C.R. England

C.R. England Employee Reviews

Was a over the road job no home time
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
Would drive at least 10 hours a day on top of that trained new driver the ins and outs of the company. Was always treated as a number not a person. Getting home time was like pulling teeth. The ]pay for training was pretty good but when you always have to be away from home its was almost not worth it
Pros
None really to speak of
Cons
To many to list
Not the best experience.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I only ever met a few co-workers while working here, and they were good people for the most part, but I did have a few bad experiences, and I often felt like I was being treated as a number rather than as a person.
it was a fun and productive place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I love my job I just did not want to be over the road that long. the pay was not the greatest. The people I worked with were great and taught me a lot
Pros
was paid weekly, they offer great benefits.
Cons
over the road too long, didn't pay enough, communication skills were'nt great
Good Luck
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  CA, NVJanuary 20, 2016
I went to England to get started into trucking. Family is full of drivers and I've always be fascinated with big trucks and machinery. Their school literally teaches the bare minimum basically to move the truck, you have to hope you get a good trainer in order to actually learn anything which I lucked out with. Placed on a dedicated Walmart account right out of training but it was a fleet out of another state which meant even though it was dedicated, I rarely saw home and my family. I made good money there and the other drivers were fun to hang out with on my off time but the office staff didn't care about anyone's personal life aside from the night shift which didn't really have any pull. I had to quit to finally get home and transfer to my local dedicated Walmart fleet with them. I made even better money here, home most every night, and had a decent truck. That was until my load planner quit my first month in. The main load planner filling in was a complete moron. Playing favorites was a major problem with him. My weekly pay checks went from averaging $1000 after taxes to averaging $300-$500 and my miles went from 2500 to barely breaking 1000 per week. I was switched into a truck with major brake issues, steering problems, and air leaks. It took them a month to finally fix the brakes, a few weeks to fix the steering, and over 2 months to address the air leaks. Mind you, I kept reporting the issues and put that truck into their shop after each load I did. Because I was constantly complaining about the truck, and rightfully so, my DM and load planner decided to create false  more... stories to place me on safety holds and make everything out to be my fault. It wasn't long till most of the office was against me event though their stories had no proof or solidarity. I have never been more consistently disrespected than with this company. I was a hard working 14 hour using employee, never refused a load, never had a late load, never failed an inspection, and never had a single accident, yet I was treated like a lazy, idiotic child. Some drivers have good luck with them while others have experiences like mine. If you want your license then apply with caution.  less
Pros
Great pay on dedicated account
Cons
Incompetent office staff (DMs, load planners, safety, etc)
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
great place to start your career
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2016
they really want to get you behind the wheel and will help as much as they can to make that a reality. Travel, see the country and find your niche and make some decent money while you learn a new trade.
Friendly place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2016
Company had issues when it came to getting you home as promised. Lease Driver had to train students in order to make a decent income.
Pros
cowrkers friendly
Cons
home time
bad place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2016
will screw you over first chance they get. will keep you over the road months at a time. very little home time. not enough pay
C.R.Enland was a great place to work to me. I just didn't like being away from my family 3 months at a time.
driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work was get route in morning and explain to my student on what to do and how to get to deliveries while trying to sleep during the day and driving at night. I learned a lot about trucking and the U.S. Management was good and had no problems. Co-workers were great and still keep in touch. The hardest part was trying to get sleep while student was driving during the day and making sure he was being safe and getting everything done. The most enjoyable part was seeing the Country.
Pros
Getting paid to travel the Country
Cons
Lack-of-Sleep
Great place to work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 15, 2015
Awesome place to start a new career as a truck driver and a great place to advance it too. You can earn as much money as you decide you need to.
Pros
LOTS OF MONEY
Cons
Little rest

Want to know more about C.R. England?

Ask a question
not terribly bad
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, PADecember 8, 2015
ENGLAND for the most part is no different than the rest such as swift..JB..Schneider. the only time I had an equipment issue
was flat tires..and even that I can count on one hand. .Nice tractors but it will b your home period. .Even for experienced drivers
The cpm was incredibly low for the industry standard. .Like the rest I mentioned in this review they claim you can see the country.
See this see that..But all your really doing is passing through!!!!!!
Pros
new equipment..
Cons
never ever home.
nice training bad career
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2015
trainers are good they teach you a lot of what you need to know to do your job. Most of the things they teach you don't always comply with company policy. Most of company policy makes it harder to do your job..Its best to be owner operator if you want to work with this company. The pay is terrible starting you out at 12 cent a mile and earn your way to 15 cents before you can move on to your career. terrible communication between your driver manager and you on loads. they treat you unprofessional and like children. I wouldn't recommend working here your bills wont get paid here.
Pros
its a good training school
Cons
the pay isn't compatable with other companys. not even minimum wage
productive workplace
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2015
It was a good experience. I loved the way the managers bonded with me. I recommend this company for any upcoming drivers to be
horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
I dont even want to do the review for the company! They treat you as if you don't even exist but to solidly work, and as breaks are mandatory that is the only time you will get to yourself. They never give you days off and they always mess up your paychecks and you will always be missing miles on your checks, you will also notice that getting a raise never happens with them unless you decide to train someone. Oh and did I mention they stick you with students that don't even know how to really do the job yet and expect you to learn from them.
Cons
pay sucks
A fun fast pace job ,a lot of travel
Refrigerated Team Driver/Trainer, Reno NV (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2015
Very fast paced fun job, with very supportive Driver management team,and vehicle maintenance crew . Very rewarding experience, a lot of traveling, interacting with various people.
Not an ideal company to work for if you need a shower or home time
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2015
I contacted a recruiter from England to try my hand at truck driving after Campo Creek Ranch was going under financially and I was going to be laid off. They assured me that after a couple weeks of classroom training, I would go home and they would assign me a truck and schedule. I was also told I would be making almost $4,000.00 a month.
The second week of school the instructor told us that we were actually under contract to now be sent directly to the truck and be on the road for 3 months at the least, we were not going to have home time before that 3 month period. All of my classmates and myself only had packed enough clothes for the couple weeks of school. We had no idea about the 3 month commitment.
It was 4 months before I was given home time. I went 5 days without being allowed a long enough stop for a shower.
It felt like I was lied to and treated inhumanely so I gave up on the job altogether.
Pros
Seeing the entire country and driving a big rig
Cons
Lack of pay and not being allowed to take a shower at least every couple days
productive
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 12, 2015
A typical day was to sit in class for eight hours a day for six to eight weeks, learning the operations and safety rules of a semi truck. Management and students were fair. The hardest part of the training was being away from my children. Learning new areas was the most enjoyable part of the training.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Being away from my children.
aaway
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2015
a good place to work not bad. management is fair 3 break on a 10 hour work day can get overtime pay paid weekly. the pay could be better
OK Company, Not the Best
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 31, 2015
Good company to start your driving career. Don't expect much respect from some instructors. Equipment is good, nice trucks and terminals. Some DMs are fresh out of college and don't understand drivers needs. Overall, ok company.
Pros
Nice equipment, decent training
Cons
No money if you get a bad DM
School was great Company sucks
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2015
They pay the lowest cpm in the industry,Management does not know how to communicate without talk down to the employees.Have to drive to many miles.
Pros
Cons
too many to list

2.8