C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,005 reviews matching the search
I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
First phase of training.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2016
DMs dont call. They arent worried about you like you are told at school. Was informed that they are to be helping you and get more info thats beneficial for you and the company. Fast paced course. Which is good. Starting pay absolutely sucks. Especially for driving and 80000 missle down the road. Starting pay still needs to be a bit more. Glad my trainer is giving me as much time behind the wheel that he is. He does understand !
Pros
Career, Benefits, See the country, For the most part you are your own boss
Cons
Not enough home time. Other companies offer better. Even for the begining guys and gals.
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
Fast paced and motivated staff
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2016
Each day was a new challenge, with constant pressure from management to beat new and increasingly challenging goals we were forced to run a tight ship and meet any deadlines at the expense of our entire team. I liked working in such a cohesive unit but the weak links seemed to make things especially difficult and strenuous during low financial periods. Every one had pressure and drive to impress, but the emotional stress was evident. it wasn't necessarily the place to make friends, the bonus structure within the operations environment seemed to pit departments against one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming in every morning to a clean list of on-time loads, tracking production and making home time promises to my drivers, I really enjoyed the momentum of starting out on top each day.
Pros
Ability to move up, work with anyone, nice facilities and updated equipment, benefits (401K, health, dental etc)
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
As a school, it's a good company. is a place to get experience, it is also a good company.
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  4701 West 2100 5 Salt Lake City Utah 84021October 27, 2016
Pre-trip tractor and trailer, Also do a pre-trip for your route.Drive about seven and a half hours. Take a 30-minute break. Drive 2 more hours. Use your 11th Hour, Which is your last hour, To look for a place to safely shut down. Do post-trip on truck and trailer. Complete paperwork, Incomplete your electronic logs and approval them. Take about 30 minutes to clean your work area. Eat and prepare for sleep. And the mist of the 11 hour work day.I am dealing with the general public, Rush hour traffic, Small back routes, All types Weather and road conditions. All while maintaining safety and time management.
Pros
able to pretty much Be Your Own Boss day today
Cons
too much alone time. almost like solitary confinement
Great training , new equipment, fast paced.
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  West Valley City UTNovember 14, 2016
The instructors are all top notch with industry experience, fast paced and patient. Great opportunity for people who ate self motivated and listen to instruction.
Pros
Lots of advancement opportunity, will take no experience drivers, competitive pay
The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to get started!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2016
I have no complaints other than that the Texas school was not up to par on their training...I just wish I would have come here to Salt Lake to begin with. It is a great facility with awesome instructors who teach at a high level to get you on a truck with a trainer in as little as 2 weeks. The curriculum and training is there you just have to apply yourself and take action. Although they don't feed you, you're getting a FREE education, a place to stay while training, and a guaranteed job/career once completed. Just bring enough money (about a months worth) for your food and license testing and your good. They teach at a fast pace but are there if you need additional training. Above all, be prepared for life on the road because that's exactly what this is. Good luck and have fun!
Pros
Free education and a rewarding career
Cons
Having to switch schools because of lack of training at previous school
C.R. England
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
To start off the recruiters lied to me. Told me I'd be making more money then the job I was at. Since I've been here you don't get paid a decent amount until about 6 months in the job. Also During training you have to pay and wait for everything. A lot of stuff you don't know until you get here. Its a good way to get started with your CDL. Basically a starter company if you don't have a family nor bills. But other then the job, the school itself is pretty good. The instructors and management are pretty cool and I met a lot of nice people here. But I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone to work.
Pros
Get cdl quick
Cons
You pay for everything, no home time, and doest pay good
SLC schooling
Trainee/ employee (Current Employee) –  Salt LakeNovember 6, 2016
I'm a new hire just entering my phase 1 training. Was sent to the Salt Lake City facility and must say I've received very good training. It is fast paced so you MUST apply yourself 100% to succeed here. The trainers and staff are very helpful to you if you APPLY YOURSELF. No home time until your phase 1 is complete, ( about a month after you get hired), which I understand as the school is, again, fast paced so it is necessary to have the extra drive time and training in the real world. Overall I'm very pleased with my choice to come to C.R. England to start my new career.
Pros
Fast paced, if you APPLY yourself, you will get your CDL class A and training.
Cons
Food is expensive, classes are generally long and is 7 days a week
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Beautiful terminal in Salt Lake City
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
I've made mistakes in my life before, but this is probably one of the biggest mistakes of my career. I was treated like a number. For a solo driver, it was frustrating to get a load out of Laredo, because everything went to teams and instructors first. I had a lot of down time. And the pay barely covered my truck expenses. I always had money issues.and I literally lived in the truck because I couldn't afford to go home. And when I did go home,I would receive calls even before my hometime was over. I could go on and on. This company was definitely not for me.
Pros
Beautiful terminal
Cons
Low pay, too much deadtime, not enough miles
Good company to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 16, 2016
Travis Griffin this is a great school . And a great opportunity for a career. They really work hard for you to get your CDL. They are very polite and friendly ,also helpful. I'm happy I came here to start my career. Thank you c.r.england.
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
None i like everything
Work is fun but poor Managment!!
Trucker Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Clark, NVSeptember 28, 2016
It's a good place to get experience the driver manages give you a lot I miss leading information to you.. as far as work goes is fine depending which fleet you're on the people that I work with are really nice the driver managers are very poor in managing their drivers how they run us..how they give us miles The DM's are very inconsiderate about all the drivers safeties they just want to get their load delivered on time...and then when you say something they punish you by not giving your miles...or they sit you around with no work...and when you complain to upper management they really don't care...
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very little Home time
CR England
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
This is not a company you want to work for. They have a very high turn over rate for a company like this. It is a high stress environment when it doesn't need to be. the management is more concerned about numbers than the well being of its people. Many of the good employees a leaving the company due to its not favorable work environment. A large portion of a employees income is paid out in a bonus system that is based on other peoples actions not your own. you can have a good month personally and still have a poor bonus due to the action of others.
Pros
in house resturant and bank.
Cons
very expensive healthcare plan, very hostile work environment. high stress with little rewards.
Starting point, needs work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
The company is a great place to work. Instructors are great and very knowledgeable. It is very fast paced, but very educational. You can finish the course in just over a week. During the backing range the north side needs some shade as you will burn easily. For the tuition price you would expect them to provide free meals, they do not. The only other bad thing around us that there is some favoritism for certain instructors even if they did wrong. Management doesn't want to work with you to place you with other instructors.
Pros
Fast paced, very knowledgeable, quick way to get A cdl
Cons
Favoritism for instructors, no free meals
well organized company with more than enouth helpful individuals
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 5, 2016
C.R. England as a whole is a very prosperous company. Im not too concerned about job security due to the long history for which the company has been in operation. The people are very kind and welcoming. The instructors are extremely helpful and will give extra attention and training to those who need it. The staff is also great at attending to any of your needs. If they cant help you, then they'll always point you to someone who can.
Pros
rooms
Cons
roommates
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Utah Test and Training Range, UTNovember 30, 2016
It was a very large facility great equipment dorm rooms were a little small and overcrowdedCould use a better cooking kitchen for the students for the long hours that they're in class and for better focus
Pros
Trucks very clean love that they have to get washed, Instructors very thorough in getting students through the training
Cons
Need to work a little more on patience and staying focused profesionalism and patience
What it takes to work at Cr.England
Trailer/Truck Inspector (Former Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 14, 2016
Do what they pay you to do like clocking in on time every day and follow the bosses rules. If you are new you must pick things up quickly. The job is strict because if you mess up it makes the boss look bad and he will come after you. The position you were hired for is what your going to do there is no moving up, unless you have worked there for 7 years then maybe.
Pros
job security
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5