C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,273 reviews matching the search
Terrible place to work not only for drivers but corperate employees as well.
Student service/Recruiting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 8, 2017
I have nothing good to say at all. DON'T SIGN THEIR CONTRACT. Do your research and you'll find several other companies that have far better reviews and you'll actually make money. Unless you plan to sit and wait for miles for days and weeks at a time... Look elsewhere.
Pros
Paid tuition if you can afford to be broke while driving for them during your contract
Cons
Everything. They SUCK!!!
Intro
New hire driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
As a new driver just entering the driver life my review can only encompass what I know.
The school is staffed with drivers that care about teaching newbies how to operate safely, how to park safely and verify your vehicle is safe to operate.
I feel that there are too many students being taught in such a short period of time.
The drive time and parking range time is too short, I'm being hired to drive safely and one week is not enough time to develop a good foundation before we get paired up with a trainer.
Pros
Driving and parking instructor is top shelf.
Cons
Too many students
Professional staff
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2017
C R England is ran with a great professional environment along with a staff that is great. They treat you like family pointing out your good points and helping you enprove your short comings. They give you more than your far change to improve your life. They are not perfect but to me from what i have seem they give it there best shot. Some do not agree but C R England still hold out there hand to help all.
Pros
Great campas
Cons
Some students make fun of this work and not take things serious until they fail
Fun work place with food,games and training
student (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2017
CR England is a great company to start a career and stay here learning your skills to better your career.Fun environment games and wifi to keep you learning more advancement and compatible at the same time of training.Also giving you plenty hours of training with trucks and paperwork.CR England keeps one of the best tracking skill progress and keeping up with your progressive level as you train with different employers in different areas of classes and more.Clean work place with food and games to keep you level and not over loading yourself with thinking to hard. THANKS!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
additional trianing
Otr
Recovery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2017
I got my CDL through their school, which only taught you what you need to pass the DMV test. After that i was "trained" for about 3 months with a "trainer" who, once he knew I could keep the truck between the lines, went to the sleeper for the rest of my shift, after this, I went into their recovery division. Getting home time was like pulling teeth, and in my 9 months of driving to pay off the school's tuition, I was probably home 10 days. I wasn't the only driver with these problems.
Pros
steady work.
Cons
no home time.
Exceptional Schooling and On the Job Training/Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R. England is your best route if you are looking to start a driving career without prior experience.

The school and complex is top class, and provides all proper tools needed in order to complete training and put you on the road.

While at the school I was given the utmost attention and education pertaining to my driving and was driven to success each day.

You won't believe the progress you will make in one week!

Best wishes!
Travis Beauman
An honest living
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2017
To start i have taken training with the company which is very fast paced and somewhat hectic making sleep difficult.
The staff are close knit like a family and it feels a bit like home here except all the family is working all the time.
The company offers to hire on new recruits provided they study hard and are willing to give up a bit of social time, overall it's a pretty good offer.
Pros
free bus rides, place to sleep, teaching.
Cons
stressful, difficult and lengthy
sinking ship
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  UtahMarch 26, 2017
CR England has helped me hone many of my skills and learn new skills. The structure of upper management is not currently working. I have truly given my all to this company, and then some. I love my coworkers, but benefits and morale could definitely be better. There is a freeze on raises and bonuses have been cut as much as 50% since early 2016. There is no job security; you wonder if you are the next one to be escorted out the door with a box, even if you know your performance is outstanding. Now is not the time to get a job with this company.
Pros
I have had to learn a lot to keep up
Cons
Upper management
straight foward job with good miles
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2017
my days usually consisted reviewing a load performing pre and post trips. driving to and from shippers or receivers in a safe manner then taking the proper breaks in between drive shifts. what ive learned is to always put safety first no matter what. management was ok. the work environment was pretty friendly. the hardest part of the job for me was being away from home a month at a time because you miss out on the small things. the most enjoyable would have to be linking up with fellow drivers who shared the same hobbies as i did.
Pros
consistent loads
Cons
pay rate could higher
CR England school was a good and fun Learning experience and I would recommend it to every person that wants to be a good driver.
Class ATruck driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2017
to be a safe driver is to be a good listener to your instructor, always pay attention and never stop trying. Also the instructors here are very confident in your abilities they work very hard to make sure that you succeed and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to be a safe and efficient driver.
Pros
Good meals, new friends, good sleeping quarters
Cons
early-morning risers, long classes, and short tempers.
Great place to get started in the truck driving industry
Driver (Current Employee) –  AZ - ArizonaFebruary 10, 2017
I found it was overall a good facility with good staff/instructors they teach you what you need to know to be safe and cautious.they also make your stay as comfortable as could be while you have a weight room and a game room and a movie theater with in the establishment and a shuttle that runs you to Wal-Mart every hour on the hour or target or wherever you may need to go...I enjoyed the experience overall.
Pros
Good staff and instructors very helpful and a overall good place to learn this industry
Cons
Have to spend alot of money while in training for meals
Get yo Cdl dawg!
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 6, 2017
Don't expect too much! Dorming is okay! But so much snoring and bad hygiene you have to deal with lol but you get your Cdl! That's important! Do the 9 months and make the best of your contract! Don't complain about anything! It's not gonna get you anywhere, just know what you're here for (Cdl and experience) and stay focused. Don't come here to make friends dawg study study study it's gonna help you out a lot when it comes time to test.
Pros
You get your Cdl
Cons
You don't make any money
New to company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Just went through the schooling and so far so good. The dorms are a bit of a petri dish for disease, as I found out the hard way. I never had any problems with the staff or other students. The curriculum is fast paced so it's not necessarily for everyone. If you're a quick learner, then you should fit well.
Pros
Fast pace, quick in and out, free room and travel
Cons
Petri dish dorm atmosphere, expensive convenience store on campus, restaurant is a bit over priced as well.
The beginning
Professinal Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2017
I have to say they're more upscale in comparison to other companies. However, their driving program is accelerated; do not do it if you have a second thought. You will lose your money and potentially hurt yourself.

However, it is a matter of them finding the right mentor after trucking school.
Pros
Facilities, equipment, loads/work
Cons
Student driver program, time to transition from student to professional driver, safety program
wonderful place to get a good start on a career in trucking
Driver Trainee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
I had a good experience at CR England and got my CDL here. It's not easy and the instructors give you the information you need to get your License. However, it is up to you to study and work hard on the practice road and backing range. You must take responsibility for your learning and progress. Positive place to begin. Strong morals/values at the corporate level. I'd rate the experience as positive.
Pros
The information to get your CDL is here. Management cares about the students.
Cons
Long days.
Excellent training program, not so good to drive for unless you are a trainer.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2017
CR England's Premiere Truck Driver Training School is Excellent, but beware, some of the trainers can be abusive. The only way to make decent money with this Company is to become a trainer. If you don't want to do that, finish your 6 month to a year commitment and move on.
Pros
Good training. Most staff easy to get along with.
Cons
As a new driver you will be out 3 to 4 weeks at a time and not make a lot of money.
Great school to learn
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 23, 2017
First don't be upset with what your recruiter tells you. Just take the class and stay focus on why your there. The instructors will help you all the way. You'll meet a lot of new people from a lot of different places. have fun learning and don't listen to others. Listen to your instructors. They will help you every step of the way.
Darrell Ainsworth
Pros
Great Instructors, Meet new people, Drive the trucks
Cons
Bad recruitors
My C,R. England
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
C.R.England CDL training, helped me to obtain my CDL license, and also, provide all the help I need to get my career started has a Professional Truck Driver. C.R. England keeps you informed on everything you need to make your experience a lasting experience. I am very happy I made this decision to try C.R England CDL Training.
Pros
Make sure you talk with your recruiter, about personal things you will not.
Cons
listen ti you instructor only.
Good company to start a driving career
New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 27, 2017
I like it I have no experience as a driver but the help me and explained to me what to expect most students think is easy or don't take it seriously it is a big company and they deal with a lot of students every week. Overall good company to start your driving career thank you C.R England
Pros
Good people hands on training and if you really want it they will help you
Cons
Waiting to get a trainer to go on the road
Very thorough but fun place to school at
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 2, 2017
I got my cdl in twelve days and was hired just today. These guys really do great at making you know the material. The school where you stay has everything you need for studying, eating, recreational fun, and much more. I would reccomend this place to anyone.
Pros
Good food, good staff, everything you need without having to leave facility
Cons
Share room with up to seven others, pay your own way for food most of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7