C.R. England

C.R. England Employee Reviews

Unfortunately the only word that comes to mind is SCAM
Class A over the Road Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2015
Pros: For the bargain price of an adjusted 5, 000, you can get your CDL
Cons: Scam
Company advertises widely to entice people not common to seeing fair pay. After a costly investment, it will take almost a year for candidates to see it.

This company was class-action sued and lost for its shameful misleading strategies, and has one of the highest incident rates in OTL Logistics.

You reap what you sew.
No compassion
Diesel Tech II (Former Employee), LaredoJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Poor management and easy to be let go
I was a dedicated employee and after the tragic loss of my father took some days off for the preparations and services that took longer than the 3 day bereavement and I was let go.
don't care to
Local Refrigerated Intermodal Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2015
Pros: don't care to
Cons: don't care to
over worked, under paid, long hours in all types of weather conditions, equipment that was not safe to drive, forced loads, not having hard copies of BOL for transport of product.
Horrible company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no home time
I worked here for over a year. They have a bunch of unintelligent drivers waiting to drive trucks because they are a cdl farm. They don't care about your pay and your home time. They will keep you out until you quit. If you tell no on a load they have you sit for a week. In my experience. Once you leave they bad mouth you. I left in 2009 and they slandered me 2 months ago in 2015. Stay away.
it is a fun job, but you have no life, work is life as a truck driver
McCarran Walmart Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2015
I love the job, but i do not like the no life aspect of the job, i am off one day a week, and only home for that one day and back to my work truck that night to start working again the next day
really bad stressful place to work in
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no breaks, give you false hope
stressful place to work at. no room for anyone to grow. a lot of favoritism. have to deal on site manager and does not have any clue on how to even use system correctly.
traveling nationwide and seeing many places
CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), SLC UtahJuly 14, 2015
Pros: extensive travel, learned alot
Cons: pay was not very good, but it was a learning step
I enjoyed my experience while working there. I was able to travel throughout the entire country, and see many things.
I would recommend the company for drivers who want to travel.
Review
CDL Truck Operator (Former Employee), UtahJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Co workers easy to get along with
Cons: low pay
You must call your truck manager, otherwise you will not be assigned freight. If your not on the road driving you will not receive any sort of payment. If you are delivering to a facility with high security make sure you have your access codes before hand do not move the truck until you receive that, (from personal experience)
Just drive and make money
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Easy driving job
Cons: You wont like it if you hate driving
C.R. England is an easy job as long as you don't mind driving. The Qualcomm system simplifies a lot of things. Team driving can make things easier too.
Stable workflow, but little hometime
Commercial Vehicle Company Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Stable workflow, safety oriented
Cons: Little home time, not many benefits.
It is a good company to start with, but I did not have many home time. The starting pay is very low, if you have a family you need to have another source of income. They would not allow me to take a service dog with me.
Great start to a class a job
Driver (Current Employee), ColtonJuly 7, 2015
Pros: best training program
Cons: bad traning pay
Its a very different learning experience being away from your family i must say they have the best training program that gets your feet in the truck driving industry but a typical day is pretty much the same everyday besides driving 11hours through different states and trying new food
Professional Driver
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2015
Pros: See a lot
Cons: Away from family
Received lots of training in operation a Commercial Tractor Trailer Truck. Pretty simple job overall. You get the route preplanned from your dispatcher. Just have to keep track of your hours how many your drive and rest.
Time Consuming.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Seeing the country, pay.
Cons: short breaks, little home-time, monotonousness.
The pay and benefits were great, but living in a truck day after day is not for everyone, including me. I prefer a balanced work and home life whereas this job is all work.
Unless your last name was England, you do not get a chance or related to one
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee), salt lake cityJune 29, 2015
Great company to work for as long as you had an open mind. The job itself was very demanding, 8 hours in your chair, only could take 15 minute breaks twice per day with your lunch. Most of us had to eat at the desk because there was no loyalty among anyone.
Good company to work for
company driver (Former Employee), salt lake city, utahJune 27, 2015
Pros: Miles on the road
Cons: Home time
A typical day at work. First we would go pick up the load at the receiver get loaded get the bills and every thing and start heading towards the receiver. I learned everything I need to know to be successful truck driver.
Decennt company, just hard being away from home
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Burns Harbor, INJune 23, 2015
Cr England is a decent company overall. I learned a lot so far from working, still learning a lot too. The management of the company is alright. The hardest part of the job is being away from home from my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in different states and seeing different things.
Able to obtain CDL
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Over the Road, Headquarters in UtahJune 23, 2015
CR England is a good place for a single person. Due to all the hours on the road it does not provide for quality home life. The training is a bit force and not complete. Again, it is a good place to get your CDL, fulfill your commitment and move on. They have a lot of people leave their company even prior to completion of their commitment due to lack of home time.
Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Pharr, TXJune 17, 2015
Starting in a Data Entry position, I worked my way to specialist and then customer service and finally auditor and department trainer. I found it very easy to move up if you simply did you job well and learned all you could. I had to learn about deadlines and fuel taxes, mileage taxes and many more. As in any large company management teams ebb and flow. This tended to be the hardest part of the job as each management team have different styles. The best part of the Job is the company's involvement with the employees.
I enjoyed working at C.R. England mostly for the experience and the opportunity.
CDL Class A OTR Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, INJune 16, 2015
Working at C.R. England was a good opportunity for me to travel a meet new interesting people and being part of a team once again. It helped me to really understand the real life of a trucker on the open road.
Great people
QA ANALYST (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Good coworkers. Most departments try to have fun around holidays. There is a cultural attitude among several departments. You decide if that's good.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more

C.R. England Salaries