C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,327 reviews matching the search
Good Company and family owned
Yard Hostler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 24, 2017
Have been with CR England almost 3 years and have no complaints.
Like anything in life, you get out what you put in.

I work an 8 hour shift but most drivers do 12-14
Pros
Family owned so your issues can be address by owners/top management
Cons
Wages could be a better
Productive work place
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMay 24, 2017
I liked working for this company due to the drivers which gave me pleasure helping them in there day to day activites. Felt unappreciated by upper Management.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Coworkers, Drivers
Cons
Healthcare, Upper Management, Under Staffed
Very stressful job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2017
Job was always being threatened and management told us often we had to stay until our job was done no matter how long it took. Many employees were very cutthroat and out to make you look bad. Some employees however, were helpful and caring. Bonus and workload were based on who was the most popular. The hardest part of the job was the constant worry of loosing my job (lay offs sometimes 2-3 times a year). The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I had with a few of my coworkers.
Pros
Good pay and healthcare etc.
Cons
poor PTO (had to wait 15 years to get 3rd week)
company is the third largest in the Nation and they know it
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
treated drivers like a number. Wanted drivers to brake the law and had stupid rules like. one of the dumbest rules was, if I sat more than an hour without a load I had to send a message "still need a load" every hour instead of sleeping.
I learned from this company that the trucking industry is all about the freight and not safety or driver.
The hardest part of this company was learning that the trucking industry was a 24/7 job without any set hours. Its not your normal 6-6 job. Getting use to the odd hours on any given day took some getting use to.
The best part of the job was the paid to travel and learning something new
Pros
learning a new career
Cons
the hours and traffic
good place to start
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
c.r. england is not a bad company. it good place to start out your driving career. they have schools for new drivers and other things to help you out.
Pros
driving school and lease program
Cons
horrible driver mentors
Trucking company
Recruiter-Background Investigator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2017
The owners of the company were great and pleasant to work for. However management was not. They pick and chose their favorites. The work was great and I learned alot about the trucking industry.
Pros
Great owners.
Cons
Not so great management.
VERY VERY bad employer
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2017
Lots of sitting at customers with little to no compensation, Very bad home time schedule. In the few months that i worked for this company i was rarely home, and made less than minimum wage the whole time. Could have made more on unemployment.
Very poor management
Dedicated Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Tar Heel, NCMay 19, 2017
Decent trucks and at times pay was good. Loads are inconsistent, managers have favorites, and when it came to them taking care of drivers it was not a priority. Would never recommend this place to work. Pay became very inconsistent and management will treat you as a slave and want you to work for free basically and never accept responsibility for their actions.
Pros
Experience, home daily
Cons
Pay is inconsistent, management is the worse
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2017
The schooling was very interesting, fast paced and fun. The rooms were shared with seven other people which you have to adapt to because some like the room hot and some like it cold.
The management and instructors were very knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help you if you are needing more time.
The hardest part of the job is being away from family and friends for a long period of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job that I will look forward to is the traveling around the country seeing new places.
I learned how to back a truck, basic maneuvers, turns, highway and mountain driving, the distance to stop at a stop sign and stop light, when to turn and safety stops.
Pros
Fun
Cons
If you run out of money they don't help you except with one voucher.
It's a starter company
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2017
The pay per mile is low. They are a good company to start with if you do not have any driving experience, but once you get 6 months of experience then move on. Regardless of your skill level, you will be looked at by other drivers as being incompetent .
Pros
good trucks
Cons
low pay
ok for people getting cdl
Driver (Current Employee) –  salt lake city, utahMay 12, 2017
Helped me with my cdl. Having trouble get a hold of my driver manager get to see all of the united states of America good trucks pay is ok if you get the miles
Fast Past School
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2017
my opinion C.R. England is a great school. It requires patience and it will pay off in the end. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the instructors are great with hands on training. I would recommend others to come here and get a learning experience. Thanks you guys for everything.
Had the Best Trainers Ever.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2017
I appreciate the opportunity to get my Drivers-License.Also Appreciiate the opportunity to learn how to drive and operate a motor vehicle.Enjoyed the time over the road with Very Good People.Management was the reason for my leaving the company.Over all it was a Great learning Experience.
Truck Driving
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2017
Driving an 18 wheeler is an exciting and challenging career path that is not for the faint at heart. Rewards and pay are amazing when worked for.

Would not recommend team driving.
Great place
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2017
It a great place to start your career if your ready to put work in to being succful great management and loads are set on a timly manner new drivers have plenty of resources to help being succful
Pros
Freindly people
Cons
Walk away do not go here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 10, 2017
I had a friend that drove for them had I of done my own homework I wouldn't of went here, my trainer was all bad, gave me the flue n forced to drive, Stay away if you know what's best for you....
Pros
I got my CDL in school in Michigan
Cons
They don't care how you are treated
Great for new CD Driver
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2017
Great place for a new CDL driver. They have great lease options and the loads were plentiful. Team driving was informative and also was a good way to keep the revenue.
Trucking company goes with the economy
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVMay 8, 2017
Not a bad place to work. I enjoyed the days off and when went in to cover extra days, we would get a bonus. They let you manage your time according to the needs of the business and support decisions made by their team.
Pros
In 14 days, got to get 7 off.
Cons
Non that i can think of
Wouldnt recommend this company for anyone to work at
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 4, 2017
This company does not have work life balance. I've been at this company for a year and still haven't seen much progress with the pay or with promotions. The management at this company aren't engaged with work life balance or their team. The pay grade for their drivers is ridiculous. The competitive companies are paying a lot more starting off without having a years or more of experience. When you're eligible for a pay raise its only a couple of cents.
Pros
good schooling
Cons
home time and bad communication with driver managers and the pay grade
Fast pace
Student (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 3, 2017
Had fun fast paced company great teachers and equipment need more time and practice in rhe trucks will recomend to my friends its a foot in the door its worth it
Pros
Get cdl quick
Cons
Not sure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7