Analyst Position Overview
Analysts work together with experienced C1 Consultants and Managers to deliver consulting and market research projects to clients. As an Analyst, you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Collect and analyze information from primary market research and secondary data sources
- Use Excel and statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS) to conduct quantitative analyses
- Use qualitative data analysis software to conduct qualitative analyses
- Develop concise and meaningful PowerPoint slides
- Communicate findings from your analyses to internal team members and, over time, to clients
- Interact with and manage third-party vendors
- Work on a team in a highly collegial and collaborative environment
C1 projects are staffed with two to three team members. Working with small teams creates a close working relationship with other C1 team members and clients. Direct involvement with clients enables a better understanding of their needs and how project results and insights get used.
As a small firm, C1 relies heavily on on-the-job learning. Working closely with highly experienced C1 Consultants and Managers who are directly involved in project work allows new Analysts to learn quickly. New Analysts work with their managers on professional development goals, career guidance, and performance evaluation. As Analysts demonstrate analytic and project management skills, responsibilities grow rapidly.
Desired Analyst Profile
Ideal candidates for the Analyst position are graduates of top Masters or PhD programs with some work experience. Undergraduates with 2 or more years of relevant work experience may also be considered.
Although many of our Analysts have degrees in the life sciences, engineering, or business, we hire from a wide range of disciplines including psychology, sociology, economics, statistics, and other programs with an analytic focus, as long as there is an expressed desire to apply these skills to the healthcare industry.
In addition to strong educational background and work experience, we evaluate the following qualities when reviewing Analyst candidates:
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Work ethic
- Healthcare experience is highly desirable
- Proficiency in statistical software programs (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA) is desirable but not required
Permanent U.S. Employment Authorization required.