Overview: The Civic Justice Corps is a 8 month with 4 months of aftercare program for young people between the ages of 18 – 24 that were previously involved in the juvenile justice system, providing a strengths-based approach to helping participants build skills through education and employment services, and addressing any other issues to prevent further criminal justice involvement. The Case Coordinator works as part of a team maintaining a caseload of participants coordinating both in-house and outside services to assist them in developing practical living skills and establishing community ties.
- Motivates court-involved young people to enable them to meet court obligations;
- Assesses the strengths and needs of each participant;
- Works with youth to develop and implement effective program plans;
- Coordinates and monitors referrals to in-house program services and appropriate community based organizations based on a client’s program plan;
- Monitors and responds timely to non-compliance with program standards and requirements;
- Meets with clients as required;
- Maintains updated progress notes and other documentation in the program database;
- Establishes relationship with community partners in order to increase intake referrals
- Provides complete and detailed information about client program participation to enable staff to capture and report on client progress or lack of it;
- Participates in case conferencing as required; and
- All other duties as assigned by the Team Director
Position entails a 35 hour a week commitment from Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9:30 am and 5:30 pm.
- College degree, or HS degree with equivalent relevant experience
- Two years of counseling experience with youth in human services and/or criminal justice field;
- Commitment to working from a youth development, strengths-based approach;
- Demonstrated ability to engage, and motivate youth;
- Good working knowledge of word processing; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Case IH is a global leader in agricultural equipment, committed to collaborating with its customers to develop the most powerful,...