C.R. England

C.R. England Employer Reviews

They Tend to be a bit unrealistic when scheduling Ded. Route times.
Company Driver (Former Employee), Out of Cheyenne, WY.July 22, 2014
Pros: i was employed
Cons: too many to list... really..
a typical day at work...
Well while you are working.. you wake up to the sound of the Qualcom chirping at you with route assignments for the day. You then make your way back to the yard to pickup the assigned trailer, then you make your deliveries .. usually 3 or 4 Deliveries per trailer.
what I learned....
How to Drive a Truck.. in downtown traffic..and – more... how to get grey hair in 3 month's.
management...
Well lets just say they are Quite UNREALISTIC and INCREDIBLY Demanding most of the time, and it appeared to me they had real difficulty with the "Time & Space Reality" Thing..
My co-workers....
Mostly Good Folks.. Hard working.
The hardest part of the job....
Driving in the Large Cities and Putting up with the politics from management. The Pay .. Bad Eats..
The most enjoyable part of the job...
Doing something Completely New.. Seeing New Places Etc. My Co-Workers. – less
Good Company
Lease Operator (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great driver manager
I miss this job, this was my first OTR job I had and I kick myself in the butt for leaving this company. I had a great driver manager that kept me rolling and got me home when I needed. I had to make a change in jobs to be home more due to personal issue at home and I know I did not leave on the best terms because I was hit by another driver in a truck – more... stop that destroyed my truck and after I was towed to the repair lot I got another job with another company and did not go back. The accident was not my fault but it was gonna take a while to get me back driving and thats why I left, it was the biggest mistake in a job I ever made and I regret it. – less
great starter company
C.R. England (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: not enough pay, tough hrs for families
Great Job to get your license from great training, but not when it comes to compensation. Get your train gin and find better pay.
Beautiful main office facilities
New Recruit - No job offer (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: extensive, detailed orientation
Cons: only interested in leasing trucks or team trucks
I was intentionally misinformed by the recruiter what the requirements were to be a solo driver. They did not offer me a job because I would not lease a truck from them and would have been required to be in a team truck
Not a good first choice.
Over The Road Engineer (Former Employee), Palmyra, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: warm beds to sleep in, great price for the chiropractor, great dental plan
Cons: prescription plan is terrible, hours are terrible. good luck making it home for your kids birthday.
A typical day depends on whether your a Dedicated Route Driver or a Long Haul Driver.
Dedicated Route Driver:
Wake Up
Get Dressed and go Kiss your loved ones goodbye.(There usually isn't any time for breakfast or being social with them.)
Drive to work, stop along the way for coffee and some sort of breakfast.
Get to work 30 minutes early so you can – more... login to your driver account and give your truck pre-trip inspection. Call or text your DM and get ready for your load assignment for the day.
When you pick up your trailer or drop it off, inspect it thoroughly for damages and anything that needs replacement.
From there its a safe race. Get as many loads done in a day as safely, quickly and efficiently for the next 14 hours.
Your DM will run out your hours and push you to go for one more load.
The difference between this and over the road or long haul is that instead of waking up in your own bed and your own home, you wake up anywhere in the country in your truck.

I wouldn't pick this school first. Two weeks is not enough time to learn everything you need to know. And for paying as much as you do, you should eat least get three squares a day with the room they provide. But you'll make it out by the skin of your teeth if your lucky. – less
Great place to train.
Driver (Former Employee), Colton, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good equipment, it is a life style and a career.
Cons: tough job being away and on the road. it is a life style and a career.
Seem to focus on trainee's to run the fleet. The company seems to focus on new cheap labor rather then retaining drivers. Home time is not a priority and all policies benefit the company not the employee, typical of cooperate america.
productivity
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INJuly 9, 2014
I really enjoy hard work and labor. I really enjoy hard work and labor.
Really good workplace with good manigement.
Driver/Delevery (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 9, 2014
Pros: fuel card, and pay card.
Cons: not enough miles.
A typical workday at C.R. England was great.
Great Driving instruction, and teaching.
Really good management.
Awesome co-workers.
The hardest part of the job, was when I had to wait for work. when there was not a rout available.
the most enjoyable part of work, was the driving.
Positive, personal managers, they take good care of their drivers.
Driver/Instructor (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay, new equipment, positive and pleasant managers
Cons: home time insufficient for family life.
Work consists of supervising loading/unloading, sealing load, and sending appropriate messages to driver manager keeping them updated at all times on status of load and truck.

The management is very positive and helpful, orientated toward company profitability but also toward maintaining good relationships with their drivers. Every division has shown – more... courtesy and positive attitude.

The most difficult aspect of the job is that it is over the road. The nature of over the road is very limited home time, I am married and well connected in my community so this is difficult. Since I am in instructor, I drive nights, and frequently am awake during the day, and when an apprentice is in need of assistance. Sleep is coveted, but I still practice safety above all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of a job well done, I have received many messages of thanks from my driver managers, and positive reviews from the clients. – less
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cheyanne wyJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work was to get up out of the sleeper and pick up my load assignments from dispatch and find corresponding trailer on the Wal-Mart DC parking lot and deliver the product to the stores.
Decent work place with great people.
N/A (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2014
CR England has great co-workers and fosters a team atmosphere. The lower level management is engaged and works hard to succeed. The ownership is highly motivated to create a successful company. They try hard to create an environment where employees feel valued. Because its family owned it can feel slightly micro-managed on occasion.
Okay place for new truck drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INJune 30, 2014
Just coming out of trucking school, think they could so a better job explaining how life on the road as a trucker really is, and cater a little more to the students once they are out with their trainers
Very convient with trip pak to scan trips to get paid. Driver lounge have showers and television for drivers.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2014
Productive and fun experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, IndianaJune 23, 2014
The training was good and I can't complain but you can end up spending more money than need be to live while training. You must be prepared to stay longer than they tell you that you'll be there but I can say it really depends on you, the person.
Fun work place. You definetly wants to be on the ECS Side of the business
Tire Assistant (Current Employee), Salt lake city utJune 21, 2014
Pros: bagels, lunch, bbq, dress down days, ect
Cons: micro management.
I really enjoy working for CR England: It is a fun atmoshphere and the people there are great. Kind of micro manage your phone calls and are always wanting more from everyone which is understandable at a tolerable pace.
So-So company
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2014
Pros: good place to start
Cons: compensation
A good place to get your start in the transportation industry, I just wouldn't stay. The training program is above acceptable and they help get you thru the testing for a commercial drivers license quickly and efficiently.
lowsy place to work
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2014
All they want is for you to lease, they dont care if you make money.
driving
driver (Former Employee), west jordan utJune 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long peroids away from family
pick up loads and unload them at stores in and around ut driving over the road
not a good company jams lease down your throat
Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJune 17, 2014
don't want to say anything cause I don't like to say bad about previous companies
OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2014
Pros: no boss over shoulder.
Cons: pay after tractor paid. for month.
Started with the company leasing a new tractor. Did not discover just how much you are responsible for. Majority of pay went to tractor and fuel.

1 2 3 4 5