C.R. England Employee Reviews in United States

The envorinment of the company was a great place to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was driving across United States seeing various unique places that I have never been or seen and what did I learn is how to operated an Big Truck and learned different cultures.
Management was very efficient and helpful to employees. The hardest part of my job was driving throughout the night. The most enjoyable about my job was that I got the see tropical states, cities, with a great environment and culture and the blue skies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
worst company to work for
driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2016
The pay is the worst in the business. An management sucks no home time and if you ask for home time good luck getting it. The pay is below min wage and you will go broke being on the road. If you want to loose everything you own go to work for them.
They were a scandalous company.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 25, 2016
We only got home about every 6 weeks. They put us on DSL runs that were not capable of completing on time. Our DM was incompetent.
Pros
we were our own boss. LOL.
Cons
We would be stuck on the East Coast of days with no reimbursement.
the culture is to put out as many drivers as they can as soon as they can
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2016
I received my training and was given a student even before they gave me a truck to drive. I had just finished my training and now they expected me to train new students. for me that does not make any sense. I should have been given the opportunity to drive for the company for at the very least about six months before expecting me to train students. The thing that made me upset was that the students I got were getting home time before I was.
Pros
i did get my cdl
Cons
no home time like the recruiter had said
I would give a D (grade)
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
CR england is a poorly managed company, I drove over the road, I envoyed exploring America, been to 44 states. However the salary is low, and the company reputation is horrible.
Pros
Cana easily advance
Cons
Low salary, poor management
Hires Drivers With Road Rage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 15, 2016
A C.R. England driver hauling a Wal-Mart trailer intentionally tried to run me off the road as I passed him on AZ State Hwy 187. The driver is a white haired, white bearded old man with a blue rig. California plates 2082439. Wal-Mart trailer #128201. The driver waved his arms, made hand gestures and yelled profanities out his window as he was forcing us out of our lane.

Nice type of people you hire C.R. England, I bet you are real proud of this one!

Lets hope he doesn't kill someone while on your clock!
Cons
Hires Drivers with Road Rage
Poor pay
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2016
Learned how to operate a semi-truck. everything about the company was horrible would not recommend this company to anyone.
Mother was boss and had flexible hours
Clerical, customer service, and management duties (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2016
My mother was in need of help so she asked me. I would go in and take care of paperwork and perform clerical duties. There was very flexible hours and worked well with my busy high school schedule. I learned how to keep things organized and how to do things timely. I loved the co-workers and worked well with everyone. My job was not what I loved which often made it hard and tough. The most enjoyable part was that I was around my mother and the flexibility of hours.
An educational first stepper to the Wild life of trucking
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
A typical day Starts with unlimited sky and road. Only one thing to focus "Drive Drive Drive". IT was a good sight seeing of the Highway life in US. The Management was poor as relative to many company that I've worked befor. Most of my co-workers were nice and hard working people. Many of them were having a hard time to deal with the stress load. Most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing and understanding the planning and Designing of Good Country of USA.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
They are called something else now, and has new owners.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 27, 2016
The review that I would have for this company is possibly no longer valid. However, the community was what I valued the most.
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
CR England
Driver Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working for CR England because I've always had an opportunity to better my self as a professional. I have had a lot of opportunities to advance in a short amount of time. I also get the benefit of helping drivers on a daily basis. This is a great company that has a lot to offer.
C.R. England is a great company
V.P. Driver Relation (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
C.R. England has great people that make the business successful. There is a hard working attitude and the culture is one of accountability. The company works hard to do the right thing and strives to be the best in the industry
Pros
Financial success based on performance
Cons
Very competitive industry
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses
selfish atmosphere
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2016
they do not pay well at all but will work you around the clock no man can survive on 300 bucks a week.but the training is great they take through every step to get your cdl but money is the problem
They are trying to make it better
Marketing (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2016
It’s not a perfect company! But what company is? The reality is upper management is well aware of all the issues facing the company including employee satisfaction. They spend a great deal of time trying to identify and fix the issues. A lot of other companies simply don’t care. Their hearts are in the right place, however it’s a larger company and not everyone has the same mindset. As a result change is slow in coming. However, I appreciate their continued efforts to make things right for their employees.
Eneregetic, Fast Paced, Detail Oriented, High Stress, Must work as a team
After Hours Swap Specialist, Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2016
My typical day at work was from 4pm to 8am I was swap specialist on after hour crew. I was the person everyone turned to if they had a load failing due to late pick up, late departure, driver hours, breakdown, driver home time, etc... It was my job to locate a truck within reasonable miles that would swap out to save the failing load and make sure other truck could deliver on time service as well all over the united state. I learned to pre plan look ahead and write down where drivers were ahead, I learned how to make both drivers happy. I learned how hard the drivers have it nd most of all I learned that I was working with an awesome team, we all helped each other every might.
My co workers were and are like family we all new what each persons strong skills were thank impart from the very best teacher our direct manager he believed in guided us and never put us down.
The best part of my jpb was being with my team every night knowing that each one of us made a difference and of course building good driver relationships.
Pros
Great manager, Great team, Helping Drivers, Saving Loads, Making a difference
Cons
long hours, no one to cover if ill
bad things
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2016
okay so another job review that I have already done... this time this job was actually pretty horrible they made me drive in a blizzard with an empty trailer then blamed me and fired me when the wind blew it into a ditch ... that basically sums up my experience...
Good company.
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2016
Good company with decent miles and pretty good driver managers. The planners need a little help and more home time would have worked better.
Usaf
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed the Military ! I started with no experience at anything and learned so much it wasn't even funny !! I meet so many people and learned what truly bad supervision and management can cause. I learned that great team work wins the battles and wars every time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8