CBE Companies is currently seeking an HR Specialist for the Kansas City, KS office. This position will be responsible for benefits, employee relations, and other areas the Human Resource Department supports. The HR Specialist will need to constantly project a positive image of the Kansas City office and the company through a professional approach and appearance. This position will play a vital role as one of the key players in CBE’s Human Resources Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred
- Two years of previous experience in Human Resources is required in the area of benefits and employee relations
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to interact with various levels of associates and management.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and a strong work ethic
- Expected proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a strong knowledge of all the benefits that CBE offers to our employees.
- Gain a clear understanding of all CBE corporate policies and procedures.
- Counsel employees and leadership on policy issues and employment concerns
- Assists with the on-boarding of new hires for the branches.
- Conduct one-on-one new hire orientations, when needed, along with the ability to conduct orientations in a group setting
- Provide assistance, when needed, to the Recruiter in regard to prescreening, reference checks, employment verifications, etc.
- Coordinate paperwork and communication to employees for participation in the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the company’s Short Term Disability plan.
- Process benefit paperwork for new employees, or for current employees that request a change timely, accurately and appropriately.
- Prepare termination/resignation forms.
- Provide support to all employees that have questions regarding CBE’s benefit plan.
- Have a basic understanding of HR laws and regulations to ensure CBE is adhering to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Maintain accuracy in all handouts and forms that are distributed to CBE employees, to keep them up to date.
- Assist in planning employee related events, such as company picnics, health fairs, employee benefit trainings, annual trainings, etc.
- Assisting to maintain and update company databases, including Timekeeping, HR Information system and Badge Access software.
- Coordinate HR related duties with the HR team in the Cedar Falls office. Communicate and provide documentation as appropriate on benefit set-up, timekeeping issues, employment letters, etc. with the HR department in Cedar Falls.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate in working with employees on personnel related matters. Adhere to all HIPAA, GLBA and privacy regulations.
- Participate, as needed, on internal interviewing teams for management positions.
- Assist with submitting information for Unemployment Insurance Benefits claims and participate in fact-finding interviews as appropriate.
- Ability to take initiative and complete assignments, after initial direction, to completion.
CBE Companies is the parent company of CBE Group (founded in 1933), CBE Customer Solutions, and Argent Account Acquisitions. The mission of CBE Companies is to make its customers better through a focus on the deepest understanding of its customers' business, innovative solutions that provide clear value in solving specific business challenges, and a unique culture and investment in employee engagement. As part of the company's mission to make customers better, every CBE employee has signed a Code of Ethics pledge to treat each other, clients and consumers in the same manner each of us would expect to be treated if faced with a similar situation.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Background Checks & Drug Testing Required