C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!
horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2015
I dont even want to do the review for the company! They treat you as if you don't even exist but to solidly work, and as breaks are mandatory that is the only time you will get to yourself. They never give you days off and they always mess up your paychecks and you will always be missing miles on your checks, you will also notice that getting a raise never happens with them unless you decide to train someone. Oh and did I mention they stick you with students that don't even know how to really do the job yet and expect you to learn from them.
Cons
pay sucks
Good company to start your career or jump back into the saddle...
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
Great equipment, dedicated drivers have a fairly good salary, but would be a great job of we were paid more... Overall I'm going to park it here for a while.
Pros
Good Equipment and you are home almost every weekend.
Cons
Better mileage pay and more miles.
it was a fun and productive place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
I love my job I just did not want to be over the road that long. the pay was not the greatest. The people I worked with were great and taught me a lot
Pros
was paid weekly, they offer great benefits.
Cons
over the road too long, didn't pay enough, communication skills were'nt great
Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 13, 2015
Upper management do not listen to onsite managers - leave managers out to dry for issues beyond their control.

The company spends too much time making IT solutions for employees them doing what could make employees happy.

Wants to improve driver turn over, but doesn't do anything to not make lower level managers have ability to treat driver like more them 3rd piece of machinery to make loads deliver.
Pros
N/A
Cons
High benefits costs, no room to advance, low pay, just all bad
Good start for new driver
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtAugust 12, 2015
Typical day at work was driving 8-9 hours with a few breaks in between. Learning was for the most part was very good, training and counseling was always available in numerous States. Management always made themselves readily available. Co-workers were team players, willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was often sharing the truck with a stranger/new driver. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were never alone, someone was always there with you.
Pros
Must be a people person
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits
Very closed attitudes with lots of politics and infratructure.
Western Reagional OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2016
went to CRE for additional training, certification and OJT hours and miles. Completed in-house certification in mid-August, Phase 1 training and OJT miles by Sep. and left with 1st P2 trainer on Oct 23 ; Kevin Green at WVC yard, UT, 2nd P2 trainer on Nov 20 at Bolt Harbor, Il, P2 upgrade took 2 days (admin delays!) from 4-5 Dec. On 6 Dec, drove home for R&R using POV Marvin, cleaned out all storage and accounts from WVC complex.
Transferred to Weastern Regional route with a pre-arrainged partner in Nampa ID, was cashiered when I turned down "training other students in my own truck" opportunity.
Pros
lots of work as long as you are fast enough and efficient enough.
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement or advanced training.
good place to work with lots of different people
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
I learned how to drive while working for them and they were good about keeping all their trucks moving and if the truck isn,t moving no one makes money(the name of the game) I felt like a smaller company was more to my liking.
Pros
they offered all benefits
Cons
they are to big a company for me now
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
large privatly owned company
roadside service agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
typical day of work is to answer phones, diaginos mechanical repair issues, deal with repair shops thru estimate and billing.
Learned to use different forms of office programs, company software, tech data sheets. Management is a little hard to work with on some of the issues past supervisors have tried and failed with and doesn't include employee's input. Co-workers preform bonds thru friendship with others and work more as a team. Hardest part of the job was the amount of calls coming in and the poor scheduling of people needed to correctly handle the position.
Pros
monthly bonus program, vacation/sick time earnings, hourly wage
Cons
management my way or highway attitude, prefers no friendships between co-workers
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
Driving isn't for everyone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2015
A typical day was driving 9-10 hours a day. I learned how to drive an 18 wheeler (big rig). I have mixed feelings about the managers here. co-workers hmm, when it came to my classmates we got along great, when it came to the schooling it was fantastic, when it came to going on the road with a driver trainer it was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had. The hardest part of the job was being away from family for 3-4 weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going across this beautiful country and seeing new places while meeting new people.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
driver trainers
Lots of adventure and free travel
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2016
Great Place work, enjoyed traveling throughout the country. lots of miles and money. Never a dull moment, always sightseeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Great pay, free vacation
nice training bad career
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2015
trainers are good they teach you a lot of what you need to know to do your job. Most of the things they teach you don't always comply with company policy. Most of company policy makes it harder to do your job..Its best to be owner operator if you want to work with this company. The pay is terrible starting you out at 12 cent a mile and earn your way to 15 cents before you can move on to your career. terrible communication between your driver manager and you on loads. they treat you unprofessional and like children. I wouldn't recommend working here your bills wont get paid here.
Pros
its a good training school
Cons
the pay isn't compatable with other companys. not even minimum wage
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
Good Company with long hours. Low end pay grade.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
CR England is a driving school, if you have a good driving manager than your probably going to be better off rather than having a bad one, kind of hit or miss. They kept me busy with work and the insurance and other benefits were great. The pay was okay compared to other companies it was on the low end. If you don't have anything else to do its probably a perfect job for you, with only one day off a week. I learned a lot working here and got my CDL through them, all in all they are not too bad of a company as long as you have the time to put into it.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours and not High grade pay
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8