CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Amazing Culture
Senior Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2017
• Responsible for creating highly personalized digital marketing campaigns using measured & targeted Geo Fencing-Farming, Facebook, Programmatic & Behavioral Display, Email Campaigns & Search Retargeting.
• Helping my clients gain exposure, and increase profits from effective ad campaigns by monitoring and evaluating performances to determine improvement opportunities.
• Develop and advise on marketing strategies by understanding client expectations, and identifying marketing & advertising opportunities.
• Building rapport with client representatives and marketing staff through routine & scheduled interactions.
Mimimal opportunity for career growth and development
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
The people are nice. However, there is no structure or commitment to growth, development, or career advancement. Leadership is in transition and no signs of a clear strategic plan.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
lack of direction
Radio Advertising
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
Fun environment but pay and benefits not so great. I learned a lot about radio and advertising. Management was good. Tough environment if you're just starting out in sales with no book of business.
Best work culture and environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
CBS has an amazing work environment and really cares about their employees. Open lines of communication starting from assistants up to upper-level management.
Big company
Digital Integrated Sales Manager - CBS New York (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Big company. Too many managers. Lots of politics. Ok opportunities to advance. Nice office. Decent people. Good healthcare. Micro management of staff at times.
Poor corporate culture
Senior Manager, Database Operations (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 25, 2017
- Average Leadership
- High Stress-level
- Poor Company structure
- No Global Presence
- No work from home policy
- High amount of outsourcing
- High turnover rate
- Low compensation for non-executives
- Poor professional culture
- Solid company benefits
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great experience
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
My internship thus far has been a great learning experience. Everyone in the office is extremely friendly and helpful. I am excited to continue learning.
Great Company to work for
Confidential (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
I'm very proud of the brand and what it represents. Great benefits and team environment. People are pleasant to work with and there's good tenure. Happy to be working for CBS.
Good Expereince
Tax Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2017
I learned so much throughout my internship and loved the people who I worked with and worked for..
- you always have something new to work on
- your managers will teach you step by step
Cbs
Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
I came in to work on projects. Everyone has a lot on their plate and works hard.
IT is a good group but was going through a transition when I left so it is hard to really comment on how things are now.
Work/Life balance not balanced for many
Digital Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
The workplace culture is great. Everyone gets along. This makes it enjoyable to work for this company. However, people have to fight for promotions and salary increases that are well deserved, including simple cost of living increases. I was not given one for 3 years and then for another 4 years despite saving the company money. I remained per diem my entire time at this company due to the work/life balance. I witnessed people working from 9am to 9pm and this wasn't possible for me due to outside responsibilities.
Productive and fun working there. Good Management and friendly co workers
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
It is very much 9 to 5 job with not much of stress. People are very helpful. Learned more about media, their culture and technical terminologies.Very friendly, enthusiastic and supporting management/managers, who recognize and appreciates your work.
It is work friendly and encouraging envoronment.
Overall a dynamic company to work for! Excellent benefits, honored history.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2017
I worked for CBS for 5 years as their Executive Assistant in the IT Department. In that time I was able to successfully complete my Certification of Microsoft Office Specialist. Some college credits were also added to my experience with their tuition reimbursement program. The benefits were very good and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the administrative team who supported C-level executives. The hardest part of my job was perhaps interacting with challenging personalities.
Benefits
Cons
Volatile dept.
Great place to elevate your professional skill set
Sales (Current Employee) –  NationwideFebruary 5, 2017
There is always something new happening and the people are oftentimes great characters from the support to the management.
Old school values
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Corporation needs to think outside of the box, stuck in a time warp bubble. Management needs to listen to the young works looking for growth.
Good Place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
Great place to get your foot in the door. Otherwise you'll be underpaid with lack of growth and advancement. Decent perks if you know someone.
OK, but not Good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2016
Las Vegas management does not know how to be honest, the benefits are the best reason to work here, the culture sucks and the people in accounting make life miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Hard work, some fun
Sr.Programmer / System Analyst / Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
Work day required - 8HRs
Schedule is flexible - you can start work day from 8-10AM
Many of manager have high technical skills
All stages of a project can be difficult, and at the same time rewarding
You have mostly rely on yourself - everyone is busy
Fun work place
CBS Head Page (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
Great place to learn the entertainment business. Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. You will learn a lot about the industry in this position.
Internship with CBS Radio
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2016
The hours were crazy and it was a "party environment". This was an internship in which I received college credits for so I was not paid. The employees that I worked with were very kind and helpful. I gained allot from my internship at CBS Radio.
Pros
Great atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.