C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

bad management and bed home life
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
the management and avilbility to go home was bad. my supervisor would always be a reason to have to keep going. i was on the truck for one year straight. i lost everything with this company.
Pros
open road
Cons
bad management
scam
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Company is a scam trainer forced lease company. You will never be home and always be broke. You might not get paid. You might even starve. But you must serve the master. Lest you be of a subsidized tone.
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 20, 2016
the trucking company was a alright company to work for..I was hauling freight food to its destination..I had nice coworkers.This company taught me alot of things..
Driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 20, 2016
I went to school at C.R.England and was driving food freight to the destination route.It was a alright Company to work for when having no experience..
Starter company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INApril 13, 2016
Worked for England as a Otr truck driver for a month. Went out with a trainer for 180 hours then had to team drive for 6 months if wanted to solo. 1st week out on the road with partner he wrecked us in Nebraska. Team driving is not for me and your life is in someone else's hands. The pay sucked at $12 cents a mile. You can go to McDonald's and make more then with this company. If you just want to get experience and get out and not make money then go for it. They do have nice equipment and plenty of miles to offer on good side.
Pros
Good miles, nice terminals, nice trucks.
Cons
Team drive for 6 months, poor pay, no home time.
Great job until they cut my pay by 60% after 5 years of working for them
Senior Corporate Recruiter and Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
Not a fan of this company. Lots of empty promises and fluctuation of pay. The upper management only cares about filling their pockets with silver lining. I watched about 30 people go through the horrible lay offs and the bad company policies. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Taught me about mass recruiting
Cons
standard call center environment, horrible upper management
Chance for good money but must put the time in for it.
OTR/Intermodal Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2016
You're a truck driver, end of story. I've learned a great amount being a professional driver and the rules of the road, including handling weather. Driver managers seamed to do a fair job, sometimes better other days.
Pros
money, benefits
Cons
lack of home time
Lots of adventure and free travel
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2016
Great Place work, enjoyed traveling throughout the country. lots of miles and money. Never a dull moment, always sightseeing and meeting new people.
Pros
Great pay, free vacation
Great training for beginners
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2016
They give you the basics and if you are lucky to get a good trainer that cares and you have desire you will get the rest. Fleet managers need to ride in a truck for a month to get the feel for the problems many of their good drivers have to deal with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Good entry level training
Cons
Low pay, bad after hours help, too many mechanical break downs
Enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2016
Eight hours driving throughout the entire United States. Meeting delivery deadlines.

Management was a bit difficult as their communication skills were lacking. This was also the hardest part of the job.

The enjoyable part was being able to travel, meet new people and learn about how products shipped and delivered.
Pros
Seeing the country
Cons
Working with a disfunctional communication system.
Only started with them so I could get my CDL
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 31, 2016
The whole company is awful. You're put in trucks that barely work, loads that keep you from making decent miles, and you're lucky if you make more than 400 dollars a week. The trainers don't have any clue what they're doing, and half of them will try to force a female trainee to sleep with them, and driver managers will treat you as a lesser driver and not give you hardly any loads. Overall, I would rather work at McDonald's than work for them again.
they lied about layoff percentage
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2016
they were very good at helping you get your cdl but after that there thought were money and not training. my two trainer were more worried at getting me to drive so they get paid.
Pros
transport
Cons
training, helping you learn how to do simple things, not very infomational
Descent employer
OTR-Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2016
Not interested in saying much more than review summary. However, they gave me my training, first opportunity in obtaining a CDL, and OTR position.
Good experience and I learned a lot
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2016
I had a good overall experience and learned a lot but the pay they offered was not fulfilled. I spent many hours and even days in-between drop offs and pick ups and my pay check reflected that. Plus the after hours people were of little help.
Pros
Got payed every week
Cons
Pay was very little, like $400.00 a week.
Good company to start your career or jump back into the saddle...
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
Great equipment, dedicated drivers have a fairly good salary, but would be a great job of we were paid more... Overall I'm going to park it here for a while.
Pros
Good Equipment and you are home almost every weekend.
Cons
Better mileage pay and more miles.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2016
the trucking life is a hard place to be if you have family. Lonely dirty road with long hours by your self. takes a long time to get any where in the company and you still have to pass all the tests which I understand its " There policy "
Pros
none`
Managment is the worst!
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2016
If you love being told you are not good enough. This is a place for you! Managers always wanting to write you up if you had a bad week. They have changed the pay structure so many times it makes it so hard to get paid out at all. They don't have a good training program. Most team leads have to train new recruiters. There is alot of favortism.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Everything!

2.8