C.R. England Employee Reviews

I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
First phase of training.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2016
DMs dont call. They arent worried about you like you are told at school. Was informed that they are to be helping you and get more info thats beneficial for you and the company. Fast paced course. Which is good. Starting pay absolutely sucks. Especially for driving and 80000 missle down the road. Starting pay still needs to be a bit more. Glad my trainer is giving me as much time behind the wheel that he is. He does understand !
Pros
Career, Benefits, See the country, For the most part you are your own boss
Cons
Not enough home time. Other companies offer better. Even for the begining guys and gals.
Fast paced and motivated staff
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2016
Each day was a new challenge, with constant pressure from management to beat new and increasingly challenging goals we were forced to run a tight ship and meet any deadlines at the expense of our entire team. I liked working in such a cohesive unit but the weak links seemed to make things especially difficult and strenuous during low financial periods. Every one had pressure and drive to impress, but the emotional stress was evident. it wasn't necessarily the place to make friends, the bonus structure within the operations environment seemed to pit departments against one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming in every morning to a clean list of on-time loads, tracking production and making home time promises to my drivers, I really enjoyed the momentum of starting out on top each day.
Pros
Ability to move up, work with anyone, nice facilities and updated equipment, benefits (401K, health, dental etc)
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Great learning experience
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
The driver training is great,lot of useful information.The instructors are very patient and kind,even on the testing day the instructor was very pleasant to work with.....thanks for the great experience CR England.
Pros
Great instructors.
Cons
No compensation during school.
C.R. England
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Mamou, LAOctober 26, 2016
Its was a new experiment for me I love the views and the school was pretty cool the classes was long but I learned a lot and the courses was fast but I had some good teacher
Pros
Free food and prices is high
Benefits
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
I would give a D (grade)
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
CR england is a poorly managed company, I drove over the road, I envoyed exploring America, been to 44 states. However the salary is low, and the company reputation is horrible.
Pros
Cana easily advance
Cons
Low salary, poor management
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses
A good starter company
Truck Driver, Truck Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2016
They were the company who first gave me a chance in trucking and for that I am grateful. I think their school did a pretty good job preparing me. I picked it up quickly and it was a perfect fit for me .Also, they let me train other new students a short while after I started my driving career. I was a great opportunity and I'm grateful.
Pros
a great school that got me started in trucking industry.
Cons
a good starter job, but easily found better pay and benefits after just a couple years experience.
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
C.R. England
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
To start off the recruiters lied to me. Told me I'd be making more money then the job I was at. Since I've been here you don't get paid a decent amount until about 6 months in the job. Also During training you have to pay and wait for everything. A lot of stuff you don't know until you get here. Its a good way to get started with your CDL. Basically a starter company if you don't have a family nor bills. But other then the job, the school itself is pretty good. The instructors and management are pretty cool and I met a lot of nice people here. But I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone to work.
Pros
Get cdl quick
Cons
You pay for everything, no home time, and doest pay good
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Great place to get started!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2016
I have no complaints other than that the Texas school was not up to par on their training...I just wish I would have come here to Salt Lake to begin with. It is a great facility with awesome instructors who teach at a high level to get you on a truck with a trainer in as little as 2 weeks. The curriculum and training is there you just have to apply yourself and take action. Although they don't feed you, you're getting a FREE education, a place to stay while training, and a guaranteed job/career once completed. Just bring enough money (about a months worth) for your food and license testing and your good. They teach at a fast pace but are there if you need additional training. Above all, be prepared for life on the road because that's exactly what this is. Good luck and have fun!
Pros
Free education and a rewarding career
Cons
Having to switch schools because of lack of training at previous school
Chained to the truck, even when you are not driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2016
CR England has a great driving School, called Premier. Instructor were great and they made it easy to pick the concepts up. Driving for them was a little stressful, and Driver Managers made it that way. Drive, Drive, Drive that is all they wanted from you and asking for some home time made it seem like you had to fight the Driver Managers to give it to you. Home time was promised and then taken back every time.
Pay was not all that great, some drivers lived on peanut-butter and bread, or cup of noodles. You spent a lot of time at docks and little way in compensation.
Pros
School
Cons
Pay (lack of)
As a school, it's a good company. is a place to get experience, it is also a good company.
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  4701 West 2100 5 Salt Lake City Utah 84021October 27, 2016
Pre-trip tractor and trailer, Also do a pre-trip for your route.Drive about seven and a half hours. Take a 30-minute break. Drive 2 more hours. Use your 11th Hour, Which is your last hour, To look for a place to safely shut down. Do post-trip on truck and trailer. Complete paperwork, Incomplete your electronic logs and approval them. Take about 30 minutes to clean your work area. Eat and prepare for sleep. And the mist of the 11 hour work day.I am dealing with the general public, Rush hour traffic, Small back routes, All types Weather and road conditions. All while maintaining safety and time management.
Pros
able to pretty much Be Your Own Boss day today
Cons
too much alone time. almost like solitary confinement
SLC schooling
Trainee/ employee (Current Employee) –  Salt LakeNovember 6, 2016
I'm a new hire just entering my phase 1 training. Was sent to the Salt Lake City facility and must say I've received very good training. It is fast paced so you MUST apply yourself 100% to succeed here. The trainers and staff are very helpful to you if you APPLY YOURSELF. No home time until your phase 1 is complete, ( about a month after you get hired), which I understand as the school is, again, fast paced so it is necessary to have the extra drive time and training in the real world. Overall I'm very pleased with my choice to come to C.R. England to start my new career.
Pros
Fast paced, if you APPLY yourself, you will get your CDL class A and training.
Cons
Food is expensive, classes are generally long and is 7 days a week
Chance for good money but must put the time in for it.
OTR/Intermodal Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2016
You're a truck driver, end of story. I've learned a great amount being a professional driver and the rules of the road, including handling weather. Driver managers seamed to do a fair job, sometimes better other days.
Pros
money, benefits
Cons
lack of home time
Ok job
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2016
C.R. England provided me with a job during one of my lowest points in life. I appreciate the team for their efforts. Will not return to this company; better benefits are desired.

2.5