C.R. England Employee Reviews

Found 1,123 reviews matching the search
Good place to start, not so much for experienced solo drivers
Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INDecember 13, 2016
My biggest complaint is getting the proper compensation every week without having to contact a DM or manager. Management is nearly non existent when you have an actual problem they need to take care of. Unless you have a dedicated run, forget running regular as a solo driver. This place is great for a new, inexperienced driver to be trained and get the experience needed to start a CDL career. However, if you are looking for a paycheck you don't have to fight for every week, and regular home time, this isn't the place.
Pros
training program
Cons
payroll and compensation, frequency of work available
I've only gone through the school.
Driver (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 12, 2016
So far I have only frome the training for my CDL, so there has been no home time. There will be sufficient compensation once I start the job, but the school itself only pays for the physical and the bus ride up. (I think they try to prepare people for sitting in a big vehicle for a long time, but greyhound busses have much less comfortable seating.) everyone needs tickets, so job security is ensured, but be safe out there. Management seems awesome and very helpful; I have heard stories, but have not experienced anything for myself.
Pros
Hey your CDL for free.
Cons
You have to pay (through the nose sometimes) for food while you're in class.
First phase of training.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2016
DMs dont call. They arent worried about you like you are told at school. Was informed that they are to be helping you and get more info thats beneficial for you and the company. Fast paced course. Which is good. Starting pay absolutely sucks. Especially for driving and 80000 missle down the road. Starting pay still needs to be a bit more. Glad my trainer is giving me as much time behind the wheel that he is. He does understand !
Pros
Career, Benefits, See the country, For the most part you are your own boss
Cons
Not enough home time. Other companies offer better. Even for the begining guys and gals.
productive in learning how to drive and operate
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
this is a great company. they offer great school and training. cr England has fine staff of instructors. I would recommend anyone to go to cr England to schooling and training. I promise you will be successful in this career of choice and you will be happy. I learn all sorts of manuvuers of how to operate a truck and trailer.
Pros
free lunches as promise also a successful career
Cons
they have great benefits and home time for your family
high stress position
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 3, 2017
poor culture at this place. Raises and bonuses were taken away last year. saleried positions due to heavy work load and no compensation for the extra time each day. average hours worked daily is between 10-12 hours and only get paid for 8 hours. Office setting and a lot of swearing by the bosses.
Pros
lots of pot luck lunches
Cons
heavey work load, bonus and merrit raises were taken away last year
Fast paced and motivated staff
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2016
Each day was a new challenge, with constant pressure from management to beat new and increasingly challenging goals we were forced to run a tight ship and meet any deadlines at the expense of our entire team. I liked working in such a cohesive unit but the weak links seemed to make things especially difficult and strenuous during low financial periods. Every one had pressure and drive to impress, but the emotional stress was evident. it wasn't necessarily the place to make friends, the bonus structure within the operations environment seemed to pit departments against one another. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming in every morning to a clean list of on-time loads, tracking production and making home time promises to my drivers, I really enjoyed the momentum of starting out on top each day.
Pros
Ability to move up, work with anyone, nice facilities and updated equipment, benefits (401K, health, dental etc)
C.R. England is a great employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2016
Every day I have an opportunity to work on interesting projects to improve processes or that make a positive difference. The culture is friendly and everyone helps one another. Employees share information to help one another learn. Achievements are recognized. Veterans are honored. Everyone works hard, but it's also a fun environment. I thoroughly enjoy my job and being part of an environment that really cares about the drivers. The best part of my job is I learn something every day and I get to help drivers!
Pros
Great working environment, Continuous learning, The opportunity to really make a positive difference!
Cons
The starting benefits are a little on the low side, but overall they're comparable.
All jods are going to mexico
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
They are slowly letting go of all the us employees and hiring people from mexico. They stopped all pay raises and will only give you 1/4 of your bonus
Great place
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2016
Had a lot of fun. Instructors are very friendly except for one of them. Understanding fast pace and you learn quickly. Not for the slow. Come study do what you have to do and get it done.
Pros
Great school
Cons
No meal compensation
Great learning experience
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2016
The driver training is great,lot of useful information.The instructors are very patient and kind,even on the testing day the instructor was very pleasant to work with.....thanks for the great experience CR England.
Pros
Great instructors.
Cons
No compensation during school.
C.R. England
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Mamou, LAOctober 26, 2016
Its was a new experiment for me I love the views and the school was pretty cool the classes was long but I learned a lot and the courses was fast but I had some good teacher
Pros
Free food and prices is high
Benefits
Do plenty of research before applying
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 24, 2016
Do your research before you come here. There are plenty of YouTube videos I suggest you watch them.Great place to come and get your commercial license. You will learn a lot from the school they offer. By the time I had been driving for 3 months with the company 90% of the people that were with me in class had quit. The pay during your training is horrible but they do pay for a cheap hotel. It was so bad that most of the students were stealing breakfast from the hotel and having it as lunch and dinner. I also had a chance to speak to the hotel staff when they asked me how much we got paid because a couple of students asked not to throw away the left over food and to give it to them. You will pretty much become broke during the training period, that's how low the wage is.
Pros
Fast Pace School Program
Cons
Very Low Salary
Do not work for this company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
This is not the company to work for. I started with them in July 2015...left in November 2015 and it was worth it. They pay is absolutely horrible! You can work at McDonald's and make more money a week. The DM's are not qualified and have no idea how to handle any situation that comes up. Planners don't know how to plan for the driver. They DO NOT honor home time! They will avoid giving you a trip to or around your home state with the fear that you (drivers) won't come back. It is best to obtain your CDLs on your own do not go through CR England. They are a major rip off.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hometime, DM
C.R. England
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
To start off the recruiters lied to me. Told me I'd be making more money then the job I was at. Since I've been here you don't get paid a decent amount until about 6 months in the job. Also During training you have to pay and wait for everything. A lot of stuff you don't know until you get here. Its a good way to get started with your CDL. Basically a starter company if you don't have a family nor bills. But other then the job, the school itself is pretty good. The instructors and management are pretty cool and I met a lot of nice people here. But I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone to work.
Pros
Get cdl quick
Cons
You pay for everything, no home time, and doest pay good
I would give a D (grade)
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
CR england is a poorly managed company, I drove over the road, I envoyed exploring America, been to 44 states. However the salary is low, and the company reputation is horrible.
Pros
Cana easily advance
Cons
Low salary, poor management
Bad
Truck driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84101August 22, 2016
I went to work in Salt Lake City Utah as a driving instructor at their school. I absolutely loved my job and found out that I was a very good teacher. I had a very high pass in graduating right. I really thought that I would be there for many many years. But as time went on I discovered that the school management was very poor. I discovered that they treated their students horribly treated them like they were children instead of grown adults seeking to further their education and to obtain a new career. They were like two they were cheated and very under paid. I put my two weeks notice said ad was told that they would not let me finish out my two weeks because I had a bonus coming and sure enough one week left of my two week notice so they fired me. It just goes to show that the people that have worked there for years I just afraid of going out and getting a real job. I would never recommend this company to anybody anytime anywhere. If you want your CDL there I'm much better schools out there
Not as it appears
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2017
Dorm style rooms are terrible. No food is provided. Structure of classes has proven successful in the past, so they stick with it. But nothing that the recruiter offered/promised/assured is really the case in real life. And the school administration doesn't care. I didn't take the course as a last ditch effort to get a job, I wanted my CDL. But students are often treated like cattle and aren't specifically chosen by recruiters. Dredges of society, desperate employees who aren't really interested in having this be a career, or don't plan on staying past their required time shouldn't continue. Certainly not given keys to an 80K # killing machine. Putting disgruntled drivers in dorm rooms with new recruits is detrimental to morale and retention.
Pros
Quick complete course
Cons
Professionalism of overall organization
The setting has all of the comforts of home
New Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2016
I have never driven a manual before nor a tractor trailer combination vehicle, so my being nervous was an understatement. I have successfully graduated and have full confidence in becoming more skilled on the road as I go to the next level in my new career. This school is one that I would recommend to anyone that is shopping around for a school to learn and obtain their cdl, the trainers are great and have your best interest in mind. I want to thank the entire training staff in building my confidence in becoming an OTR driver. I learned not only how to drive a manual, but also how to double shift as well, I look forward to hitting the road and learning what the next phase has in store so that I may become even more skilled as a professional and licensed cdl driver.
Pros
Very focused on helping you obtain your CDL
Cons
No food is provided.
Great place to get started!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2016
I have no complaints other than that the Texas school was not up to par on their training...I just wish I would have come here to Salt Lake to begin with. It is a great facility with awesome instructors who teach at a high level to get you on a truck with a trainer in as little as 2 weeks. The curriculum and training is there you just have to apply yourself and take action. Although they don't feed you, you're getting a FREE education, a place to stay while training, and a guaranteed job/career once completed. Just bring enough money (about a months worth) for your food and license testing and your good. They teach at a fast pace but are there if you need additional training. Above all, be prepared for life on the road because that's exactly what this is. Good luck and have fun!
Pros
Free education and a rewarding career
Cons
Having to switch schools because of lack of training at previous school
Would not work there if paid double
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 23, 2016
Treat employees as a piece of meat. I worked for two months without a day off. Was made promises that never were met. The salary was just what they promised. It was near impossible to determine who you reported to or how to contact them. Too many chiefs.
Pros
Salary was what they promised
Cons
No clear hiarchy. Too many bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.R. England. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6