C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

Safe and great workplace safety is always a must
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt lake city utAugust 26, 2016
Overall great place so far wish they didn't required so much training because that just puts you farther away from making good money but at the same time I do understand why. Dorm rooms are clean everybody is very professional instructors are the best I learned alot even tjough I had my class a for three years I still learned more so don't go in thinking you don't need it because you do.
Pros
Professional people
Cons
Doesn't pay alot starting out and training to long
Great training
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2016
For those that have there clp this is a fast paced company to get your training and then your cdl. They help you get used to your long days as a driver by filling your time with classes and training courses. This is not a company for the feint of heart as they are a zero tolerance company for drugs, alcohol and stupidity. You follow their rules and give your time to the training they provide, there isn't any reason you wont be hired or pass your test for that matter.
Pros
Experienced instructors
Cons
Stupid people that prevent you from getting your training done in a timely manner, not always enough drive time for training.
Good Company, Lots to do, Room for advancement and higher pay
Training Field Operations Instructor (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
Big Company, some flaws within the environment they are trying to create. Nonetheless, they are trying to create an environment that is fun and enjoyable. I give them credit for that. Most of the personnel have great work ethics and care about others. Good Place to work.
Pros
Fun, Exciting, Different, Pay Increases
Cons
A lot of your time is going to be held to push out the constant workflow, However, the more you work, the more you make
Worst company to work for
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 7, 2016
C.R. England will teach you how to drive a Semi+Trailer and charge you $6000+ If you leave them within 9 months. You are put under contract for those 9 months, good luck seeing your family. You will work normally 14 hours a day and drive maximum of 11 hours of the 14. On average will will work 70 hours a week but being paid only 14-16 cents a mile. average pay per week is only $600 after taxes FOR 70 HOURS a week and no home time.

C.R. England is by far the worst company to learn from and drive for. Most companies are flexible with their drivers and treat them with respect, but not this company.
Pros
Seeing the contry
Cons
literally everything else
I really enjoyed working with most of the people.
Invoicing Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2016
I would enter information into the system so vendors could get paid out. I would assist vendors with C.O.D payments for work that was performed on C.R. England units.
I learned that no matter how big the company is they will let you go and tell someone else to pick up the slack.
Co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was that the rules changed everyday. I really did enjoy going to work and being there with my co-workers. I loved my job.
The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage
This place is the worst company off all time
Student (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJuly 25, 2016
I hate this place with a passion they are a bunch of liars telling stuff about the company but to find out it's a different ball game they sucking you in with good things they promise but it's a lie avoid this company at all cost... If you don't you'll see why I said this and then if you want to go home good luck if you can't buy your own ticket you'll be stuck here like me no way to get back home...
Mother was boss and had flexible hours
Clerical, customer service, and management duties (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2016
My mother was in need of help so she asked me. I would go in and take care of paperwork and perform clerical duties. There was very flexible hours and worked well with my busy high school schedule. I learned how to keep things organized and how to do things timely. I loved the co-workers and worked well with everyone. My job was not what I loved which often made it hard and tough. The most enjoyable part was that I was around my mother and the flexibility of hours.
An educational first stepper to the Wild life of trucking
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
A typical day Starts with unlimited sky and road. Only one thing to focus "Drive Drive Drive". IT was a good sight seeing of the Highway life in US. The Management was poor as relative to many company that I've worked befor. Most of my co-workers were nice and hard working people. Many of them were having a hard time to deal with the stress load. Most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing and understanding the planning and Designing of Good Country of USA.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
They are trying to make it better
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2016
It’s not a perfect company! But what company is? The reality is upper management is well aware of all the issues facing the company including employee satisfaction. They spend a great deal of time trying to identify and fix the issues. A lot of other companies simply don’t care. Their hearts are in the right place, however it’s a larger company and not everyone has the same mindset. As a result change is slow in coming. However, I appreciate their continued efforts to make things right for their employees.
Fun work place with pool table and video games
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2016
When I received my dispatch by qualcom, I would do a pre-trip on the tractor and trailer to make sure all equipment was in proper working conditions. I would then proceed to my pickup location and back into a dock so I could be loaded . I would pick of the bills of laden after i was loaded and proceeded to map out my route to my delivery. Depending on how far the load was going I would have to stay overnight at truck stop or rest area. When arrived at the receiver I gave them the bills of laden and pulled into a dock to get unloaded. the hardest part of the job was the long hours of driving and not making enough money. But the best part of the job was being able to travel an see different city and states.
Pros
travelling to different cities and states for the first time
Cons
hardly no home time. long hours of driving
Worst place to work for....bar none!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2016
No integrity what so ever. Corporate environment is completely messed up. No one knows what anyone is doing and the communication is not just lacking.....it's non-existent!

I had a recruiter tell me that England really stands for "Everybody leaves in 90 days". If you want a short term place, with no communication and no one that does what they say they will do....England is your place. Two major thumbs down!!!
Pros
Cons
No integrity, No training, no communication
Good company to work for and happy to see such good instructors in the future.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 16, 2016
Today I am very happy because I recently get my dreams at c.r England someone like who have ambition have the right come to this palce.
Crengland is a company that helps every one every races and as well as gender.
Thanks CREngland teams about your efforts and hardworking.
A good company to start your career.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2016
I've learned a lot coming into this career. Learning how to handle a tractor/trailer safely as possible. Everyday was a challenge because of your surroundings, so it was different each day. Management was decent, not the best. They do care about your safety, which is their number one concern. my team partner was an awesome guy, who I got a long, with no problems. If you like to be away from home and travel, well here you go
Fun Work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2016
Driving across the United States was a very beautiful job the management wasn't that great didn't really have co workers I knew as I was on the road the hardest part was driving in snow which I was safe at but you have to drive very slow and careful but I enjoyed driving and seeing all the states
Pros
All the breaks i want
Cons
Alot of driving and sitting
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
self management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2016
Delivering products, dropping off trailers, picking up a new one. the most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with people, working as a team to complete a task problem solving co workers I work side by side.
The down fall of my job is waiting around some times for 24hrs or longer for a load in another state. So really not having a set time frame of when an item is ready for pick up.
Pros
experience
Cons
being away from home

2.8