C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,223 reviews matching the search
Everything was easy to understand
Phase 1 driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed the classes. They broke everything down to make it easy to understand. They work with you to make sure you understand what you need to do to pass the tests.
Pros
Fast paced classes.
Cons
Up to 8 people per room.
CR England school and job
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 24, 2017
Get instructors teach a lot very informative. Love that you have job when done with school. All employees are nice and supportive. Like that there is a shuttle to take you to stores.
Pros
Paid CDL training
Cons
Dorm life
Fast paced
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Quick school good instructor's and good equipment.
They will get you out on the road fast and earning a living.
Bring your own food and money for At least 2 weeks.
Pros
Good program
Cons
Bring your own food
Great place too start
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
I feel like the school is a great place to go if you are looking at getting your CDL, the dorms are kinda crowded and the store is kinda pricey but you learn a lot from your instructors!
Pros
Great instructors
Cons
Having to pay for your own meals
great company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
C.R.England is a good company to work for they are very professional and have good management. only thing is that they are an OTR company but great miles.
Pros
good miles
Cons
little hometime
Productive and educational
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
They want you to succeed. They are educational and productive.
They want you to make it. They are filled with education and the tools you need to succeed. They are also productive.
Pros
Educational
Cons
N/a
Great school to learn
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 23, 2017
First don't be upset with what your recruiter tells you. Just take the class and stay focus on why your there. The instructors will help you all the way. You'll meet a lot of new people from a lot of different places. have fun learning and don't listen to others. Listen to your instructors. They will help you every step of the way.
Darrell Ainsworth
Pros
Great Instructors, Meet new people, Drive the trucks
Cons
Bad recruitors
Great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 23, 2017
Didnt take long school was great. Tester was nice instructors were great manger was nice teachers were great food at facility was a lil expensive but it taste grate. Staff was wonderful
over worked
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
Just spent to much time on the road. I would see my office space that I had to rent from by the way once a month if lucky. The pay was OK but never got time to enjoy it, because of work,
Exceptional Schooling and On the Job Training/Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R. England is your best route if you are looking to start a driving career without prior experience.

The school and complex is top class, and provides all proper tools needed in order to complete training and put you on the road.

While at the school I was given the utmost attention and education pertaining to my driving and was driven to success each day.

You won't believe the progress you will make in one week!

Best wishes!
Travis Beauman
Intro
New hire driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
As a new driver just entering the driver life my review can only encompass what I know.
The school is staffed with drivers that care about teaching newbies how to operate safely, how to park safely and verify your vehicle is safe to operate.
I feel that there are too many students being taught in such a short period of time.
The drive time and parking range time is too short, I'm being hired to drive safely and one week is not enough time to develop a good foundation before we get paired up with a trainer.
Pros
Driving and parking instructor is top shelf.
Cons
Too many students
Skilled instructors and team environment
New hire (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
I came as a student, and even though I was 3 days late my instructors worked with me relentlessly to ensure I was caught up and ready to go in time to be tested.
Pros
Great instruction, meeting new people
Cons
Come in with a straight head and you'll be fine, the microwaves in the kitchen are dirty.
my summary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
I like the job itself but I think that it could use some improvements. I feel that the recruiters should be honest with you from day 1 and that we should be able to stay in a better hotel.
I like C.R England
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
C.R England is a good company. They still have a lot to work on though, if they want to be number 1 at everything and just smash the competition. I wish them the best of luck.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
overall great experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 22, 2017
Great experience fast passed instructors keep it real and lively. I believe that meals should be provided since most of us left families to come here.
Pros
hands on time
Cons
Have to provide all 3 meals out of pocket
Go look for work somewhere else
Driver (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAFebruary 22, 2017
These people really don't care about anyone I worked for them for almost two years they went through at least 6 different people in management. And they after 3 months working for them as a mechanic they will let u go
Professional staff
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2017
C R England is ran with a great professional environment along with a staff that is great. They treat you like family pointing out your good points and helping you enprove your short comings. They give you more than your far change to improve your life. They are not perfect but to me from what i have seem they give it there best shot. Some do not agree but C R England still hold out there hand to help all.
Pros
Great campas
Cons
Some students make fun of this work and not take things serious until they fail
Good place to start out. Schooling paid for up front.
Driver phase 2, 2nd seat (Current Employee) –  X fleetFebruary 20, 2017
C.R.England paid for my truck driver training. I filled in an on-line app and they got back to me the next day.
After attaining my cdl, they fairly quickly got me through the hiring paperwork, orientation, and into a motel to wait for the next driver trainer to pick me up, this took a few days I believe. Trainer was very friendly and helpful during the month I worked with him. I wish I had received more instruction and repetition in backing into docks, but the trainers have a lot on their plate. In short, if you are willing to work hard, and keep trying to soak up everything, you will succeed here.
You will initially have a hard time getting home in all likelihood. Home time is nice, but it can take longer than expected to get back on the road, depending on where you live.
Pros
Driver training paid for. Good culture in place with regard to training and safety.
Cons
Pay could be better, but the driver training is paid for so...
nice enviroment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
Cool laid back environment. The people and employees are very respectable. I would recommend CR England to any of my friends
Pros
Get you road
Cons
Short breaks
straight foward job with good miles
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2017
my days usually consisted reviewing a load performing pre and post trips. driving to and from shippers or receivers in a safe manner then taking the proper breaks in between drive shifts. what ive learned is to always put safety first no matter what. management was ok. the work environment was pretty friendly. the hardest part of the job for me was being away from home a month at a time because you miss out on the small things. the most enjoyable would have to be linking up with fellow drivers who shared the same hobbies as i did.
Pros
consistent loads
Cons
pay rate could higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7