C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,214 reviews matching the search
Get yo Cdl dawg!
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 6, 2017
Don't expect too much! Dorming is okay! But so much snoring and bad hygiene you have to deal with lol but you get your Cdl! That's important! Do the 9 months and make the best of your contract! Don't complain about anything! It's not gonna get you anywhere, just know what you're here for (Cdl and experience) and stay focused. Don't come here to make friends dawg study study study it's gonna help you out a lot when it comes time to test.
Pros
You get your Cdl
Cons
You don't make any money
Intro
New hire driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
As a new driver just entering the driver life my review can only encompass what I know.
The school is staffed with drivers that care about teaching newbies how to operate safely, how to park safely and verify your vehicle is safe to operate.
I feel that there are too many students being taught in such a short period of time.
The drive time and parking range time is too short, I'm being hired to drive safely and one week is not enough time to develop a good foundation before we get paired up with a trainer.
Pros
Driving and parking instructor is top shelf.
Cons
Too many students
In facility food and entertainment lacking, but overall company is good.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2017
The company has you paying for your own food, which is understandable however the convenience store coss too much to live off of if you don't have much money.
The company has nice entertainment facilities.

The staff is very friendly, they're well trained and know how to teach.

I would recommend this company to any person who wants to begin driving a Class A vehicle and get their license. Just be prepared cheap.
Pros
Good staff, good trucks, great opportunity.
Cons
Food is not good, entertainment is expensive, rooms and beds are low quality.
Professional staff
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2017
C R England is ran with a great professional environment along with a staff that is great. They treat you like family pointing out your good points and helping you enprove your short comings. They give you more than your far change to improve your life. They are not perfect but to me from what i have seem they give it there best shot. Some do not agree but C R England still hold out there hand to help all.
Pros
Great campas
Cons
Some students make fun of this work and not take things serious until they fail
straight foward job with good miles
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2017
my days usually consisted reviewing a load performing pre and post trips. driving to and from shippers or receivers in a safe manner then taking the proper breaks in between drive shifts. what ive learned is to always put safety first no matter what. management was ok. the work environment was pretty friendly. the hardest part of the job for me was being away from home a month at a time because you miss out on the small things. the most enjoyable would have to be linking up with fellow drivers who shared the same hobbies as i did.
Pros
consistent loads
Cons
pay rate could higher
wonderful place to get a good start on a career in trucking
Driver Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
I had a good experience at CR England and got my CDL here. It's not easy and the instructors give you the information you need to get your License. However, it is up to you to study and work hard on the practice road and backing range. You must take responsibility for your learning and progress. Positive place to begin. Strong morals/values at the corporate level. I'd rate the experience as positive.
Pros
The information to get your CDL is here. Management cares about the students.
Cons
Long days.
Great place to get started in the truck driving industry
Driver (Current Employee) –  AZ - ArizonaFebruary 10, 2017
I found it was overall a good facility with good staff/instructors they teach you what you need to know to be safe and cautious.they also make your stay as comfortable as could be while you have a weight room and a game room and a movie theater with in the establishment and a shuttle that runs you to Wal-Mart every hour on the hour or target or wherever you may need to go...I enjoyed the experience overall.
Pros
Good staff and instructors very helpful and a overall good place to learn this industry
Cons
Have to spend alot of money while in training for meals
CR England school was a good and fun Learning experience and I would recommend it to every person that wants to be a good driver.
Class ATruck driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2017
to be a safe driver is to be a good listener to your instructor, always pay attention and never stop trying. Also the instructors here are very confident in your abilities they work very hard to make sure that you succeed and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to be a safe and efficient driver.
Pros
Good meals, new friends, good sleeping quarters
Cons
early-morning risers, long classes, and short tempers.
Exceptional Schooling and On the Job Training/Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R. England is your best route if you are looking to start a driving career without prior experience.

The school and complex is top class, and provides all proper tools needed in order to complete training and put you on the road.

While at the school I was given the utmost attention and education pertaining to my driving and was driven to success each day.

You won't believe the progress you will make in one week!

Best wishes!
Travis Beauman
Excellent training program, not so good to drive for unless you are a trainer.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
CR England's Premiere Truck Driver Training School is Excellent, but beware, some of the trainers can be abusive. The only way to make decent money with this Company is to become a trainer. If you don't want to do that, finish your 6 month to a year commitment and move on.
Pros
Good training. Most staff easy to get along with.
Cons
As a new driver you will be out 3 to 4 weeks at a time and not make a lot of money.
Overall review of training and company to date
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2017
Training is intense and full of information. Process is very well thought out with ample assistance and adaptation to individual needs. They are focused on your success. Instructors are personable, friendly, and professional. Facility is full of unexpected amenities. Company seems committed to developing and maintaining an atmosphere of excellence.
Pros
Instruction and training
Cons
Lack of privacy/personal space.
Drive drive and more drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Pay wasn't the best but it is a more training school for new CDL drivers who want to get miles in to find a better company. After a year or so i met some people who made great money. As long as the wheels turn you're making money. I had a good experience with the trainer I personally had made it fun and helpful as i learned everything i needed. Only downside is home time which if you're going over the road you should expect that and pay (.14 cents a mile after a month of training at 10$ an hour)
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay, home time
I found communication was unsatisfactory
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Communication within the company was lacking and not helpful from about 90 percent of the employees. I learned that I work well with others and enjoy working without being micro managed. For about 3 years I trained new drivers how to drive truck. The most difficult part of the job was receiving permission to fix something on my truck to allow me to get back on the road.
Pros
Wage, road time, teaching new drivers.
Cons
time away from family, no time for school or extracurricular activities
New to company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Just went through the schooling and so far so good. The dorms are a bit of a petri dish for disease, as I found out the hard way. I never had any problems with the staff or other students. The curriculum is fast paced so it's not necessarily for everyone. If you're a quick learner, then you should fit well.
Pros
Fast pace, quick in and out, free room and travel
Cons
Petri dish dorm atmosphere, expensive convenience store on campus, restaurant is a bit over priced as well.
Inclusive, articulate, professional
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2017
This is not a joke that the school I was before was so bad, where the trainer keep going for smoking breaks every 10min before I know the day is gone and they never give proper training so I decided to change to CR, i surely see the difference, where so many time the trainer was so focus and serious until I understand what he's saying, giving me a proper guidance, because of this I have bring in 2 of my friends to attend the school
Pros
Training
Cons
Accommodation
Fast paced, knowledgeable training staff, great place to get your CDL
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 13, 2017
Amazing facility. Very fast paced learning but the instructors work with you to help you learn and understand. You will have to put in your own hard work and study and practice but they provide all the tools for success. Help you to get your CDL and provide you a job right after. Very thorough with paperwork which equals to everything you do being in compliance and started off on the right track. Great environment and staff that make you feel like family. Highly recommend coming here and working! I'll be recommending aby one interested in getting your CDL to come train and work for CR England!
Pros
Great training, great facilities, all the tools for success
Cons
Away from home
Friendly management/trainers but could improve training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Overall the training here is sufficient. Some of the people doing the training are not very good teachers, but a couple of them are excellent and dedicated beyond expectations. On the whole, I would recommend this company over others I checked out. Just make sure you take charge of your training and don't hesitate to ask for help until you get what you need. Judy is the best.
Pros
Open backing range for after hours practice
Cons
Some instructors who seem indifferent whether you understand what they are teaching
productive in learning how to drive and operate
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
this is a great company. they offer great school and training. cr England has fine staff of instructors. I would recommend anyone to go to cr England to schooling and training. I promise you will be successful in this career of choice and you will be happy. I learn all sorts of manuvuers of how to operate a truck and trailer.
Pros
free lunches as promise also a successful career
Cons
they have great benefits and home time for your family
Training instructors very unprofessional
Student (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Great training course! Enjoyed training at CR England. My driving instructor was awesome! All the other instructors were very unprofessional. They said they cared about us passing but joke and make fun of themselves during class. They preach safety all the time, but are EXTREAMLY unsafe on the backing range! I would recommend this course to anyone in a hurry trying to get a CDL in a hurry.
Pros
Awesome course
Cons
It's not payed training.
Great trainers
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2017
The trainers here take their time to show and thoroughly explain the process of shifting, turning, and backing. From the experience that I've had with some of the trainers here, I realized that the best are chosen for this job because some of the students here aren't "cut out" for this line of work but the trainers still do their best to train these type of students to give them a shot at a better future. Much respect to the training crew.
Pros
Hands on training
Cons
Not enough practice on the road

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7