C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,542 reviews matching the search
Awesome
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Great company....................
The Pay is ok for most people....
Great training and staff........
The try to accommodate the drivers as much as they can..
great company
Solo OTR driver turned teams (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2017
great for getting your foot in the cdl industry door but I'm a veteran driver so money is not what I deserve. super management team and company as a whole
Pros
see the country no management over your shoulder if you do your job
Cons
money good for newbys not veteran drivers
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
A very traditional trucking company that helps all of its students succeed. The instructors here are amazing and have all the skills necessary to train their students to get ahead in their future career.
Good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Very hands on and fast paced. They break down truck driving to a science. I would highly recommend them. Be prepared to study an you will have no issues.
Fun work place
Student driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Great staff. Great trainers. Living quarters are ok but other people could make it suck at times. Other than that good company to work for and get quality CDL training.
Pros
Relaxe work environment
Cons
Pay for your own food. No kitchen so you cant cook. Force to eat noodles or eat out everyday
Fun work place
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2017
Gives you plenty of free time to do what you need to do, the work place is fun! The people here are very friendly. The instructors are awesome and carrying
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Shirt breaks
Productive and Dangerous workplace
Tech Drive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
I liked their train to hire program but for the amount of time I drove daily i feel the compensation isn't enough. Driving long hours in a tractor-trailer is very Dangerous as is and adding bad weather and mountains exponentially increased the danger. The pay didn't compensate for that danger
Pros
Paid weekly, benefits, and cdl certification
Cons
long driving hours, dangerous routes, and light pay
Poor Management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionSeptember 16, 2017
With them just starting up, corporate has yet to offer "official" training. It's hard to do a good job when no one really knows what they are doing. One minute a procedure will be one way and you follow through but get in trouble when it changes and no one has informed you.
It's ok
International truck diver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
Ok.. Just not for me... Driver managing unorganized...it's hard sometimes to get to the person you need to talk to.... Driver mangers do not work together...
Pros
Good of you want to see America
Cons
Not good of you want to be home ...unorganized
Poor driver relations
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2017
The least concern C R England had was their driver fitness. Poor training, reclass drivers, minimal home time, marginal equipment.

Individual managers were OK, but senior management was detached.
Pros
work
Cons
condidtions
dispatchers are a#@(*&^%
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2017
the dispatchers are the problem,you have to threaten to quit to get home time,,every time you want to go home . some new drivers don`t get home time for 6 months,so i was told by 4 different drivers at different times.
Good learning environment
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2017
C.R. England was a great company to go to school for trucking at. But once you got past the schooling, you were coerced into applying for a lease. If your driver manager decided against giving you the appropriate mileage, you would make enough to pay the truck lease, eat and not much more. As in many other organizations in the transportation industry, there seemed to be a core group of drivers who were beneficiaries of the better trips on a regular basis while others were mop-up drivers, designated to the less lucrative runs. The company would put drivers into a situation where they would make money for the company but drivers couldn't pay their bills.
Pros
Great school for truckers
Cons
Lack of opportunity
there ok for starting out to get into trucking
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2017
they dont pay what they really should but if they benefit ur life then go for it, u just have to go above and beyond for less pay and its just not fair
Stepping stone in the diesel industry
WESTERN REGIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
I have aquired many skills in the shor time with c.R.England. I managed to know more about my truck and road and how to safely navigate it in a safe way. It was a good way to start my career with a class a cdl license.
Pros
Home pay
Cons
Short breaks
Over the road driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
My only experience as a commercial truck driver. I was part of a team driving across the country in winter time. I had trouble sleeping while the other person was driving which made me very tired and paranoid while driving.
Cons
Always eating while driving
Poor pay
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Poor pay for miles traveled. Hard time getting home for home time and vacation. Few miles, hard to live on salary. Electronic logs really dipped into the pay check.
Great people, management actually cared about me as a person.
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
I learned alot of account payable and account receivable roles/duties. Lots of problem solving. The trucking company in general is interesting and so much to learn.
Pros
Management was amazing. I love my team. Great people and very relaxed and open communication
Cons
Don't pay their employees in the admin side very well no matter what their experience is, not alot of room for MGMT growth, SAM or Agents get special treatment and are favored
Great place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 11, 2017
I've had so much fun working here, having no cdl experience, I've learned a lot from the instructors during school and from the trainers as well. This is a great place to work if your looking to be in this field.
Pros
Cons
Patients is required
Great School, not for everyone.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2017
CR England is great, but it's not for everyone. You have to be dedicated if you want to make a go of it here. Everything is fast paced and long days. And it weeds out those who don't really care. The biggest thing is to open. Your ears and listen. Because no matter where you go on campus here there's something to learn. I got my CDL in 12 days on the first try. The only negative I have is that the wait for a trainer can be a little lengthy. I would recommend CR England all day.
Pros
Great school, fast paced, decent pay
Cons
Wait time for trainer after cdl
Excellent training but long wait to get started
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2017
Waiting nearly 2 weeks to start actually driving. Don't get any actual pay while waiting for a trainer and if you leave before you receive a trainer you are put at the bottom of the list.
Pros
$25 per diem
Cons
Long waits on trainers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7