C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,365 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 20, 2017
Working for this company they are about their customers enjoyed working for them. Managers always have fun little game that they play with the employees to motivate the employee. Everyone here are friendly and helpful when you need the help
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahJune 19, 2017
C.R. England promises a lot. The told me that the would do all they can to get me home to my family every three to four weeks. It was three months and two days before I saw my wife and children again. The Management was unconcerned that I had not seen my family in so long. The company has no culture. The hardest part of the job was Having to train to make a decent pay check. Having to let a green no experience drive drive your truck as you slept or tried to sleep. Worsted six months sleep of my 43 years. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sudden views you see coming across the country. Gorgeous...
Pros
I was able to be an owner operator and determine my own money
Cons
Having to train to make enough to make it worth while
Lousy place to work
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2017
Management treats all drivers like garbage, refuses home time even when there's a family emergency. Unrealistic, even ludicrous delivery times. You're set up to fail with every load you're assigned.
horrible place
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 17, 2017
been with the company for 4 years, after the first year I already knew everything. do not do major repairs. just quick lube jobs. boring job.
Do not recommend if your trying to advance in the field
Great way to start when getting your CDL
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2017
I loved CR England but when you have bills to pay back home expect to fall behind or never have money.. I started with the company making 17 cents per mile, when I quit, I was at 21 cents..
Pros
Trucks are always in good shape
Cons
Expect terrible checks & a lot of sitting..
Very unhappy
Transportation Logistics Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2017
Anyone should RUN from this company. No money, No money, No money, and they consume your life. Learning to drive trucks there was great, but that's it.
Pros
Great Training for learning to drive large trucks.
Cons
No money, No money, No money, and they consume your life.
low pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 13, 2017
this company is good for starters but eventually you will want to make more and grow. I enjoyed my experiences but i felt i needed more opportunity. But good company
wellpay for you to get your cdl
Driver (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 12, 2017
will pay for you to get you cdl and train you how to drive a truck over the raod. have some of the bet trucks and trailers on the road.the hardest part of the job is when your riding with the trainer.
More communication
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2017
The school is Great... Their needs to be more communication between the staff, one person tell's you something and the next person has no clue as to what's going on...
Great school
Student (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 9, 2017
I have really enjoyed the class. Great training with plenty of experience to assure you are doing everything by the book. I got plenty of driving time with training
Pros
Plenty of breakd
Cons
No food paid for
The trainers and office assistance are awesome!
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 9, 2017
This is an amazing company with great opportunities and the people here go out of there way to do everything they can to help you succeed. By far this company is on top
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hpme time
Not at all What They Say
Phase 1, Phase 2, and Solo driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2017
I took this position with a lot promised and unfortunately they were not able to follow through. The average pay they promise was not even close. the miles they promise was not close and the times they say to get through training was also not consistent. You will learn a lot and the experience is awesome as far as learning to drive the trucks but at the expense of financially going to the poor house. If you have a family or wife stay away this will be very rough on the both of you both mentally and physically.
Pros
great truck driving school
Cons
no pay barely pay phase 1 little pay phase 2
Great place to learn
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84120June 7, 2017
They give you any information you might need to get you CDL. Very friendly atmosphere in company yards. Gained invaluable experience and started a life long career
Pros
Some very experienced mentors
Cons
Pay caps out quick for solo driver
Cheat you out of your money
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
They take money out of your check for everything. I bought stuff for there equipment with there check and it came out of my pay check.. The pay is to low and they think you should never have a break. Drove like crazy and the pay was cheap
Pros
Poor company
Cons
Poor company
Company takes advantage of employees
Team Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
Not a company I care to work for again. Driving 11 hrs./day is a standard work day. When you're not driving, you're trying to sleep in a noisy, bouncing sleeper.
Learned the basics of driving a semi but not enough training to back into loading docks.
Management was ok. Hardest part of the job was not getting enough sleep and worrying about the other team driver having an accident.
Pros
Getting training and experience
Cons
Too much driving on minimal sleep
Terrible starting pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
I was forced to continue driving as a team well after my training period was over. They were only paying 28 cents per mile. It was hard to get home if they could't find a load heading to my city.
Pros
pay for your driving school
Cons
fight for home time, 28 cents per mile, forced team driving
Manangement
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2017
I will not suggest this as a starter company or a company at all. very underpaid, and the OTR company drivers are treated like dog meat by the people who sit on a chair and get to go home every night.
Need a Job!
Professional CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2017
Basic regional driver position. New equipment with bottom of the line pay. No time off. No set schedule. No work life balance. Newer and roomy sleeper cabs.
Made Friends for Life during Training
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJune 4, 2017
The training to get your license was fun and exciting. The trainers at the school were extremely helpful and made coming to get training for your license worthwhile.
great learning experience
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  salt lake city utahJune 3, 2017
was glad to option my cdl a license the guy who was over the road with me was awesome very down to earth very patient and very eager to teach me about being an otr driver
Pros
see the world
Cons
being away from family and wife

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7