C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,118 reviews matching the search
More hometime
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2017
Not really liking the fact of the higher ups not knowing what is going on out on the road. If we need an empty we have to wait multiple days. The pay isnt very good and its very hard to get hometime when you request it.
Great starter company highly recommended
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  NationalJanuary 15, 2017
Great experience. Great people. Would recommend to anyone who wants to get their foot in the door for a great career path. Lots of opportunity to advance your skills and gain experience.
Pros
Nice people, great dm, good weekly mileage, advancement opportunities
Cons
Low pay
I found communication was unsatisfactory
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Communication within the company was lacking and not helpful from about 90 percent of the employees. I learned that I work well with others and enjoy working without being micro managed. For about 3 years I trained new drivers how to drive truck. The most difficult part of the job was receiving permission to fix something on my truck to allow me to get back on the road.
Pros
Wage, road time, teaching new drivers.
Cons
time away from family, no time for school or extracurricular activities
Fast, easy program. Fun people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2017
Met a lot of good trainers, and students. Everyone has been extremely helpful with all aspects of the training. I highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to do this job.
Pros
Good education on everything you're needing to know.
Cons
Everything is expensive.
Fast paced, knowledgeable training staff, great place to get your CDL
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 13, 2017
Amazing facility. Very fast paced learning but the instructors work with you to help you learn and understand. You will have to put in your own hard work and study and practice but they provide all the tools for success. Help you to get your CDL and provide you a job right after. Very thorough with paperwork which equals to everything you do being in compliance and started off on the right track. Great environment and staff that make you feel like family. Highly recommend coming here and working! I'll be recommending aby one interested in getting your CDL to come train and work for CR England!
Pros
Great training, great facilities, all the tools for success
Cons
Away from home
Fast pace an a good company to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2017
Good training an nice instructor an good staff it's fast pace but easy to learn test is easy to pass a good company to work for
Cons
Good place to learn about driving a truck
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 13, 2017
When I got here staff was helpful to getting me in my room and showing me around. Unstructers were really good. I would tell my friends
Fast place higher trucking training
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 12, 2017
Paid cdl training
On hand materials
Great instructors
Wonderful training coordinators
Pros
GREAT SUPPORT
Cons
GREAT SUPPORT
Fast course great instructors
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2017
Showed up on a Tuesday and tested the following Monday. The instructors here are great you learn a lot in short amount of time.
Pros
Very fast program
Cons
Dorm style living, 8 students to a room
Good school
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2017
I had 6 days of training and had no problem passing my cdl test. Excited to get on the road and start making money. Everything seems to be as advertised. The support staff seems knowledgeable and pleasant.
Student
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2017
I am a student and I recommend this place to anybody that is interested in truck driving school. Iv learned to shift all about pre trip and turning.
Pros
Gas card free lunch
Cons
Cold weather
Not as it appears
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2017
Dorm style rooms are terrible. No food is provided. Structure of classes has proven successful in the past, so they stick with it. But nothing that the recruiter offered/promised/assured is really the case in real life. And the school administration doesn't care. I didn't take the course as a last ditch effort to get a job, I wanted my CDL. But students are often treated like cattle and aren't specifically chosen by recruiters. Dredges of society, desperate employees who aren't really interested in having this be a career, or don't plan on staying past their required time shouldn't continue. Certainly not given keys to an 80K # killing machine. Putting disgruntled drivers in dorm rooms with new recruits is detrimental to morale and retention.
Pros
Quick complete course
Cons
Professionalism of overall organization
Fast way of learning
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2017
Great training and staff. I like the on hands experience. Can't wait to get on the big open hiway. Love the fact that it's a short course and additional training.
Pros
Good training and trainers
Cons
Home time
If you want to work, clean drug test, clean dmv are willing and able to learn they will not turn you away.
Trainee CDL team OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2017
I trained with CR England in 2011. I paid for the training upfront, saved a lot of money and did not have a contract obligation after training was over. (recommend checking it out)

The driver training time at the Salt Lake City main office was a great experience. The trainers in the classroom were very knowledgeable from years of driving experience. The course work was very good. Recommend that you keep all your school materials, take lots of notes and do some homework so you know and understand the material. Then take the time during a 34 hour rest period to review. Don't stop learning!

There were people from all walks of life, and ages. People that had owned businesses, and others it may have been their first job. Men and Women.
Pros
Will give any one an opportunity to work. if you have a clean dmv and drug test
Cons
we will get you home with 2 weeks notice was lip service in 2011.
All jods are going to mexico
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
They are slowly letting go of all the us employees and hiring people from mexico. They stopped all pay raises and will only give you 1/4 of your bonus
Amazing
Driver (Current Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 10, 2017
They are super friendly and very helpful. Definitely recommend to all for training and driving. The training time is very exceptionally for the time frame.
Productive and fast paced
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Had a great time in the school and very much enjoyed the trainers and testers here. Learned a lot and made good friends that I will not forget so thank you very much to the C.R. England school staff and testers
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Pay for your own meals
Great way to get your CDL and get started in a trucking carrer
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
The instructors here are amazing... they tought me everything i needed to know to get my CDL. As long as you work hard, listen to there instructors, and study you can pass.
Pros
Free shuttle
Cons
Rooms
The school was a great experince
New hired (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJanuary 9, 2017
I learned alot ,The room were great ,good sleeping quarters,the training was good 4 me,I need more time 4 training,but I'm happy I passed,but over all I learned alot.
Pros
I meet alot of good friends
Cons
Standing in the cold
Very informative
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2017
I learned a lot from the staff here in Salt Lake City they were kind and very helpful. If your having trouble in a certain area they will take the time to walk you through it.
Pros
A lot of help
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6