C.R. England

C.R. England Employee Reviews

A never ending avalanche of high expectations and low pay
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee), McCarran, Nv.May 28, 2015
Pros: They have a shower.........
Cons: Everything else.
When you are with this company, you are a truck number and a 70 hour clock. Hometime means very very little to the DM's and Load Planners I work under. I have had 6-8 instances of the load planner specifically dispatching me in the OPPOSITE direction i requested days before. Do not mention any plans you have outside of the job to the planners. They will delight in screwing you over and causing you to miss the plans. Very poorly managed account, Fleet KK Wal-Mart Dedicated in McCarran Nevada.
Didn't like the management
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2015
Pros: getting enough rest
Cons: long route over the road
I had no life working for this company. I was driving almost 30 days and be at home for 4 days. Anyways it was not just made for me. So I decided to find me a local job and I was also planning to go back to school.
good experience
class A CDL driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2015
The company as a whole I guess isn't bad for the beginner truck driver. my commute to and from work is the hardest part. I start my day with a hour and a half drive to work in casa grande Arizona then drive for up to 14 hours then 1.5 hours back home. I enjoy my job like driving tuck to walmart stores throughout the state of Arizona im home every night. I back the truck on average 8 times a day. the hardest part is that I leave my house when my family wakes up and when I get home their already in bed so no established time home with my family.
OTR
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2015
Pros: get to see alot of the country
Cons: Extremly lonley, not alot of money
Drove freight all over U.S. I have seen a lot of the country. CR England does try to take care of there drivers. There is a lot of miles to be given out. The management is very helpful when situations arise.
Excellent work enviorment
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), OTRMay 18, 2015
Drove over 80k miles across the nation delivering goods to various customers. Daily vehicle inspections to comply with DOT regulations. Daily log entries.
Not socialable
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Colton, CAMay 18, 2015
I would have liked to continue working with this company but Day Management had to personality. Co workers pick n choose who they like. Hardest time is trying to get an answer from Management especially when you work the graveyard shift. They are hardly recognized for their hard work and getting the job done. When day shift has a BBq or party night shift is excluded. No leftovers etc. No Breaks and you eat lunch if your lucky at your desk.
Not Driver Friendly
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 29, 2015
You will never get treated like a person with this company. They have gotten so used to high turnovers you are treated like a number not a person. If you want any home time, definitely look somewhere else
Definitely a job for someone single without a family
Company Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, constantly meeting new people, great pay
Cons: No home time
My time as an employee for CR England was a great learning experience. I was able to see most of the country and learned a lot dealing with the public which normally is behind the scene. I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis and being that each and every day I delivered to companies in different states really allowed my confidence to grow.
Good Company with long hours. Low end pay grade.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Long Hours and not High grade pay
CR England is a driving school, if you have a good driving manager than your probably going to be better off rather than having a bad one, kind of hit or miss. They kept me busy with work and the insurance and other benefits were great. The pay was okay compared to other companies it was on the low end. If you don't have anything else to do its probably a perfect job for you, with only one day off a week. I learned a lot working here and got my CDL through them, all in all they are not too bad of a company as long as you have the time to put into it.
Great company to start out with
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2015
Pros: State of the art Terminals. Good equipment
Cons: time away from home. pay. benefits
Great company to help you get your cdl. Pay is not great especially if you want to be a solo lease operator or owner operator. Too many expenses.
They don't care about their workers
Instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2015
Pros: paid per hour
Cons: they are con people. I feel bad for the people they screwed over
I was working for them for a lot of years and gave a month submission to terminate employment. I found out later they pu me as termed and gave me a bad review to future employers. It's almost sad how they do people even when they gave their all for them. Stay away the family cares about no one but themselves and their money they can pocket.
Good
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee), Chesterton, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Home time
Good training company. Great people.Home time was the only problem. They do work with you when you have any problems. I would work for them again if they have a local or regional position open. Pay is as expected for a training company.
underwriter
Underwriter/Clearer (Former Employee), slc,utApril 7, 2015
Approved and denied drivers Applications for employment. Researched criminal/ Traffic information. Contacted courts, Department Of Motor Vehicles, Insurance Agency’s, Verified employment History, Verified Dot. Contacted applicant for feather required information. Verified and scanned in all required documation.
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR
Truck driver (Former Employee), Colton, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: no time home
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR. Daily DVI, Inspections daily. Pick up freight and delivered to customers and drop and hook loads throughout US covered all states. Communication with dispatch thru QUALCOMM. Follow DOT regulations at all times
over the road
Driver- refrigerated units (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2015
• Ability to receive and understand dispatched orders.
• Ability to keep logs up to date and properly maintained.
• People and communication skills.
• Precise loading and docking skills.
No home time
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: best training program
Cons: pay sucks
they say that they'll get you home on a regular basis but that is not true. they pay is not competitive with other companies.
cr england
Service Writer (Current Employee), Salt Lake, UTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: change in schedule all the time
currently employed at cr england i like my job there has been alot of changes good and bad i have acquired new skills with office work and computer skills
no fun
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INMarch 27, 2015
what a dump steer clear. driver, mechanic, whomever whatever stay away. this place is a true scam! they take your time and give nothing for it.
learned the transportation industry
Operations Driver Manager, Local Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 25, 2015
was my 1st job driving, and advanced to driver manager. liked the atmosphere , and everybody worked together. I worked with people that had a lot of seniority and taught me everything I needed to know.
run from these people
driver manager (Former Employee), ochelata okMarch 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all management is horrible
Was a driver manager, they force drivers to run tired, cheat on logs, and treat you horribly, they lie and the management is worse

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more

C.R. England Salaries