C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

C.R. England is a great company
V.P. Driver Relation (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
C.R. England has great people that make the business successful. There is a hard working attitude and the culture is one of accountability. The company works hard to do the right thing and strives to be the best in the industry
Pros
Financial success based on performance
Cons
Very competitive industry
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses
selfish atmosphere
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
they do not pay well at all but will work you around the clock no man can survive on 300 bucks a week.but the training is great they take through every step to get your cdl but money is the problem
They are trying to make it better
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2016
It’s not a perfect company! But what company is? The reality is upper management is well aware of all the issues facing the company including employee satisfaction. They spend a great deal of time trying to identify and fix the issues. A lot of other companies simply don’t care. Their hearts are in the right place, however it’s a larger company and not everyone has the same mindset. As a result change is slow in coming. However, I appreciate their continued efforts to make things right for their employees.
Eneregetic, Fast Paced, Detail Oriented, High Stress, Must work as a team
After Hours Swap Specialist, Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2016
My typical day at work was from 4pm to 8am I was swap specialist on after hour crew. I was the person everyone turned to if they had a load failing due to late pick up, late departure, driver hours, breakdown, driver home time, etc... It was my job to locate a truck within reasonable miles that would swap out to save the failing load and make sure other truck could deliver on time service as well all over the united state. I learned to pre plan look ahead and write down where drivers were ahead, I learned how to make both drivers happy. I learned how hard the drivers have it nd most of all I learned that I was working with an awesome team, we all helped each other every might.
My co workers were and are like family we all new what each persons strong skills were thank impart from the very best teacher our direct manager he believed in guided us and never put us down.
The best part of my jpb was being with my team every night knowing that each one of us made a difference and of course building good driver relationships.
Pros
Great manager, Great team, Helping Drivers, Saving Loads, Making a difference
Cons
long hours, no one to cover if ill
bad things
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2016
okay so another job review that I have already done... this time this job was actually pretty horrible they made me drive in a blizzard with an empty trailer then blamed me and fired me when the wind blew it into a ditch ... that basically sums up my experience...
Good company.
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2016
Good company with decent miles and pretty good driver managers. The planners need a little help and more home time would have worked better.
Usaf
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed the Military ! I started with no experience at anything and learned so much it wasn't even funny !! I meet so many people and learned what truly bad supervision and management can cause. I learned that great team work wins the battles and wars every time.
Self Starter
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, VAMay 14, 2016
this company was not a bad company to work for the pay could have been better. Great relation ship with the management team.
Pros
Self Starter
Cons
pay
Ok job
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2016
C.R. England provided me with a job during one of my lowest points in life. I appreciate the team for their efforts. Will not return to this company; better benefits are desired.

Want to know more about C.R. England?

Ask a question
Worst place to work for....bar none!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
No integrity what so ever. Corporate environment is completely messed up. No one knows what anyone is doing and the communication is not just lacking.....it's non-existent!

I had a recruiter tell me that England really stands for "Everybody leaves in 90 days". If you want a short term place, with no communication and no one that does what they say they will do....England is your place. Two major thumbs down!!!
Pros
Cons
No integrity, No training, no communication
Fun Adventurous Job
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2016
Seeing different places was amazing. Being on a dedicated account allowed me a higher paying opportunity, though still lower than standard industry rate. Which became an issue.
Great Training
Commercial Driver in Training (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 2, 2016
I love driving , very peaceful for the most part. There are natural stresses; rush hour, weather, night driving, weird people on the road.Each individual helps each other out. Can be tough in winter conditions.
Pros
Set hours within delivery time frames, freedom for the most part.
Cons
low initial pay, weather delays mean loss of pay (cant drive = pay delay from waiting)
bad management and bed home life
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2016
the management and avilbility to go home was bad. my supervisor would always be a reason to have to keep going. i was on the truck for one year straight. i lost everything with this company.
Pros
open road
Cons
bad management
scam
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
Company is a scam trainer forced lease company. You will never be home and always be broke. You might not get paid. You might even starve. But you must serve the master. Lest you be of a subsidized tone.
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 20, 2016
the trucking company was a alright company to work for..I was hauling freight food to its destination..I had nice coworkers.This company taught me alot of things..

2.8