C3i, Inc. Employee Reviews

The mc donalds of IT support
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 3, 2016
This job is great if you need to balance something like college or just being released from prison and have no where else to turn. The job pretends to be customer service but its really an IT tech support job. Don't worry even if you don't know how to power on a computer they will hire you and put you in a seat until the rude clients you deal with put you down and you never want to come back. They don't fire people for missing more then a week at a time so job security is fine. There is no chances for advancement as they would prefer to move people around who can't handle there job to easier positions up the chain then give it to people who are strong workers. It is easy to balance life and work because you don't really need to show up to work if you don't want to. We still have full time techs in the building who have missed over 20 days this year unplanned who somehow still have person time to take off for personal days. Management will go out of there way to hold you down if you work too hard because they know that the good ones are slim pick ins.
This job is decent if you are fresh out of college/highschool and need real job experience. Don't expect much more then that though, you don't get paid for what you do and management would rather spend there time on smoke breaks then fixing their accounts.
Pros
They are flexible with schedule
Cons
Pay is low, there is no difference between good and bad employees really
People who have worked here for a lesser time period will be chosen for higher up positions, before seasoned employees
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  PAJune 20, 2016
This is a fun place to work for.
Call volume can be hectic. Management makes very questionable decisions. You will get along with your peers. Callers can be very nasty. Be aware this job is way below market value. You can find similar jobs with better pay. Surveys have to be offered every call, but there is no reward for positive surveys.
Recently, some desks werr bought out by foreign companies, temp workers were given new positiona and seasoned techs will be losing their jobs.
Pros
Friendly staff. Some overtime. Weekends off.
Cons
Low pay, No more rewards system, Not at market value, The pittston operations manager makes false promises, full time will get screwed
The numbers are the only thing that matters
Level 1 Call Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAAugust 14, 2016
I don't know what the other desks are like, but the specific desk I was on was the worst job I've ever had.

If you have any medical conditions, be them physical or mental, you are going to have a bad time. It really doesn't have a lot to do with your callers; yes you will have your occasional bad egg and plain angry client, but they are peanuts compared to the management you have to deal with on a daily basis. I personally ended up having to up my dosage of medication just to keep from having panic attacks while on my way to the building, and even then it didn't work.

And have fun trying to get your lunch. I worked there for 8 months and I can count how many times I had my lunch break on one hand. It would get to the point where I purposefully stop taking my medication in the morning before work so I can beg to get away from the phones to eat and take them in the afternoon - and even that wasn't guaranteed.

The management is a joke. They care little about the callers and more about the numbers. Yes, numbers is important on a logistic standpoint, but you know what? If you have to spend 2 and half hours with one person to make sure they can do their job, then you take 2 and a half hours! I have been yelled at several times for doing my job; I was taking too long even though the caller had 10 different issues which requires multiple accesses and a ticket for every single thing.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, that access I was talking about? Stuff it. You will not get the access you need until the day you quit. You need approx.20 different access to do your job efficiently. I had
  more... 5. So part of the reason I would spend 20 minutes on a call instead of 10 minutes is because I had to run around the floor, find someone that wasn't on a call and/or wasn't using the app that I need, HOPE they have access to it, and get what I need done.

The bright side to all of this? The people on the phones with me. Not just my callers, but my fellow Level 1s and 2s. When I worked there, we were like a big nerd family. The SMEs were great too. Some of them quiet and a little awkward, but always willing to help so long as you tried to find the answers for yourself first.

Your callers will also be generally nice. You have to remember that they aren't mad at you, just at the situation. As soon as they have a solution or can get on the right path to one, they are really glad you're there to help them. A lot of times when you have to spend an hour or two on the phone with them, you end up chatting it up with them and having a pretty good time despite the circumstances that brought you together.

Benefits are pretty alright. When I worked there, I had gold standard health insurance and that's delightful. I didn't invest in the 401k, so I can't tell you much about that.

Advancement is... spotty. I've seen many hard working level 1s get skipped over for lesser yes men when it came time to fill in a spot for level 2s and other positions.

Sorry about the wall of text, but it's important to talk about these things.
Pros
Many breaks if you smoke, your fellow Level 1s and 2s are generally nice and willing to help
Cons
management, minimal/no lunch breaks to speak of
a company that owns other companies low pay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2016
I'm really tired of these places that buy out or go into partnership with other companies and lie about it, low pay, no job security or raises.
Pros
I guess its a job
Cons
no benifits, not good pay
If you are breathing you will be hired.
Warranty Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 19, 2016
The company preaches about being the best company to work for but the turnover rate is the highest in PA. Every week they have to have job fairs and constantly recruiting as many people as possible. The problem is when Telerx bought them out and kept the same people in charge when c3i owned it. Not one person at C3i has any kind of degree and they are in charge of these people that make the money for them. If you want to work for $11 an hour go right ahead. The people in the warehouse make more money than the techs.
Pros
You can smoke as much as you want and take as many breaks you want.
Cons
There are none.
Productive and fun workplace
Allocation Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 8, 2015
c3i is a professional, but fun workplace. I have grown close to most of my peers and most of management. They have trained me to be a better person and learn more about the medical field. Whenever I need help my managers are always there to help me out and train me. The hardest part of the job is to quickly adapt to changes within the client's demands, but that is also the most fun about it. We work very closely with the client.
C3i is a good experience for anyone willing to grow in a chaotic environment.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at C3i is not a bad day but it is very hectic and it is to much to learn even for the month grace period (of the extra one month) you get after training for an entire month.

I learned that the Service Tech is such a basic level position that you don't even solve most of the issues that arise on your daily goal to satisfy the internal clients of the company.

Management is not bad, they are very nice comprehensive people that really want the best for you and the company. But They need to be more organized when it comes to pretty much EVERYTHING...
Some of the people that are training the new employees don't even know to solve issues at less they are senior supervisors or employees that have been there for months to several years.

Never the less it was a good experience and clients are not bad... they just need to get their job done and they think that you can solve their issues magically.

For the most part good co-workers and good people in management, but horrible organization.

2.1