C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,008 reviews matching the search
A new way to start a career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2016
Went throug training and learned a great wealth of knowledge in a short amount of time. The instructors were great and knowledgeable of the material. The staff was extremely nice.
Pros
Class involvement
Cons
N/a
trainers are realy good
I currently work here (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2016
I had a good experience at the utah center. The trainers dont give up on you and the rest of the staff are really nice. I like the system they got here at this location is only a ten day course but they teach the right way..with videos..and talk
Excellent company to start a career.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2016
It's and excellent company to start a career, they take you through school to get a CDL if you don't have one then they employ you after you finished getting the CDL.
Pros
Gaining CDL License
Good Pay
Senior Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2016
A typical day of work consists of A LOT of phone calls, you have the opportunity to earn a good income on commission. I would suggest giving it a shot, but make sure you have thick skin!
Beautiful terminal in Salt Lake City
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
I've made mistakes in my life before, but this is probably one of the biggest mistakes of my career. I was treated like a number. For a solo driver, it was frustrating to get a load out of Laredo, because everything went to teams and instructors first. I had a lot of down time. And the pay barely covered my truck expenses. I always had money issues.and I literally lived in the truck because I couldn't afford to go home. And when I did go home,I would receive calls even before my hometime was over. I could go on and on. This company was definitely not for me.
Pros
Beautiful terminal
Cons
Low pay, too much deadtime, not enough miles
Interesting place and a bit fun learning to drive trucks
New driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahDecember 7, 2016
C. R. England has been great to me. I missed my original exam date and I stayed an extra week to get more training time that paid off. I passed my exam and am on my way to a very new, exciting, and positive career.
Pros
Shuttle to wal mart, target etc..
Cons
Not enough trainers
Great experiences.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
Safe and productive work place. Alot of information for everyone. Good instructors.It been a great experience.Achievement are recognized.is a continuous learning every day alot ofuseful information. I am grateful to this company for giving me the opportunity to rich my goal.
Pros
Many good instructors focused in the best of the students.
Cons
N/A
my C.R. England experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake C. R. EnglandDecember 7, 2016
This school gave me Pride in my abilities to conquer my fears and overcome my self doubt. The instructors are knowledgable and caring. They understand everyones emotional and physical strengths and weaknesses.They take the time to help anyway they can to get you to pass your CDL and
Pros
Very clean facility, Management is easy to contact, Everyone tries their best to accommodate any reasonable request.
Cons
Parallel parking
Great school
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
The school in salt lake city jas great road and backing instructors. Im very happy to have passed my test, and now am getting ready to go on the road!!
Pros
Great instructors
Cons
Too many people in a room
A well oiled Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 6, 2016
It was great for me. Only thing was that bus ride from NC.Got here, and was all hands on deck.You can surely get you CDL'S if you come focus. Nothing is given you will earn it.
Quick learning
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahDecember 5, 2016
Get your CDL fast. Great Teachers. And great practice. Pay isn't Great. But a good way to gain experience. Come join the team!
great school
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
Very hands on and great teachers. The course was great and you learn everything you need to know about truck driving. Dorms are ok. They have everything on site that you need to do to get your cdl
Pros
trucks and teachers
Good place to start
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
The school is fast paced and teaches you the basics to get your cdl. Make sure to bring plenty of money or you'll be stuck eating ramen every day.
Pros
Trucks are fairly new and good instructors
Cons
Would like more time in trucks. Class size can sometimes limit your time with trucks.
great experience
Driver student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
it was a wonderful experience everyone treats you like family I passed school 12-2016 they are very helpful and kind they make you feel very comfortable
Pros
great instuctors
Cons
no free coffee
Good Company To Use As Training Wheels
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 2, 2016
Been Working For Here For 9 Months almost done with the contact in a couple of weeks

Good school and training (depends on instructors and trainers)

Good company for people who are just starting

Personal opinion just do your 9 month contact and once your done with that go on with another company like jb hunt etc..

The best way to make money in CRE is to go to the Walmart Fleet In Reno Nevada and do your training and 9 months there

Cons is that you are far away from home and the company ignores your request to transfer home HR wont call back you got to call them

Best way to get hometime work a full month next comming month get a week off but request it a month in advance
Pros
Good Driving School
Cons
Far Away From Home, 9 Month Contract
I came to get a CDL and they helped me acheive that goal! :)
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
C.R. England has you training and learning to actually drive these beasty trucks within 3 days of getting to school! There was challenges but you can't give it up! Practice! Practice! Practice and same goes for studying. If you want it, you have to put your nose to the stone as one Teacher / Instructor said to me. Good Luck! ;)
Pros
Your in a truck withing 72 hours, hands on training!
Cons
Cons like anything are going to occur, it's situational, however I can honestly say Cons here were far less than Pros!
Good School
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
Its a fun place to learn trucking most instructers are down to earth and love their job. It's a great environment to learn and meet new people
Good place to get your training
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2016
This is a good company to start out with if you don't know what you are doing they will teach you what to do to do over the road and they have good morals
Just finished my training and am amazed at how well they work as a team to ensure the tools you need to start your career over the road
Student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2016
Amazing team and beautiful trucks the school is same as a truck stop entertainment gym store and restaurant us bank and shuttle service provided to Walmart
Pros
They wont quit on you.
Cons
No free coffee
Fun workplace but very complicated
I currently work here (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2016
A good place for someone young with no wife or kids. Everybody that's joins this company should understand that this is a road job not a home job. All in all a fair company to start out with to get your CDL and the milea/ experience to further your career. Best of luck to all who join and congrats to those who get there CDL through CR England.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5