C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
I dont even want to do the review for the company! They treat you as if you don't even exist but to solidly work, and as breaks are mandatory that is the only time you will get to yourself. They never give you days off and they always mess up your paychecks and you will always be missing miles on your checks, you will also notice that getting a raise never happens with them unless you decide to train someone. Oh and did I mention they stick you with students that don't even know how to really do the job yet and expect you to learn from them.
Cons
pay sucks
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
C.R.Enland was a great place to work to me. I just didn't like being away from my family 3 months at a time.
driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work was get route in morning and explain to my student on what to do and how to get to deliveries while trying to sleep during the day and driving at night. I learned a lot about trucking and the U.S. Management was good and had no problems. Co-workers were great and still keep in touch. The hardest part was trying to get sleep while student was driving during the day and making sure he was being safe and getting everything done. The most enjoyable part was seeing the Country.
Pros
Getting paid to travel the Country
Cons
Lack-of-Sleep
Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 13, 2015
Upper management do not listen to onsite managers - leave managers out to dry for issues beyond their control.

The company spends too much time making IT solutions for employees them doing what could make employees happy.

Wants to improve driver turn over, but doesn't do anything to not make lower level managers have ability to treat driver like more them 3rd piece of machinery to make loads deliver.
Pros
N/A
Cons
High benefits costs, no room to advance, low pay, just all bad
nice training bad career
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2015
trainers are good they teach you a lot of what you need to know to do your job. Most of the things they teach you don't always comply with company policy. Most of company policy makes it harder to do your job..Its best to be owner operator if you want to work with this company. The pay is terrible starting you out at 12 cent a mile and earn your way to 15 cents before you can move on to your career. terrible communication between your driver manager and you on loads. they treat you unprofessional and like children. I wouldn't recommend working here your bills wont get paid here.
Pros
its a good training school
Cons
the pay isn't compatable with other companys. not even minimum wage
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
Good company to start your career or jump back into the saddle...
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
Great equipment, dedicated drivers have a fairly good salary, but would be a great job of we were paid more... Overall I'm going to park it here for a while.
Pros
Good Equipment and you are home almost every weekend.
Cons
Better mileage pay and more miles.
very good place to work
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  4701 west 2100 south salt lake city ,utahMarch 10, 2016
getting up and being prductive,i learned the trucking business,didnt know management only delt with dispachers,coworkers were easy to get along with,long time away from home,the best part about the job was getting paid
Pros
good learning expeirience
Cons
long time away from home
Big company with lots of opportunities
Cdl class a (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 28, 2016
Great Job for over the road with great Co-workers also learned a bunch from the supervisors and management. The most enjoyable part of the job Is getting to see different parts of the country while driving thru them all.
Pros
supervisors and upper management
Cons
Too many days away from home
Lots of adventure and free travel
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2016
Great Place work, enjoyed traveling throughout the country. lots of miles and money. Never a dull moment, always sightseeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Great pay, free vacation
Cons
Good start for new driver
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtAugust 12, 2015
Typical day at work was driving 8-9 hours with a few breaks in between. Learning was for the most part was very good, training and counseling was always available in numerous States. Management always made themselves readily available. Co-workers were team players, willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was often sharing the truck with a stranger/new driver. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were never alone, someone was always there with you.
Pros
Must be a people person
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
the trucking life is a hard place to be if you have family. Lonely dirty road with long hours by your self. takes a long time to get any where in the company and you still have to pass all the tests which I understand its " There policy "
Pros
none`

2.8