C.R. England

C.R. England Employer Reviews

productivity
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INJuly 9, 2014
I really enjoy hard work and labor. I really enjoy hard work and labor.
Really good workplace with good manigement.
Driver/Delevery (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 9, 2014
Pros: fuel card, and pay card.
Cons: not enough miles.
A typical workday at C.R. England was great.
Great Driving instruction, and teaching.
Really good management.
Awesome co-workers.
The hardest part of the job, was when I had to wait for work. when there was not a rout available.
the most enjoyable part of work, was the driving.
Positive, personal managers, they take good care of their drivers.
Driver/Instructor (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay, new equipment, positive and pleasant managers
Cons: home time insufficient for family life.
Work consists of supervising loading/unloading, sealing load, and sending appropriate messages to driver manager keeping them updated at all times on status of load and truck.

The management is very positive and helpful, orientated toward company profitability but also toward maintaining good relationships with their drivers. Every division has shown – more... courtesy and positive attitude.

The most difficult aspect of the job is that it is over the road. The nature of over the road is very limited home time, I am married and well connected in my community so this is difficult. Since I am in instructor, I drive nights, and frequently am awake during the day, and when an apprentice is in need of assistance. Sleep is coveted, but I still practice safety above all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of a job well done, I have received many messages of thanks from my driver managers, and positive reviews from the clients. – less
Was very hard life
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2014
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cheyanne wyJuly 2, 2014
A typical day at work was to get up out of the sleeper and pick up my load assignments from dispatch and find corresponding trailer on the Wal-Mart DC parking lot and deliver the product to the stores.
Decent work place with great people.
N/A (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2014
CR England has great co-workers and fosters a team atmosphere. The lower level management is engaged and works hard to succeed. The ownership is highly motivated to create a successful company. They try hard to create an environment where employees feel valued. Because its family owned it can feel slightly micro-managed on occasion.
Okay place for new truck drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INJune 30, 2014
Just coming out of trucking school, think they could so a better job explaining how life on the road as a trucker really is, and cater a little more to the students once they are out with their trainers
Very convient with trip pak to scan trips to get paid. Driver lounge have showers and television for drivers.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2014
Productive and fun experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, IndianaJune 23, 2014
The training was good and I can't complain but you can end up spending more money than need be to live while training. You must be prepared to stay longer than they tell you that you'll be there but I can say it really depends on you, the person.
Fun work place. You definetly wants to be on the ECS Side of the business
Tire Assistant (Current Employee), Salt lake city utJune 21, 2014
Pros: bagels, lunch, bbq, dress down days, ect
Cons: micro management.
I really enjoy working for CR England: It is a fun atmoshphere and the people there are great. Kind of micro manage your phone calls and are always wanting more from everyone which is understandable at a tolerable pace.
So-So company
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2014
Pros: good place to start
Cons: compensation
A good place to get your start in the transportation industry, I just wouldn't stay. The training program is above acceptable and they help get you thru the testing for a commercial drivers license quickly and efficiently.
lowsy place to work
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2014
All they want is for you to lease, they dont care if you make money.
driving
driver (Former Employee), west jordan utJune 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long peroids away from family
pick up loads and unload them at stores in and around ut driving over the road
not a good company jams lease down your throat
Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJune 17, 2014
don't want to say anything cause I don't like to say bad about previous companies
OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2014
Pros: no boss over shoulder.
Cons: pay after tractor paid. for month.
Started with the company leasing a new tractor. Did not discover just how much you are responsible for. Majority of pay went to tractor and fuel.
a good truck company
Otr driver (Former Employee), all over usJune 12, 2014
I enjoyed being over the road. the oppurtunity to be some what your own boss
A lot of lies
OTR Truck Driver (Over the Road Truck Driver) (Current Employee), Salt Lake, UTJune 7, 2014
Pros: helped me get my cdl
Cons: lied to, pay sucked in training and out. you have to have no life at all to make money
The recruiter told me things that ended up not being true, as well as fact I had to keep calling every payday to correct my pay for the next check. I do not recommend them at all.
For a starting Company it was rather good.
Team OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2014
Long hours, not a lot of home time. They will help you get your CDL and a lot of the other drivers are nice.
Fun and Adventure!
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2014
Pros: flexiblity (self employed or company driver), training, and travel
Cons: no time for family, coastly repaires...truck payments, and insurance
A typical day on the open road is a long.. "Give and Take" relationship.
"Timing is everything" when your trying to avoid rush hour traffic and weather condition.. "It's a balancing act" when you have to choose between taking a shower or grabbing a poorly constructed sandwich from the Flying J.
"It can be lonely" out on the road and hard on a family. – more... But, if you are focused and disciplined the rewards are often freedom and financial stability. – less
Truck Driving... nothing more
Second Seat Driver (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: driving....maybe
Cons: pay, life on the road, truck stops, poor equipment, management
England has paid driver training, while you train your paycheck goes toward your tuition so you don't really get a paycheck, they also help you with California air brakes endorsement as well as obtaining your CDL. That being said the training is way too short, the instructors are rude and offensive, if you are not proficient in truck driving within – more... a few days they will degrade you and go so far as to call you names in front of other trainees. Once training was over and I had obtained my CDL I was still totally uncomfortable driving a truck and knowing that I would have to drive on the road was totally intimidating. Also as soon as your training is done cost for "training" are still deducted from your paycheck, training is about $6000 dollars. My training driver was ok his truck was a real P.O.S it had a bad transmission, the route that I was to train on was between Los Angeles and Salt Lake City Utah so there were a bunch of hills in between, I have never been more scared when driving, I called management in Los Angeles a few times for a different driver, I was constantly given the run-around, I was eventually told that I did not have the right to ask for another training driver, a few days later I quit. I love to drive and knowing how to handle a big-rig on the road is fun but England made it a bad experience. If you can not find another job or you don't mind life on the road then maybe give England a call. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more