C.R. England

C.R. England Employee Reviews

OTR
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great way to see the country.
Cons: Very limited home time. Long waits in between loads.
Typical day of a long haul driver included pre-trip and post trip inspections of the tractor and trailer. Must read load assignments to verify temp, addresses, arrival times, and billing numbers. Keeping truck operating by adding fuel and oil as necessary.
Love to work with diferent people
Administrator (Current Employee), Cedar Hill, TXAugust 25, 2015
It is exciting to meet and work with new people every week. The greatest part of it is to give someone opportunity to get new carrier and job.
Could be a good opportunity, if not for major flaws
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Nationwide and DedicatedAugust 18, 2015
Pros: They get you thru the process of getting your CDL
Cons: Hard to get home time in beginning, When you do- it takes forever to get back on the road, Administrative is screwed up, You need to stay on top of paperwork, and every other thing you need to do your job, Fire you at the drop of a hat!
There are few places these days that will train you up from ground zero, help you get your CDL and hire you on the spot. Sounds good. That's what I thought, and with their focus on safety, I was really – more... happy with the prospect. But the training is minimal... if you are relatively smart and self-sufficient you will get thru the program as I did, and with some less than perfect habits... because they don't train them out of you... not during the training phase. So when you have a small mishap, like I did... where I drove thru a driveway that wasn't made for trucks at 3AM to turn around... and got the landing gear hung up on the driveway... and you tell them you can't afford to not get paid for a period of retraining, that COULD last a week or two... They fire you!! No options, no ultimatums. Just FIRED!! This doesn't even scratch the surface... for instance, when I changed from one fleet to another it took five calls to fuel to get my fuel card to finally work... So many problems, I'd skip it, if I could do it over again! – less
Bad place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UtahAugust 14, 2015
Pros: get experince in driving
Cons: This job has very low pay!!!!!
this job pay was very low compared to other trucking companies that are out their. This job also try to lock you in to stuff you don't want to do. worst company ever!!!!!
Good start for new driver
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Must be a people person
Cons: Lack of healthcare benefits
Typical day at work was driving 8-9 hours with a few breaks in between. Learning was for the most part was very good, training and counseling was always available in numerous States. Management always – more... made themselves readily available. Co-workers were team players, willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was often sharing the truck with a stranger/new driver. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were never alone, someone was always there with you. – less
great place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2015
excellent people, training, pay, time off, equipment. Lots of fun driving a truck for these people. Wish I could go back!
Not the best company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UTAugust 7, 2015
The only reason I would suggest working for this company is only if you are broke and want to get a free CDL A, and the training to go with it, and a job afterwards. IF you have a CDL A allready just move along.
No compassion
Diesel Tech II (Former Employee), LaredoJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Poor management and easy to be let go
I was a dedicated employee and after the tragic loss of my father took some days off for the preparations and services that took longer than the 3 day bereavement and I was let go.
don't care to
Local Refrigerated Intermodal Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2015
Pros: don't care to
Cons: don't care to
over worked, under paid, long hours in all types of weather conditions, equipment that was not safe to drive, forced loads, not having hard copies of BOL for transport of product.
Horrible company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no home time
I worked here for over a year. They have a bunch of unintelligent drivers waiting to drive trucks because they are a cdl farm. They don't care about your pay and your home time. They will keep you out until you quit. If you tell no on a load they have you sit for a week. In my experience. Once you leave they bad mouth you. I left in 2009 and they slandered me 2 months ago in 2015. Stay away.
it is a fun job, but you have no life, work is life as a truck driver
McCarran Walmart Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2015
I love the job, but i do not like the no life aspect of the job, i am off one day a week, and only home for that one day and back to my work truck that night to start working again the next day
really bad stressful place to work in
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no breaks, give you false hope
stressful place to work at. no room for anyone to grow. a lot of favoritism. have to deal on site manager and does not have any clue on how to even use system correctly.
traveling nationwide and seeing many places
CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), SLC UtahJuly 14, 2015
Pros: extensive travel, learned alot
Cons: pay was not very good, but it was a learning step
I enjoyed my experience while working there. I was able to travel throughout the entire country, and see many things.
I would recommend the company for drivers who want to travel.
Review
CDL Truck Operator (Former Employee), UtahJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Co workers easy to get along with
Cons: low pay
You must call your truck manager, otherwise you will not be assigned freight. If your not on the road driving you will not receive any sort of payment. If you are delivering to a facility with high security make sure you have your access codes before hand do not move the truck until you receive that, (from personal experience)
Just drive and make money
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Easy driving job
Cons: You wont like it if you hate driving
C.R. England is an easy job as long as you don't mind driving. The Qualcomm system simplifies a lot of things. Team driving can make things easier too.
Stable workflow, but little hometime
Commercial Vehicle Company Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Stable workflow, safety oriented
Cons: Little home time, not many benefits.
It is a good company to start with, but I did not have many home time. The starting pay is very low, if you have a family you need to have another source of income. They would not allow me to take a service dog with me.
Great start to a class a job
Driver (Current Employee), ColtonJuly 7, 2015
Pros: best training program
Cons: bad traning pay
Its a very different learning experience being away from your family i must say they have the best training program that gets your feet in the truck driving industry but a typical day is pretty much the same everyday besides driving 11hours through different states and trying new food
Professional Driver
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2015
Pros: See a lot
Cons: Away from family
Received lots of training in operation a Commercial Tractor Trailer Truck. Pretty simple job overall. You get the route preplanned from your dispatcher. Just have to keep track of your hours how many your drive and rest.
Time Consuming.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Seeing the country, pay.
Cons: short breaks, little home-time, monotonousness.
The pay and benefits were great, but living in a truck day after day is not for everyone, including me. I prefer a balanced work and home life whereas this job is all work.
Unless your last name was England, you do not get a chance or related to one
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee), salt lake cityJune 29, 2015
Great company to work for as long as you had an open mind. The job itself was very demanding, 8 hours in your chair, only could take 15 minute breaks twice per day with your lunch. Most of us had to eat at the desk because there was no loyalty among anyone.
Headquarters