We are a family owned transportation and logistics company that has been in business for more than 75 years. Our storied success is a result of hardworking, committed employees and an ownership group that embraces change and employee engagement.
We are currently looking for an experienced Line Haul coordinator to fill a position vacated by a transfer of an employee to another department. If you enjoy working in a small business (80 or less employees) and want to contribute to our continued success, this is the place for you.
Position Title: Line Haul Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Government Operations
The primary function of this position is to facilitate the movement of Military Baggage and Household goods between
port agents and Pick Up/Delivery Agents via truck and/or railroad.
- Analyzes tariff rates, freight classifications, delivery schedules, carrier capabilities and transportation regulations.
- Determines the most cost effective methods of preparation of freight for shipment, rates to be applied, and mode of
transportation to be used.
- Contacts vendors and shippers to check status of orders and ensure that merchandise, supplies, and equipment are
forwarded on specified shipping dates.
- Review carrier and port agent invoices for inaccuracies. Contact carriers to resolve invoice issues. Combine invoices
with BOL and coordinate with Accounting. Perform self audits.
- Communicates with transportation company to preclude delays in transit, puts tracers on shipment in cases of en
route delays, and may arrange for distribution of materials upon arrival.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information
against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Demonstrate and live out positive, respectful and engaged behavior toward coworkers, customers, vendors and our
Company on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with little or minimal supervision
- Proven team player that works with a sense of urgency to meet or exceed the internal and external customer's
Experience And Education: Required Education and experience: High school diploma/GED with 2-4 years progressively responsible experience working in the logistics/transportation industry. Previous LTL experience preferred
Preferred Education and experience: Four year degree in Logistics, Supply Chain management or Transportation related field and one year experience in an LTL or dispatch role.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer full benefits after 90 days to include, health, dental and vision. In addition we offer company paid long term disability, long term care, life insurance and a wellness program and gym subsidies.