C.R. England

C.R. England Employer Reviews

learned the transportation industry
Operations Driver Manager, Local Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 25, 2015
was my 1st job driving, and advanced to driver manager. liked the atmosphere , and everybody worked together. I worked with people that had a lot of seniority and taught me everything I needed to know.
run from these people
driver manager (Former Employee), ochelata okMarch 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all management is horrible
Was a driver manager, they force drivers to run tired, cheat on logs, and treat you horribly, they lie and the management is worse
Good Company
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake UtahMarch 20, 2015
Great company to work especially if you like training people. Good organization, good benefits, pay wasn't as good as I wanted but it was experience.
Challenging Workplace C.R. England/Swift Transportation
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: challenging, fun, busy
Cons: time away from home
A typical day at work is in a semi tractor trailer on the road. My Skills i acquired are Proper operation of a 73 foot semi tractor trailer in rural, urban, and open road environments, proper operation of on board computer for load details,safe driving habits,DOT compliance laws,Mapping and load trip planning from state to state. Management was very punctual on returning questions for loads,weather forecasts, and weekly training, as well as friendly and respectful.
co-workers were helpful well prepared. The hardest part of this job is being away from you family for months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on the open road, site seeing, busy every day of the week and the benefits.
C.R.England is a trap.
Independent Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
So, you want to be an independent driver huh? Well, this is not the place to go, unless you think being a slave in the 21st century is something that appeals to you. You most likely won't drive enough miles to break even on your expenses due to your high truck payment and all the live unloads that you will experience at C.R.England. Try not to starve and get ticketed for overweight loads as you will have no money to pay for your bare necessities. Be amazed when your dispatcher asks you to deadhead hundreds of miles for a load all on your dime! Drivers, if you value your experience as a professional, you should not work here. You would make a better paycheck picking up cans for recycle.
ENJOYED THE SCHOOL ANN ON ROAD DRIVING VERY MUCH
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: driving, seeing the country
Cons: long hours, down time, little home time
PICK UP LOAD AND DRIVE CROSS COUNTRYTO DELIVER LOAD ON TIME.I LEARNED TO SAFELY INSPECT,MAINTAIN, AND OPERATE MY RIGG .,IN A CURTIOUS AND TIMELY MATER. MY DISPATCHER WAS FAIR. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS DRIVING IN ADVERS WEATHER. I ENJOYED DRIVING, MEETING NEW PEOPLE AND SEEING AMERICA,I HAD THE BEST OFFICE WINDOW VIEW IN THE COUNTY.
heavy truck driver
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: you get to see the country
Cons: no home time, sleeping, eating and driving day in day out
driving, how not to go down a hill. you are management, few and far in between. not going home for months at a time. the sights
scamers
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2015
Cons: the whole company
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just another huge trucking scam company ! I starved out there. never got home, drove way over the books. and they stole money with false charges. They lost law suit and still have not payed. DON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY IT'S ALL LIES!!!!!!!
an alright job for a single person with no kids not highly recommended for a family person constant time away but with great benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 3, 2015
not family oriented constant time away from home always on the road either with students or alone hauling cross country pulling refrigerated loads mostly in the northern us i live in south made it extremely hard to get home time in two years i might have gotten 3 days home time at home
if u are a family person this is not for you
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: to long on the road
i love driveing truck but hate the toll and away from family a long time when i was a leese person. if you drive as a company driver you have to ddo what they tell you.
Not a very good company for a woman to work for they have men training women otr u sleep in the truck with a man.
truck driver trainee (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 18, 2015
They ruined my CSA score they put that I have an unsatisfactory safety record when I was in training I had 1 incident in my truck in a parking lot of walmart, I was told that trainees weren't aloud to be driving in there parking lot after I hit a little poll which I did no damage to there property. This company made us do most of the driving my trainer at the time was sitting in the front seat when it happened, he was on the phone with his friend at the moment and he wasn;t paying attention and should of. What they put on my record was damaging to me so no other trucking company would hire me cause it looked like I had multiple incidents and accidents which I havn't I only have driven for three weeks with a trainer. They even made you drive when you were tired.
Good Training
First Seat Driver/ Second Seat Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: seen alot of the us driving in all 48 states provided good experience
Cons: lies lies and more lies got fed up
Good training was provided. My overall work experience, compensation, and management relations left a lot to be desired
Outstanding work environment that is growing in there industry.
Lead Diesel Mechanic / Inspector (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits and great work enviroments
Cons: far from home, production based pay
I enjoy having a good and safe work environment. I have practiced and learned that safety is a very important. I have learned great trade skills on semi tractors, trailers and management opportunities.
The most enjoyable part about this job
trunk driver (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: 10 hour breaks, driven for 11 hours
The most enjoyable things about this job was being able to see the beautiful views of each state i drove though. The great truck stop were cool places to be.
Needs to Improve
Company Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good earning potential if you want to be a trainer/mentor, good miles, and good hospitality (hotels) except dallas inn.
Cons: company is too big. contracts for england graduates.
Needs: better Phase 1 & 2 upgrade system, better recruiting (Recruit candidates who only live within 50 miles from terminals), better pay scale for students and company drivers (Solo), better earning potential (Include doubles/triples/tanker/hazmat loads), better after hours/weekend service for drivers.
Great Travel
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: away from home
Deliver of products without damage state to state. Fun traveling meeting new and interesting people. Learn to read maps and follow instructions.
Pleasant
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2015
Was an enjoyable experience, got to travel across the country and earn a decent living while doing it. I just wanted something more stable
see the world
Premier Truck Driving School Phase 2 Instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: p.t.
meet lots of interesting people
kill the ones you are told to
hardest part of the job was having new soldiers gain the rank of e4-e5 and then forgetting the soldiers they were friends with
Good traveling experience
Company Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, INJanuary 23, 2015
Long day's, a lot of travel, good pay, great benefits. Missed being home, and didn't like driving for so long.
Very good organization
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Their training was good. I learned a lot about the trucking business. A typical day was 10 to 11 hrs on the road, with time for a few breaks of course.Being by yourself most of the time, you don't get much time to chat with your fellow co-workers. You also have almost no time to get a life.

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more

C.R. England Salaries