*We’re looking for a team player.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the Insurance Industry.
We’re looking for an established Service Manager and Account Executive.
We’re CAL Insurance, and we're looking for you!*
CAL Insurance & Associates, Inc. is recognized as a “top tier,” agency by the insurance companies we represent. Established in 1927 and financially stable, we are a one of the most established regional brokerages, meaning that our clients are typically headquartered in California; predominantly in the Bay Area. Being a “full service” agency allows us to represent our client’s entire insurance portfolio. We represent the best, most stable insurance companies available in the marketplace. Whether our clients' needs are for their business or for their personal lives, we help them establish and manage their insurance portfolio.
Located in the Sunset Neighborhood of San Francisco, we offer exceptional salary and benefits, state-of-the-art technology systems and resources, a dedicated office space with plenty of free parking, and warm and encouraging colleagues. We treat our employees with great respect, and cheer on the success of our colleagues who positively impact our culture. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a stable, well-established, and respected regional firm. We invite you to visit our website at www.cal-insure.com for additional information.
Service Manager and Account Executive - Standard Accounts
Reporting directly to the President, the Service Manager and Account Manager will:
- Lead, manage and develop a staff of 10+, setting workflow and measurable objectives, driving continuous improvements through training and monitoring programs, and ensuring best practices techniques in the creation, implementation and administration of procedures;
- Determine and oversee Service Department needs with regards to the organization’s products and services,
- Assume management and ownership of data in the organization’s customer database,
- Act as liaison between Service and Sales Manager and advocates the Service department to help maintain a balance between Sales and Service;
- Under the direction of the executive team, oversee the handling of claims, from first report to claims closure. Coordinates potential or actual errors and omissions claims, advancing payment for clients, and ongoing management of client based projects such as our “Top 50 Accounts” campaign.
- Work closely with and provide weekly updates to executive management team to enhance sales strategy and provide weekly activity reports.
- Stay current on agency markets, insurance forms and coverages;
- Communicate with clients, in writing and by phone, to discuss renewals, explain time lines and expectations. Although not technically a "sales" person, incumbent will ensure the proper handling of accounts, the discussion of coverages with clients, and recommendation and writing of additional coverages;
- Provide written proposal to explain coverages and pricing, and provide to Producers for client renewal review. Oversee certificate distribution;
- Order renewals with selected carriers. Bill the client on “agency billed” policies and confirm with the client payment terms;
- Ensure client and coverage data is input by new business producer and marketing department. Assume management and ownership of data in our customer database, including creating and/or reviewing records to keep our electronic files current. Documents insurance conversations when there is a change in coverage or advice is given to change coverage
- Coordinate risk management duties with CAL claims staff on larger accounts and stay current on client claims (particularly larger claims).
What You Bring To Our Team:
- 8-10 years of insurance industry and staff management experience;
- Ability to build long term relationships with customers and prospects, organizational leadership, staff, vendors and valued clients;
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing, including experience with executive-level communication;
- Must be technologically savvy, computer literate, and experienced in Microsoft Office Suite 2000, Internet research, and utilizing a contact management database. Power user in Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred.
- Must have knowledge of TAM/Applied Systems or similar Insurance agency management software system
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company that possesses great stability, (as evidenced by the many years we've been in business), while ready to advance further into your career, rush your resume and salary history using the Indeed.com submittal tool, as indicated. We look forward to hearing from you!
CAL Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 14 months ago