CACI International Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Work/Life Balance Absent
Database Administrator/Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 10, 2016
I lost count of the all-nighters, lost weekends, and managers standing over your shoulder, and lack of appreciation for efforts well done. Ethics appear to be a priority here, however, those in position that I worked with only provided lip-service.
Really good company
SPECIAL SECURITY OFFICER (Deployed) (Former Employee) –  BagrāmFebruary 9, 2016
Never had any issues and the management was great. Gained plenty of experience and culture was adaptable being that I was deployed.
Atypically Slow Contracting Firm
Application Systems Developer Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 8, 2016
CACI is a big defense contractor in Virginia. They possess many contracts for the Navy. However, as a contractor, they tend not to do much new development work, at least at the location I am at. Most of my work has either been maintenance, making small changes to the system, or IA security. The only time I actually felt like I learned anything valuable was when I was loaned out to the Database team. In that situation I picked up on some PL-SQL. The management has very poor planning abilities and does not assign appropriate timeframes to complete assignments, usually overallocating very simple tasks, and assigning few hours for important ones, while pressing hard to follow the schedule for the sake of Earned Value.
Pros
good pay, decent benefits coverage
Cons
poor management, poor time scheduling, lack of work or overload
Interesting
CACI Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 2, 2016
Good people to work with on site, majority are easy going and very personable. I do not mind the work but it can become repetitive and it takes a strong mind to remain a hard charger.
love it
System Analyst II J (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 29, 2016
this company is awesome. some of the best people I have worked with. I love working on things that get sent to the military
CACI - Atlanta
Sr. Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
Pay is comparable. I was told the project would be busy - not so much. I am used to creating 3-4 documents a week, but ended up creating 3-4 documents a month if I was lucky.
Pros
open to schedule - not necessarily 8-5p
Cons
Co holiday schedule doesn't coincide with gov't holidays (need to use vac of LWOP), turn over is high.
Fun place, learning environment
IT/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Good work ethics, enjoyed the new experience. Never worked in the IT field before, they conducted good on the job training.
Your opinion of CACI will depend on the contract you are on.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 26, 2016
I have worked at a client offsite CACI office location and an onsite SETA contractor and the experience is drastically different. Your opinion of the company will invariably be reflected in the work you do. I enjoyed working
Pros
Nice work/life balance. Veterans and former military friendly. Accommodating, understanding, supportive corporate environment.
Cons
Job security; once your contract ends, so does your employment.
Used to be a good place to work.
Office Administrator/Asst. Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2016
Was a great place to work until a policy change put an off-site manager in charge of our team. "Manager" did not have any experience working at a "client site" nor working with a diversified team that knew how to work with the clients. He didn't have any idea of how to work with the team that was in place nor did he have any intentions of "working w/ them". All down hill after that.
Excellent company to work for.
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, KYJanuary 20, 2016
I have worked with CACI for 3 years, would love to work for CACI again if any other contracts with CACI are in my area. CACI is an excellent company to work for. Recognizes your hard work and treats everyone with respect. Will advance you in the company when opportunity arise if you should an effort to do your job well.
Pros
Always treat employees with respect.
Cons
No cons, would love to retire from this company.
Productive Company
System Programmer I (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAJanuary 18, 2016
The workforce is a mix of retired military and civilian; so interaction and social environment is very favorable. At the co-worker level you are practically family, which makes the work and life manageable.
However, the company is growing at the time I'm writing this and is changing direction.
The new mood of management is to promote young and headstrong types. Those that are content with being on the low end are being weeded out slowly.
Another note: Since this is a contract company, job security is not guaranteed unless you are lucky enough to still be around after the first 3-5 years. It's not the company's fault, its just the budgets of the contracts.
Pros
Great benefits and good willed co-workers
Cons
Contracts, never know if your job will still be there
Excellent place for military
Department of Veteran Affairs Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 14, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. They put a lot into the development and care of their employees. The CEO is prior military and understands the challenges facing military families.
Pros
Paid Holiday parties, travel opportunities, and training.
Competion Brings Out the Worst
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2016
As an analyst, I worked on contracts that CACI had won or purchased through company acquisition.

~A Day at Work
Normally, you came in, did your work, and nobody bothered you. However there are times when special events come up, a new employee, an old veteran employee, special holidays, etc., where they don't take the time to recognize those events. Even for employees who worked for them for nearly a decade or so.

~Management
Most managers seem more concern with pleasing their bosses instead of saying no "Bob" that isn't possible. They're fixated on time card compliance and other corporate policies. Sure they talk a good talk about caring for you but in the end they make bad ethical judgments that are in violation of Federal, customer, and company policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.

~Co-Workers
Most people are professionals like anywhere else but occasionally you do find an unsavory character floating around.

~Not so Pleasant Stuff
The contracting world has brought out the worst in this company and the people, especially when it is announced that a period of performance is about to end and there will be so many layoffs. Experienced people are laid off over the junior crowd and often cheaper labor. For a company that prides itself on ethics, there sure is a lack of it at all lower levels.

~Most Enjoyable Part
The best part of working here is the job and the mission or service that is being provided. CACI supports the many government agencies and they all have valuable and worthwhile missions that are necessary in today's environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Employee Discounts (Software, Cell Phone, etc.)
Cons
Never ending contract cycle, job instability
Great company, great people.
Russian Linguist/Foreign Media Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Great company, great people. Good management and costumer base. Mediocre job security by virtue of being mostly contract company specializing in government services.
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Great people. Must rember that it is a "contract" job andt herefore you should never get so comfortable that you think you are irreplacable.
Best Experiece
GIS Quality Control Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I was given the opportunity to move from project to project and to learn many different variations of data production specifications and guideline. In that way, I was always able to find a new and stimulating challenge.
Pros
Flex-schedule, great benefits
Cons
Easily boring
Excellent Company
Digital Technician Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 3, 2016
CACI is a great company to work for. CACI has many goverment position to apply for. The managers and co-workers are great to work with and the pay is great.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Contractual
Caci
Technical Trainer, Lead (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 29, 2015
I have worked for CACI for about 7 years now and worked on a variety of projects, serving in different roles. There is a lot of flexibility within CACI and there is opportunity for advancement.
Review
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 29, 2015
Provides testing support for Functional Testing of various web-based and SharePoint applications.

Creates automated scripts for Regression testing in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
CACI Culutre
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 24, 2015
CACI is a strong company that lives by their motto "Ever Vigilant". CACI is as loyal to its emnployees as it is to its customers. CACI is a very professional company that strives for excellence in everything that they do.

CACI International Inc Reviews by Location