pay was very little, like $400.00 a week.

2.8