C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,215 reviews matching the search
over worked
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
Just spent to much time on the road. I would see my office space that I had to rent from by the way once a month if lucky. The pay was OK but never got time to enjoy it, because of work,
Exceptional Schooling and On the Job Training/Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R. England is your best route if you are looking to start a driving career without prior experience.

The school and complex is top class, and provides all proper tools needed in order to complete training and put you on the road.

While at the school I was given the utmost attention and education pertaining to my driving and was driven to success each day.

You won't believe the progress you will make in one week!

Best wishes!
Travis Beauman
Intro
New hire driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
As a new driver just entering the driver life my review can only encompass what I know.
The school is staffed with drivers that care about teaching newbies how to operate safely, how to park safely and verify your vehicle is safe to operate.
I feel that there are too many students being taught in such a short period of time.
The drive time and parking range time is too short, I'm being hired to drive safely and one week is not enough time to develop a good foundation before we get paired up with a trainer.
Pros
Driving and parking instructor is top shelf.
Cons
Too many students
Skilled instructors and team environment
New hire (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
I came as a student, and even though I was 3 days late my instructors worked with me relentlessly to ensure I was caught up and ready to go in time to be tested.
Pros
Great instruction, meeting new people
Cons
Come in with a straight head and you'll be fine, the microwaves in the kitchen are dirty.
my summary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
I like the job itself but I think that it could use some improvements. I feel that the recruiters should be honest with you from day 1 and that we should be able to stay in a better hotel.
I like C.R England
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R England is a good company. They still have a lot to work on though, if they want to be number 1 at everything and just smash the competition. I wish them the best of luck.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
overall great experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
Great experience fast passed instructors keep it real and lively. I believe that meals should be provided since most of us left families to come here.
Pros
hands on time
Cons
Have to provide all 3 meals out of pocket
Go look for work somewhere else
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAFebruary 22, 2017
These people really don't care about anyone I worked for them for almost two years they went through at least 6 different people in management. And they after 3 months working for them as a mechanic they will let u go
Professional staff
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2017
C R England is ran with a great professional environment along with a staff that is great. They treat you like family pointing out your good points and helping you enprove your short comings. They give you more than your far change to improve your life. They are not perfect but to me from what i have seem they give it there best shot. Some do not agree but C R England still hold out there hand to help all.
Pros
Great campas
Cons
Some students make fun of this work and not take things serious until they fail
Good place to start out. Schooling paid for up front.
Driver phase 2, 2nd seat (Current Employee) –  X fleetFebruary 20, 2017
C.R.England paid for my truck driver training. I filled in an on-line app and they got back to me the next day.
After attaining my cdl, they fairly quickly got me through the hiring paperwork, orientation, and into a motel to wait for the next driver trainer to pick me up, this took a few days I believe. Trainer was very friendly and helpful during the month I worked with him. I wish I had received more instruction and repetition in backing into docks, but the trainers have a lot on their plate. In short, if you are willing to work hard, and keep trying to soak up everything, you will succeed here.
You will initially have a hard time getting home in all likelihood. Home time is nice, but it can take longer than expected to get back on the road, depending on where you live.
Pros
Driver training paid for. Good culture in place with regard to training and safety.
Cons
Pay could be better, but the driver training is paid for so...

Want to know more about C.R. England?

Ask a question
nice enviroment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
Cool laid back environment. The people and employees are very respectable. I would recommend CR England to any of my friends
Pros
Get you road
Cons
Short breaks
straight foward job with good miles
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2017
my days usually consisted reviewing a load performing pre and post trips. driving to and from shippers or receivers in a safe manner then taking the proper breaks in between drive shifts. what ive learned is to always put safety first no matter what. management was ok. the work environment was pretty friendly. the hardest part of the job for me was being away from home a month at a time because you miss out on the small things. the most enjoyable would have to be linking up with fellow drivers who shared the same hobbies as i did.
Pros
consistent loads
Cons
pay rate could higher
Nobody should work for them
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2017
This company has no care in the world for its drivers. All it cares about is putting people in the school. Once you graduate and become a driver for them they throw you out with no help and put you with someone who only has 6 months more experience than yourself. They are about the government money for training new students. Its a total joke of a company.
Overall unstatisfied with company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 19, 2017
Company doesn't give raises, after being on the road for weeks an weeks they rush you away from home, poor interdepartmental communication.
Great school and company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 17, 2017
The classame is fast paced and they teach you a lot of info in a short time. The instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. If you listen to what they tell you and apply it to driving the truck then you'll be a safe driver.
Pros
Short class
Cons
Takes a lil longer than the recruiters tell you
Great school with awesome instructors
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2017
Cr england was a great experience for me, it has a good school with awesome instructors. Over all i had an awesome experience.
Pros
hired after training
Cons
living quarters oof four or more students
Great place to be, fast pace work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2017
I attended the school and got my CDL in days! I love how fast pace it is. Its properly orgnized enough to get the job done. I am verry pleased with CR England.
Pros
Free room, good friendly people, grate trainers
Cons
You have to pay for your own food
Fast paced but worth it
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2017
Very fast paced easy for experienced requires dedication. If your looking just for a "job" you'll waste your and their time if you are looking for a career and understand the commitment that requires you'll be very happy with the outcome plain and simple.
Pros
Trainers, simplicity, cleanliness
Cons
Recruiters should be more forthcoming
Great opertunities
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work for and great training. Teachers, trainers, and other employees are very helpful and polite. Fast pase quick learning great experience
Great Company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahFebruary 15, 2017
Great job opportunities!

I really enjoyed training here. The instruction is thorough and safety oriented. Also, the job placement is guaranteed.
Pros
Paid training.
Cons
There is no home time or days off during the first two months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7