C.R. England

C.R. England United States Employee Reviews

Not Driver Friendly
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 29, 2015
You will never get treated like a person with this company. They have gotten so used to high turnovers you are treated like a number not a person. If you want any home time, definitely look somewhere else
Definitely a job for someone single without a family
Company Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2015
Pros: Travel, constantly meeting new people, great pay
Cons: No home time
My time as an employee for CR England was a great learning experience. I was able to see most of the country and learned a lot dealing with the public which normally is behind the scene. I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis and being that each and every day I delivered to companies in different states really allowed my confidence to grow.
Good Company with long hours. Low end pay grade.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Long Hours and not High grade pay
CR England is a driving school, if you have a good driving manager than your probably going to be better off rather than having a bad one, kind of hit or miss. They kept me busy with work and the insurance and other benefits were great. The pay was okay compared to other companies it was on the low end. If you don't have anything else to do its probably a perfect job for you, with only one day off a week. I learned a lot working here and got my CDL through them, all in all they are not too bad of a company as long as you have the time to put into it.
Great company to start out with
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2015
Pros: State of the art Terminals. Good equipment
Cons: time away from home. pay. benefits
Great company to help you get your cdl. Pay is not great especially if you want to be a solo lease operator or owner operator. Too many expenses.
They don't care about their workers
Instructor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 22, 2015
Pros: paid per hour
Cons: they are con people. I feel bad for the people they screwed over
I was working for them for a lot of years and gave a month submission to terminate employment. I found out later they pu me as termed and gave me a bad review to future employers. It's almost sad how they do people even when they gave their all for them. Stay away the family cares about no one but themselves and their money they can pocket.
Good
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee), Chesterton, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Home time
Good training company. Great people.Home time was the only problem. They do work with you when you have any problems. I would work for them again if they have a local or regional position open. Pay is as expected for a training company.
underwriter
Underwriter/Clearer (Former Employee), slc,utApril 7, 2015
Approved and denied drivers Applications for employment. Researched criminal/ Traffic information. Contacted courts, Department Of Motor Vehicles, Insurance Agency’s, Verified employment History, Verified Dot. Contacted applicant for feather required information. Verified and scanned in all required documation.
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR
Truck driver (Former Employee), Colton, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: no time home
Truck driver, drove OTR safely. Drove 90,000 miles OTR. Daily DVI, Inspections daily. Pick up freight and delivered to customers and drop and hook loads throughout US covered all states. Communication with dispatch thru QUALCOMM. Follow DOT regulations at all times
over the road
Driver- refrigerated units (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2015
• Ability to receive and understand dispatched orders.
• Ability to keep logs up to date and properly maintained.
• People and communication skills.
• Precise loading and docking skills.
No home time
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: best training program
Cons: pay sucks
they say that they'll get you home on a regular basis but that is not true. they pay is not competitive with other companies.
cr england
Service Writer (Current Employee), Salt Lake, UTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: change in schedule all the time
currently employed at cr england i like my job there has been alot of changes good and bad i have acquired new skills with office work and computer skills
no fun
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Burns Harbor, INMarch 27, 2015
what a dump steer clear. driver, mechanic, whomever whatever stay away. this place is a true scam! they take your time and give nothing for it.
learned the transportation industry
Operations Driver Manager, Local Driver (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 25, 2015
was my 1st job driving, and advanced to driver manager. liked the atmosphere , and everybody worked together. I worked with people that had a lot of seniority and taught me everything I needed to know.
run from these people
driver manager (Former Employee), ochelata okMarch 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: all management is horrible
Was a driver manager, they force drivers to run tired, cheat on logs, and treat you horribly, they lie and the management is worse
Good Company
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake UtahMarch 20, 2015
Great company to work especially if you like training people. Good organization, good benefits, pay wasn't as good as I wanted but it was experience.
Challenging Workplace C.R. England/Swift Transportation
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: challenging, fun, busy
Cons: time away from home
A typical day at work is in a semi tractor trailer on the road. My Skills i acquired are Proper operation of a 73 foot semi tractor trailer in rural, urban, and open road environments, proper operation of on board computer for load details,safe driving habits,DOT compliance laws,Mapping and load trip planning from state to state. Management was very punctual on returning questions for loads,weather forecasts, and weekly training, as well as friendly and respectful.
co-workers were helpful well prepared. The hardest part of this job is being away from you family for months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being on the open road, site seeing, busy every day of the week and the benefits.
C.R.England is a trap.
Independent Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
So, you want to be an independent driver huh? Well, this is not the place to go, unless you think being a slave in the 21st century is something that appeals to you. You most likely won't drive enough miles to break even on your expenses due to your high truck payment and all the live unloads that you will experience at C.R.England. Try not to starve and get ticketed for overweight loads as you will have no money to pay for your bare necessities. Be amazed when your dispatcher asks you to deadhead hundreds of miles for a load all on your dime! Drivers, if you value your experience as a professional, you should not work here. You would make a better paycheck picking up cans for recycle.
ENJOYED THE SCHOOL ANN ON ROAD DRIVING VERY MUCH
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: driving, seeing the country
Cons: long hours, down time, little home time
PICK UP LOAD AND DRIVE CROSS COUNTRYTO DELIVER LOAD ON TIME.I LEARNED TO SAFELY INSPECT,MAINTAIN, AND OPERATE MY RIGG .,IN A CURTIOUS AND TIMELY MATER. MY DISPATCHER WAS FAIR. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS DRIVING IN ADVERS WEATHER. I ENJOYED DRIVING, MEETING NEW PEOPLE AND SEEING AMERICA,I HAD THE BEST OFFICE WINDOW VIEW IN THE COUNTY.
heavy truck driver
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: you get to see the country
Cons: no home time, sleeping, eating and driving day in day out
driving, how not to go down a hill. you are management, few and far in between. not going home for months at a time. the sights
scamers
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 10, 2015
Cons: the whole company
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just another huge trucking scam company ! I starved out there. never got home, drove way over the books. and they stole money with false charges. They lost law suit and still have not payed. DON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY IT'S ALL LIES!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About C.R. England

C.R. England is a world class organization and one of the top trucking and transportation companies in the country. In fact, we – Read more

C.R. England Salaries