C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
CR England has a good driver training program. For someone starting out in a new career, this would be a good option. Only require a 9 month commitment, vs 12 or 18 months.
Pros
Free driver training with 9 month commitment
Cons
Poor home time
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Safe and great workplace safety is always a must
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake city utAugust 26, 2016
Overall great place so far wish they didn't required so much training because that just puts you farther away from making good money but at the same time I do understand why. Dorm rooms are clean everybody is very professional instructors are the best I learned alot even tjough I had my class a for three years I still learned more so don't go in thinking you don't need it because you do.
Pros
Professional people
Cons
Doesn't pay alot starting out and training to long
It's a great place to start.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 23, 2016
Beyond just needing experience this company isn't the best to work for. C.R. England is a great place to get experience from and they have great instructors so the teaching is there but the pay is horrible and home time is non existent.
patients
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTAugust 23, 2016
Got to be patient and be willing to put up with a lot and except that you or not going to make money for a while but can get a career and a quick cdl to start your career
Ive learnrd alot fast
Student (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 23, 2016
I had a great experience its fast pace but u learn alot over all i highly recommend i think the instructor do a great job i was happy with the drive time as well as the backing range there are alot of students so u really have to be focused so im very excited about my next phase of training.....
Pros
Fast
Cons
Errbody cant keep up
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 23, 2016
I attended the school and all the instructors and trainers are awesome. They are experienced and most importantly professional. Although the school is fast paced they make sure you have the information to succeed.
Pros
Professional and Friendly
Good Company, Lots to do, Room for advancement and higher pay
Training Field Operations Instructor (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
Big Company, some flaws within the environment they are trying to create. Nonetheless, they are trying to create an environment that is fun and enjoyable. I give them credit for that. Most of the personnel have great work ethics and care about others. Good Place to work.
Pros
Fun, Exciting, Different, Pay Increases
Cons
A lot of your time is going to be held to push out the constant workflow, However, the more you work, the more you make
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
Trainers are cool and engaging
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 22, 2016
This place is very differnt fast pace long hours out doors and all sorts of different people little hectic at times but hard work determination results show
Pros
Trainers are cool and engaging informative and make you earn your CDL
Cons
Home time and make sure you do extensive research
A great career
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
The training is above average the facilities are mediocre all in all a great way to start your trucking career. New fleet of trucks and the experience of seeing america and its beautiful countryside
Pros
The hands on
Cons
Long term
America is so beautiful
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2016
pre-trip truck,get load and directions ...go,go,go,. other drivers were helpful giving tips and advice to new drivers.
Pros
see america one mile at a time.
Cons
try to make you take a load that should be on a team, not a solo driver.
Life at Salt Lake City Utah
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahAugust 20, 2016
The school is awesome they teach you everything you need to know to start a rewarding Career.And they do it all in a two-week period.The maintenance division is awesome and all the trucks are within a two-year period.
Pros
their instructors are all veterans
Cons
a shorter wait time for trainers
Great place with good people.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 18, 2016
I love the people here. They are very helpful in teaching and helping you they make sure that you have the necessary skills so that way when you leave here for the real world you would know what to do.
Great job
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 18, 2016
Its otr so you have to be ready to work and keep a open mind
Training from the school was very direct and to the point
Fast paced enviroment you get outbwhat you put in
Pros
Make money
Cons
Home time
Great place to get started
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 18, 2016
Great place to get started if you dont have your cdl. Most companies want you to have 6 months to a year of experience. They will give you the proper training and hire you right after.
Good training
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2016
Most of the staff was very professional, knowledgeable, and understood the different learning practices of the students. While the training for the CDL test was fast paced, it was easy to grasp.
excellent
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2016
Im absolutely positive. If I drive I was still work for them cause I don't know how to act. I just like working for no reason. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
good
good
fun and exciting place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2016
Staff are friendly and very helpful if I had an issue the didn't drag their feet they jumped right to the problem I learned how to drive a 18 wheeler
Pros
great place to work, friendly, helpful staff
Cons
expensive store at school to fast paced
Good company to get your foot in the door
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2016
Good place to start in the industry but be sure that you are going to fully dedicate your full time and attention to it be.be sure to ask the recruiter everything you want to know . and be sure you have money to spare cause if not your in for a hard time
Pros
Freeish schooling
Cons
Home time

2.8