C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.
Only started with them so I could get my CDL
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 31, 2016
The whole company is awful. You're put in trucks that barely work, loads that keep you from making decent miles, and you're lucky if you make more than 400 dollars a week. The trainers don't have any clue what they're doing, and half of them will try to force a female trainee to sleep with them, and driver managers will treat you as a lesser driver and not give you hardly any loads. Overall, I would rather work at McDonald's than work for them again.
Great job until they cut my pay by 60% after 5 years of working for them
Senior Corporate Recruiter and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
Not a fan of this company. Lots of empty promises and fluctuation of pay. The upper management only cares about filling their pockets with silver lining. I watched about 30 people go through the horrible lay offs and the bad company policies. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Taught me about mass recruiting
Cons
standard call center environment, horrible upper management
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home
call center atmosphere
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 23, 2016
Being on the phone non-stop. I learned how to process application. Do the back ground on in coming drivers. Including work history. Made transportation arrangement for out of State applicants. Didn't get the full training from my department manager. Got along with co-workers in all departments. Being on the phone all day. Not always getting able to get verifiable driving experience from some of the applicants. Getting to know new people.
Pros
Having a store and lunch room on location.
Cons
Recruiters taking your applicants from you.
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!
Great training for beginners
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2016
They give you the basics and if you are lucky to get a good trainer that cares and you have desire you will get the rest. Fleet managers need to ride in a truck for a month to get the feel for the problems many of their good drivers have to deal with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Good entry level training
Cons
Low pay, bad after hours help, too many mechanical break downs
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
C.R.Enland was a great place to work to me. I just didn't like being away from my family 3 months at a time.
driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work was get route in morning and explain to my student on what to do and how to get to deliveries while trying to sleep during the day and driving at night. I learned a lot about trucking and the U.S. Management was good and had no problems. Co-workers were great and still keep in touch. The hardest part was trying to get sleep while student was driving during the day and making sure he was being safe and getting everything done. The most enjoyable part was seeing the Country.
Pros
Getting paid to travel the Country
Cons
Lack-of-Sleep
Was a over the road job no home time
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Would drive at least 10 hours a day on top of that trained new driver the ins and outs of the company. Was always treated as a number not a person. Getting home time was like pulling teeth. The ]pay for training was pretty good but when you always have to be away from home its was almost not worth it
Pros
None really to speak of
Cons
To many to list
Good experience and I learned a lot
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2016
I had a good overall experience and learned a lot but the pay they offered was not fulfilled. I spent many hours and even days in-between drop offs and pick ups and my pay check reflected that. Plus the after hours people were of little help.
Pros
Got payed every week
Cons
Pay was very little, like $400.00 a week.
not terribly bad
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, PADecember 8, 2015
ENGLAND for the most part is no different than the rest such as swift..JB..Schneider. the only time I had an equipment issue
was flat tires..and even that I can count on one hand. .Nice tractors but it will b your home period. .Even for experienced drivers
The cpm was incredibly low for the industry standard. .Like the rest I mentioned in this review they claim you can see the country.
See this see that..But all your really doing is passing through!!!!!!
Pros
new equipment..
Cons
never ever home.
Good company to start your career or jump back into the saddle...
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
Great equipment, dedicated drivers have a fairly good salary, but would be a great job of we were paid more... Overall I'm going to park it here for a while.
Pros
Good Equipment and you are home almost every weekend.
Cons
Better mileage pay and more miles.
nice training bad career
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2015
trainers are good they teach you a lot of what you need to know to do your job. Most of the things they teach you don't always comply with company policy. Most of company policy makes it harder to do your job..Its best to be owner operator if you want to work with this company. The pay is terrible starting you out at 12 cent a mile and earn your way to 15 cents before you can move on to your career. terrible communication between your driver manager and you on loads. they treat you unprofessional and like children. I wouldn't recommend working here your bills wont get paid here.
Pros
its a good training school
Cons
the pay isn't compatable with other companys. not even minimum wage

2.8