CASA of Oregon, the largest producer of Farmworker Housing in Oregon, seeks a housing developer. The position requires experience delivering HUD, Rural Development, and or LIHTC housing, as well as customer service, team work, team management, and critical thinking. Bilingual, construction, GIS, and or land acquisition experience/knowledge is beneficial. We are a 25 year old mission driven corporation offering good salary and impressive benefits.
CASA of Oregon has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon.
The principal goal of the Housing and Facilities Program Manager is to oversee the efficient and effective development of housing and community facilities for our project sponsors.
The Housing and Facilities Program Manageris responsible for the development of multi-family housing, single-family housing and community facility projects for CASA and helps determine the course of CASA’s development program. The Housing and Facilities Program Manager also directs and facilitates activities from predevelopment through lease-up or sale.
The Housing and Facilities Program Manager reports to the Housing and Facilities Development Director
- Customer Service
- Selling consultant services
- Project conceptualization
- Project feasibility
- Real Estate acquisition
- Securing financing – public and private
- Working closely and successfully with staff, clients, third party contractors, and others, including: Architects; Attorneys; General Contractors; Funders; Environmental, Appraisal, and Market Study service providers; Various city and county staff throughout the state.
- Performing community outreach (seeking project support)
- Preparing budgets and timelines
- Reviewing contracts and agreement
- Overseeing all aspects of project development
Desired Skills & Experience
BA/BS in planning, construction sciences, business, architecture or related field is preferred.
- At least three years experience developing real estate and/or managing affordable housing and construction projects:
- A thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in affordable housing development and finance;
- Experience working with families, local sponsors, community representatives, lenders, and other involved in the development process;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects, budgets, and contracts;
- Capacity to work independently and perform complex tasks with minimal supervision;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- A commitment to working in a bicultural/bilingual environment; and
- A driver’s license and access to transportation.